CV Class Limit Discussion

Citation please? Have you been in a class 5 fight more then 5-10 times this patch? Have you established a baseline?
My opinion is that they are more killable then ever, and I have already lost several.

1 Like

I can’t give you a citaton unless I give you video proof.

They are more killable than ever, but I’ve yet to see one die yet. Can you provide citations to the ones you’ve lost?

Yeah, because the larger factions and alliances have the resources to absorb the damage and only because they’ve played here longer. Still, losing 3 in a row hurts.

1 Like

I could easily pump out a Class 5 CV per day as a seasoned VET. I agree it’d be expensive, but I could do it without even dipping into my OCD.

You think a class 5 is expensive? I had 4 spawned in on day one. I could have more if I wanted to but I prefer to not lag my base out with an unnessary amount of ships.

1 Like

Kittiez if you don’t have anything nice or useful to say, don’t say anything. This is about having a discussion so I know what other players like/prefer and think. Coming in and insulting people doesn’t do anything helpful.

Sure! Happy to:

Here’s two that where entirely obliterated.
Do you want to see a video? That’ll take longer. Same thing, me getting obliterated in under 12 minutes by 3 CVs under heavy lag.

I can also speak of the new TWS Valiant (My named ship) Which has been on the repair pad with major battle damage 5 times in the last 3 days alone.

Better yet, why don’t you come out and test it yourself. See how quickly a CV dies to overwhelming firepower. I can even record the engagement for you.

Also you said class 5’s rarely go down. If they don’t go down, fight is over, end of story.

So you didn’t lose them? You were able to get them home.

Agreed. Sometimes the tactical victory isn’t the one in which someone dies.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for providing me with insight into what you prefer.

If my enemy retreats i count that as victory / the enemy is off the battlefield.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for letting me know your preferences.

They where recovered, yes. A complete writeoff, however. They where about 2 blocks away from actual death. Since you asked for citation, I provided the closest actual proof I had. Still proves my point, class 5s are killable.

I can list off a bunch i’ve lost but it’s all meaningless without footage. And that’s inconvenient for me, thanks to a datacap.

4 Likes

Some people use their CV’s for more than just fighting I spent 3 seasons just living in one which was a class six. I didnt PVP in it but it was a nice change for a base. I would like to see a global limit of class 5 (yes i could shrink that baby down) for CV and class 1 for HV and SV on all planets. If you want to build smaller CV’s the option is there, but its nice to have room.

you could also limit CV size to player so that each player can only have one class 7, 2 class 5 and as many as your allowed class 1 CV, but really at the end of the day let players have some freedom here to create fight and play in what they want.

1 Like

I like the idea of one class 5 per alliance in HW. Could be interesting, sort of like the hunt for the Yamato. A close second is Class 1 system-wide. Fights are too damned long, and rarely end in anything but a bug out. With a class 1 you do have to be carefull and will be required roam in packs for mutual support… if you suck as a pilot like myself. But dying on occasion sounds better than repairing CVs over and over and over and over…

1 Like

Bragging rights bore me personally… I prefer pyrrhic victories, that end in the other’s death. That being said, I have on many occasion bugged out… be cool if that wasn’t as much as an option.

1 Like

This post is so bizarre. Those of us who have actually been doing CV fighting have been having a blast in the class 5s. Nobody I’m aware of is asking to go back to class 1.

2 Likes

What do you find fun about the Class 5 CVs? Give me some more information.

How fun it is. You should try it with us!

1 Like