Cross server config

U need to setup FTP on both computers ye. Standaard FTP port is 21 but u can change it in what u like.

are you setting up a client ftp or a server ftp and if so are you going through a router how do you use port 21 on both machine?

I set it up on my pc with iis. Google it there enoigh guides how to make ur pc into a ftp server. I use custome ports. But both use the same port ye

I have 4 different internet connections to my house so i have 4 routers

I understand and have set them up before but with a router only one can us the port 21 but any other port are not working

u have to forward the ports in the right way and change settings in the windows firewall. In EAH Cross Server Warp u can just choice a port u want it to work with.

Thats how i managed to get it done with custom ports.

If they are in the same network and you can share the same directory, well then you dont need ftp. Just turn “Use FTP” off and set the Incoming path and outgoing path for both. See picture here:
https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/user/pages/02.documentation/flyout-menu/CSW%20Config.png

I got the FTP to work but it ekkps telling me I am in the wrong orbit and at one time it did yell me that I need to active it but I need help with the connection.

Did you set Playfield Outgoing to the right Playfield and chekced that the Playfield is written correct (smal/large letter and spaces!)

yes I am typying CSW:start:RAO. and my paths are set up just like your diagram

The top One is RAO connection to SkyFall

The Bottom is SyFall connection to RAO

I left out the Ip’s for good reasons. but the right Ip are in when I do FTP Test it comes back saying it works. I don’t don’t know what you mean by Playfield is written correct . The files for CSW are empty

I have been reading about playfields. Do I need to make a playfield for that folder? The CSW IN folder is empty. could you please send me an example of what should be in the folder?

Nothin has to be in that folder

THe playfields are in the game. U make there a playfield CSW Incomeing and CSW Outgoing. Set them up in the sectors.yaml

could you please send me an example of the sectors,yaml file?

Do u even know how to add new planets to the game? Cause it sounds like u dont.
Take a look to the current sectors.yaml. it should say enough how to add planets

• Coordinates:
      Color: 0, 1, 1
      Icon: Rhombus
      Playfields:
      • 0, 0, 0
      • CSW Incoming
      • CrossServerWarp
      • ''
        Allow: []
        Deny: []

when this game first came out I started to play with making planets but then was in the hospital with hearts problems so now I am trying this again sorry for sounding so stupid in this.

no worries just ask :slight_smile:
I was just wondering if u knew :slight_smile:

Jascha wrote a tool for the sectors.yaml ; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6u9hJyTzGlsZkRWLUtpN2RtVFE/view
Also there is this tool to make playfields from the planets and space : http://empyriononline.com/threads/empyrion-playfield-designer-v1-33-7.9789/

They might help u

thanks I will try to not ask so many dumb questions

they say there is no such things as a dump question :smiley:

u have to make a map in the GAME FOLDER\content\playfield (or if u use a own scenario in the secanrio folder)
Give it a name like CrossServerWarp (or w.e u want to name it). Put an Empty orbit inside there called playfield.yaml
Then in the sectors.yaml u set it up like i did. U can change cordinates, collor, icone, name in w.e u like

Hope this explains it abit more

I do advice u to use those 2 tools i linked. They make ur life easyer :stuck_out_tongue:

I have down load the programs and I am going to start on it now

Another question after making the universe where do I put theses files?

depends how u want to run it. Most online server run it as a scenario so that the game update wont overwrite there changes.

Think this link helps :slight_smile:

If not report back :slight_smile: