CV Class Limit Discussion

K warp is a real thing in hws

You have some footage I can see? The only 1 CV vs 1 SV Iā€™ve seen slaughter a CV is when it was a tiny mining vessel.

The Class 1 CV can just literally lock on a warp gate and warp out the second their shields go down, so if the CV dies itā€™s because it wants to die.

Itā€™s allowed to camp supergates, but it is not allowed to warp camp, and like Nuclear says, itā€™s a thing on HWS. You can easily warp from PvE to Homeworld.

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s what alliances do mate. They lock down systems, because they have the tactical ability to do so. Thatā€™s not a gameplay flaw, thatā€™s a player advantage.

1 Like

It might or might not, but it is a fact that Class 5 CVs definitely discourage players from venturing into PvP.

It doesnā€™t matter what class is it, a new player will get killed by class 5 or class 1 ship equally fast.

It is a fact though, that building a working class 5 cv is much easier than class 1.

1 Like

only people who ā€œcampā€ as you say are the bigger factions tryin to cut off rivals from fleeing. your faction included.

1 Like

Iā€™m aware of all of this. How easy it is to warp in and out of PvP just means that newer players will venture INTO a PvP space. It doesnā€™t address the point of encouraging players to join into a PvP fight.

Or they are just camping the Supergate looking for PvP. And thatā€™s exactly my point, larger alliances are camping the supergates. At the very least a Class 1 CV in limit in Homeworld would encourage newer players to engage with those campers.

The reason 90% of newbies donā€™t go into PvP, is not because of size class. Most donā€™t even know how that matters.

Many newbies are scared of PvP.
Thatā€™s how it is, and thatā€™s how itā€™s always been, and thatā€™s not anything we can change.

1 Like

why are you worried bout hw so bad other systems are class 7??? . bad experience?

1 Like

There are a lot of reasons why newer players are scared of PvP. Class size 5 CVs that canā€™t be killed are one of those reasons.

There are others as well, but you canā€™t honestly say that Class Size 5 CVs are not one of them.

On what basis do you make that claim? Do you know any newer players whoā€™d do that, and if so, why arenā€™t we speaking with them directly now. Iā€™d love to direct them to the helpful pvp guide we have here so they might be able to come up with a good class 5 to challenge those big bad alliances.

1 Like

Please go to the top of the thread and read. This is about discussing pros and cons of CV Class Limits. I stated the reasons why I started the thread.

Youā€™re wrong. I can.
I remember clearly when i was a newbie. I didnā€™t know size class was a thing. The reason i didnā€™t go to PvP back then, was because i was scared of dying.

I agree with Dark, noobs are afraid of dying.
Thatā€™s the real issue and thatā€™s been helped massively by community efforts.

Yes, I know new players. I know a lot of the reasons why newer players avoid engaging in PvP with the larger alliances. Class Size 5 CVs are one of them.

I donā€™t pretend I know all of the reasons of course, and thatā€™s why we are discussing it.

Now that said Zack, can you please discuss the benefits of why you want to keep Class 5 CVs?

Alright let me ask the same question a little differently.
Why should we keep SVā€™s. Letā€™s just get rid of them?

Can we please speak with them, since they seem to have the issue?

Hereā€™s the problem, unless we get all of the new players to come in and offer their views, itā€™s all your word vs my word.

So letā€™s focus back on the benefits/drawbacks.

Other than you enjoy flying a Class 5 CV for the sake of flying one. Why do you prefer Class 5 CV fights? I stated why I prefer Class 1s.

This conversation is to discuss the drawbacks/benefits of different class sizes. Can you provide me with insight as to why you want to fly Class 5 CVs?

If you want to go poll the newer players go ahead.