Docking a SV onto an enemy CV so he can't move

Turrets shooting turrets makes sense… it’s called targeting.

Seizing a CV’s movement entirely, completely unintended and nonsensical.

I’ll head over to Eleon forums for clarity and get back to if/when I can land a dev response on the issue.

In attempt to circumvent buggy docking, I could see that. At least that’s the only sense I can imagine of why they would add it intentionally. And it would make sense in a PvE environment to not let you accidently leave a ship behind.

Move that same ‘feature’ into a PvP environment where players know they can just root you with a sled, and it becomes advantageous of an unintended byproduct of feature addition… ie; exploiting.

1 Like

Was reading the docking status on an SV really so taxing before that they had to implement such an obvious exploit to multiplayer servers to counter it?

It can’t be an exploit. They’re not that stupid. It has to be intentional.

1 Like

Again, not sure why they would implement something other than to test run it for that purpose… and I don’t believe for a second if they’d have known the issue would be that severe from a PvP aspect they’d have let it fly.

Or maybe they did, and it is working as intended… that you can now cripple CVs with an SV core… as much sense as that makes. insert heavy sarcasm

Either way, in PvP it is greatly advantageous to focus on a specific new mechanic that doesn’t hinder, but completely removes enemy movement capabilities. In any other world, that is exploiting. You’re, quite literally, exploiting a flaw, whether in design, code, mechanic, feature, what have you, to give yourself a massive advantage over the opposition.

Hopefully we got the word of Admin/Devs to squash the debate… period.

2 Likes

I guess that’s the root of the argument. You believe that they put it in there without realizing the ramifications of their actions and I believe they put it in there specifically because of what it causes.

2 Likes

Sure. And I hope that till then we can avoid flinging accusations around based on the involved faction and faction members…

But I suspect that is too much to hope for.

1 Like

A tractor beam would do the exact same thing, we don’t have tractor beams but we do have SVs… I’ll rename my SVs tractor beam if that’ll make people feel better.

1 Like

Except my ban was removed within days when I was found to be innocent. Buuuuut who cares what you think of my character. I don’t.

Do you? I hope not. It’s just a game after all, but I"m thrilled to see so many passionate readers over a game mechanic.

2 Likes

10/10 would read again

Once you’re accused of something you’re guilty forever, duh.

OR DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT?!

2 Likes

So… another faction member of mine today told me this was done again to one of our ships, poked a SV ships nose into the hangar and then proceeding to take the ship. Glad to see it wasnt a one off event, <— sarcasim there, and hope we can get a dev/admin ruling on this.

As i wasnt there and havent directly spoken to the faction member in question myself yet, I will hold off on any more accusations. I just want to be clear on this topic so we can know what to expect moving forward. Obviously this needs to be sorted out though, as the game play dynamics are affected, especially so for the PVP side of things. Lets see what they say…

1 Like

Someone in the above thread mentioned that Eleon did this intentionally, and it is not a bug or glitch. Did they think about the PvP consequences? Not really sure on that one.

This guy gets it.

No matter how you dice and splice it, it is an exploit. And one the Devs certainly DID NOT intend for this purpose in PVP multiplayer. Someone coming in with a little 9 block sv gets close to your ship and all of a sudden you’re auto-magically completely disabled? It is ridiculous and laughable that anyone would even suggest that is an intended mechanic in the game.

It’s only suppose to do the “flying not possible while docked” or whatever when it’s a factions ship, not enemies. It’s a very shitty tactic/exploit. A 100 block SV can stop a 25k block CV on a dime. It’s beyond stupid. People talk realistically when it’s in their favor. Yes I like that it’s giving SV’s more of a purpose but collision is more than enough, you don’t need this cheap ass bug to steal ships. It causes them to be unable to move at all, how is that right a 100 Block SV can fly up to a 25k cv and stop it from going anywhere? It’s not, it’s a exploit. Ram them, get in front of them and stop them from flying but don’t park on them and use a BUG to take their ship. It just makes you terrible. @RexXxuS should make it illegal for HWS and when people experience it they will agree. use the collision they added, stop being bad.

1 Like

HEY REXXUS HOW ABOUT A DECISION MATE ???
Your server, Your Rules

Turrets targeting turrets is also beyond stupid but that didn’t stop them from implementing it so I’m not sure what your point is.

1 Like

i think you forgot your capslock on by mistake. plz have some respect mate :]

1 Like

Well it’s been bug posted at Eleon, and to my great surprise again… sarcasm, everybody over there calls it an exploit, too… go figure.

Maybe ship boarding is something they’re working towards, or something they were flirting with that they couldn’t get figured out for 6.0, who knows…

Fact is, it is clearly, by very definition, an exploit, and waiting for an admin to read a thread and say “duh” isn’t grounds to continue doing it. if anything, it’s ground to STOP doing it until a ruling is made. any exploiting done between it’s first discovery and it’s fix and/or final ruling should be grounds for banning.

to everybody else though, just do what i do, and always be recording. i don’t turn shadowplay off anymore after the most recent issue that required an admin, and video is the best means to providing evidence. when issues arise, such as this.

2 Likes

No. You made a thread in general which is a cesspit of ignorance and carebears who have never been in multiplayer let alone PvP.

Their opinion matters to me less than the residue I leave on Charmin ultra soft after taco night.

1 Like

@Mordgier how is giving the turret something other than the core to target stupid? Very confused on your comment about the turret targeting. Pretty sure everyone talked about wanting something other than a core to target. It’s a good idea and it’s proven effective. “Let’s have a fight to see who’s core has more protection” … It made ship building more important/having to armor your guns, move them away from the body etc.

I’d be happy to discuss it in a separate thread - by copy and pasting everything I pasted about it.

In short: Because vast majority of even number fights will end in total stalemates and it promotes cheese tactics like sentry turrets, t1 gens and junk engines in pods to deflect turret fire. It’s cheesy as shit and dumb as fuck and I hate everything about it.

3 Likes