I would like to discuss CV Class Limits in different PvP zones, and get peoples thoughts, input and opinions.
Post your thoughts and preferences, and discuss others thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner. If you can’t do it nicely, then don’t post anything at all.
Class 1 CV Limits
From the number of Class 1 CV fights I have had, I can definitely say they are more enjoyable than larger fights. Not only are you able to quickly spawn a new one, but building a good Class 1 CV takes a lot of skill.
I really enjoy the fact that Eton and Blackhole both have Class 1 Limits. In light of this, I would like to suggest one of the following:
- Global Class 1 Limits - Controversial yes, but quicker more enjoyable fights. This means more kills, more RP, more thrills and more loot. It also makes it easier for newer players with less resources to get into the fight.
I have also noticed players camping Homeworld Stargates in Class 5 CVs, and this is likely to discourage new players to risk Homeworld. As all you need is 5 or so Class 5 CVs and you could completely lock down Homeworld Stargates.
Camping Homeworld Class 1 CVs would mean more risk for those players, as it would be easier for newer players to gang up and counter them.
- Another option - One Class 3-5 CV in Homeworld Per Alliance Less controversial, but would be helpful is limiting Homeworld to 1 Class 5 CV in Homeworld Per Alliance.
Similar points to above increases risk and makes it easier for newer players to gang up and have a chance against the factions with Class 3 - 5 combat CVs. But with this option alliances can still bring out their larger ‘tank’ ships.
Quicker fights mean less lag, as ships die and their turrets stop firing it has less strain on the server. Large Class 5 CVs take forever to die, and when you have a larger number of them firing for 60 minutes or longer that has a big strain on the server and lags out the playfield.
Smaller CV limits encourages newer players to join the fight. They can test out their CVs and actually have a chance to win the fight. Yet, when a newer player jumps into the fight and sees a group of 3 - 5 Class 5 CVs they immediately leave, as most realize they don’t stand a chance.
I’m not 100% here, but smaller ships also has less strain on the server as there are less blocks to calculate.
With Class 1 CVs, you will have to make sacrifices in design. You will not be able to make a solid combat CV that does everything. You can build a CV that does everything, but it will have less armor. We will a larger number of model of ships, and that makes the game more interesting.
- Class 1 CV Limit Global
- 1 Class 5 CV in Homeworld Per Alliance, other limits remain the same.
- 1 Class 3 CV in Homeworld Per Alliance, other limits remain the same.
- Leave Global Limits as they are