CPU testing review

i’ve found 2 class 3 pvp ships that would work, that’s it !

please share if ur able. i would love to take a look under the hoods. i like to Invision the perspective of the builder. i tried to shove my head in my ass to get the developer’s point of view but there was too much crap in the way :-p

1 Like

Such as?

my bad unfortunately, although i only found them during A10 they were in fact from A9.

Princess Superstar & PVP Scopion CVs on workshop.

So if Emp1 can enlighten us it would be great…as i couldn’t find any…still checking daily though the worskhop for any vehicle i’d class as HWS pvp capable :confused:

Here there are many.
Also Class 5 ready for hws.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030086210/myworkshopfiles/?section=collections&appid=383120

1 Like

hehe not quite. that class 5 is only 249,000,000 over CPU limits :stuck_out_tongue: and was build in A9. You can find various pre A11 ships in that collection, and wouldn’t use any in pre A11 hws, with some being over the class limit, some to small, some not properly compartmentalised. All my old pvp are better and i’m a crap builder :slight_smile:

my old old hv used on gg https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1923521156

I was referencing the list Paxxo linked. I might be very bad at understanding the game because I do not think they are crap and I learned a lot from them. And yeah they are not CPU / Torque compliant it needs work to redo them.

@Paxxo1985 did you already refit a T4 ship (edit: for CPU + Torque update) and if so how long did you take to do it?

They are good without cpu limits. You will understand the basics from them.
Then you need to build a ship cpu compliant with the same basics. Removing rcs from ships will do a lot of the job.
Then you need to remove trusters and reduce class size (numbers of blocks). You need to hit 10.000.000 cpu and all will be good.

Generally speaking I refitted SVs and CVs so far, also HVs.

SV: you just remove RCS and all is good. You nearly never need to do anything else.

HVs: you remove RCS and shield. Then you change all combat steel to hardened steel. Then you are compliant but have a shitty HV. If you want something better, you need to replace blocks usually not targeted in battle through normal steel, and keep combat where it’s needed - long and tedious process.

CV: take a smaller one (class 1) remove RCS and done. Maybe change thruster positions.
For big CV - long process

1 Like

Paxxa, you himself the’re building or simply lover of a chat?)) If applies to arguments here inherent Golden hens, relative to world evolution, think we until now traveled would on horses)

Think, the interpreter not weathered, adequately my thought)))

Paxxo, ты сам то строишь или просто любитель поболтать?)) Если относится к доводам здесь присутствующих золотых наседок, по отношению к мировой эволюции, думаю мы до сих пор ездили бы на лошадях

This requires an mental cost, reading cry of gold bags, a feeling that they have lost the spirit of Empyrion. Everything new scares them)))

These people come here as a job))

Betty Botter bought some butter but, said she, the butter’s bitter. If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better. So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter, put it in her bitter batter, made her bitter batter better. So 't was better Betty Botter bought some better butter.

Бетти Боттер купила немного масла, но, сказала она, масло горькое. Если я положу его в свое тесто, оно сделает мое тесто горьким. Но немного лучшего масла сделает мое горькое тесто лучше. Поэтому она купила немного лучшего масла, лучше, чем горькое масло, положила его в свое горькое тесто и сделала свое горькое тесто лучше. Так что лучше Бетти Боттер купила немного лучшего масла.

Sorry but even my Russians clanmates cannot understand what are you trying to say in motherlanguage… Is not a translator problem lol

3 Likes

It would be better if Betty Botter was not) you would be easier)))
Your Russian colleagues are sitting under your skirt, and I do not hear them!

Было бы лучше, если бы Betty Botter не было) вам было бы легче)))
Твои русские коллеги сидят под вашей юбкой, и мнения я их не слышу!

1 Like

So from the point of view of a casual player ( I only get to play for 2-5 hours a week) CPU will be the end of MP for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of time to play and will be too difficult for anyone new to the server.
PVP will be left to those who are already rich which is almost how it is now it seems but I am pretty sure there won’t be any new fish in the PVP sea with CPU unless they are little to no cost to make the extensions… The costs were way way too high, i would say 1 diamond for T4SV ext would be about right since you need 4 of them to get the tier. The 450 gold ingots for 1 extension plus all the diamonds to get to that point price that test weekend had i thought was absolutely f*ing horrible. Unless gold becomes common on planets or asteroids in the pve and pvp (which i wouldn’t agree with really, it really is the only rare mineral) new players will just become too fustrated.
I had a barebones warp sled with a shield and 1 plasma cannon… it needed tier 3 cpu… this sled has 0 blocks just all components needed to fly and warp… I was choked… Tier 2 i could accept but the cpu limits are way too low…
Also the lag that weekend was the worst I have seen in 6 seasons of HWS…
CPUs will be the death of HWS and MP if the costs are high, I think a lot of people will still leave even if they are put in at all because they are a very restrictive unnessasary pain in the creative ass. I won’t be back next season if the costs are what they were in the test weekend.
Best solution i can think of if CPUs are enabled is have the in game Autominer trader sell NPC cores for $1,000,000 (or less) each… Everyones happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For CV it seems better?

I created my first T2 (yeah I am cheap) CV, explorer / mobile base / starter theme with drills, T2 shield, cannons (btw Flak uses less CPU than cannon if you want to go that route), 2 advanced constructor (80 k CPU for both) and warp. Its not a 150 m/s in every direction but still 30-50. It could be better if I went for a less “ok looking ship” and rather go ultra wide / flying block.

No experience with SV or HV since patch. I am using T2’s paxoo from workshop and it seems very very very tight to do better than that (2 railguns, T1 shield, no warp, nothing else really)

CPU should not be active

The processor must be active! And stop whining, you’re a minority!

3 Likes

I doubt Rhino is a minority. However they might be a minority of those that come back.

Does overshooting CPU affect performance of turrets on CVs, HVs and bases?