Docking a SV onto an enemy CV so he can't move

About targeting options no matter what we say here it wont change,
if you have core as an option then layers matter more than design, if core is removed then you can hide it abit and have less layers in certain spots and more in others, if you have turrets as an option then the dps drops so low that pvp becomes a pain, the only options i can think of that makes sense is closest part of ship, anything that makes heat, so closest device, thrusters so you have option of cutting your targets legs off before finishing them, warp core would be a nice option aswell.

Turret Targeting beyond stupid???
This statement is beyond idiotic.

Technology has existed since Vietnam to target missile batteries.
HARM - Homing Anti Radiation Missile. Google It.

Currently US(Phalanx) UK(Goal Keeper) deploy the same weapon system.
It effectively destroys incoming artillery shells, missiles, rockets, DBIEDS, ect.
Israel has been using this technology for over a decade to strip ships entering their
area of control of weapons and minimize civilian casualties.

Technology to target individual weapon systems on Hostile vessels has been deployed for
years by Navies around the world.

1 Like

You’re right. Because turrets were added as an option because hardcore pvers wanted that to be able to clear POIs without smashing them. The addition of turrets as a target had nothing to do with PvP.

I don’t see how this is any different. They made another PVE focused change.

2 Likes

Dude. This is a game. What’s wrong with you? We have space ships with 600m range guns. Stop trying to make sense out of it.

2 Likes

[quote=“Mordgier, post:38, topic:6018”]
No. You made a thread in general which is a cesspit of ignorance and carebears who have never been in multiplayer let alone PvP.[/quote]

It seems the post was removed, which I’ll address after the fact, but I’m reposting with screenshots this time to timestamp in case there’s another issue.

Good to see you in the bug thread too though making an effort.

Honestly it’s not much different in terms of cheese levels than preventing ships from movement with SVs. Not saying I agree or disagree with things it’s just the nature of a game where anything competitive comes into play. It gets reduced to whichever tactic is most effective but still within the confines of the rules.

I do take exception to it disabling ship movement completely, at least you can try and break free when you have two CVs awkwardly trying to mate like it’s a zipper fight to the death.

1 Like

I mean - CV fights right now seem to revolve around slamming into each other to immobilize a CV and then have your friends come up it’s ass and penetrate it.

SVs just give you the ability to catch a CV that is trying to run away but cannot warp. It doesn’t actually change anything else beyond this.

The only reason there so much salt over this tactic is that a big fat CV got lost by the owner being careless and blaming the SV for their loss. So of course it must be an exploit and not their total negligence.

1 Like

So long as it doesn’t disable movement completely I see no issue. As long as you can free yourself from the SV. The version I’ve been told if is getting an error message about a ship being docked thereby preventing you from being able to move at all.

Yes. For that to happen the SV has to basically be inside the CV. Which isn’t really as trivial to do as one may suggest. In the particular case that happened here the CV was not moving, the SV blew open the hangar and flew in.

I see nothing wrong with the CV in that case being stuck given the limitations of the game with moving around inside a moving ship. The ship is effectively boarded and the crew should have to deal with the boarding party.

In terms of using SVs in active PvP - it’s obviously much harder and the SV pilot is at massive risk. If your CV can’t kill an SV before it slams into you - you need to go back to the drawing board and sort out your turret placement.

1 Like

Well if this really requires my decision then I can post it.

At the beginning I didn’t think about it much and created a ticket for the devs to “fix” that.
“Only check private/faction ships for that mechanic - exclude enemy ships from that “not docked > not move” behavior”".
But at night I thought about it and what it means. Technically and gameplay-wise.
We have collision now. How should the code differ between enemy ship or not. And what then? Let this ship magically fly through your ship? Nope, that “feature” is history.
What else… don’t allow enemy ships into your ship at all and take away a “boarding” or “scout” feeling? Nope.

So I realized that first of all this needs two major things to work in the first place:

1. the ship is unmanned / do not move > it will die anyways
  2. if 1. is not bad enough your ship is not good protected regarding Hangar doors for example

Another thing I thought of were two movies: Star Wars and Matrix.

In Star Wars a little X-Wing destroyed the whole Star Destroyer (yeah, with some intels). But that is one of the most epic scene in the whole Saga and everyone talked about it. If it was absurd or cool, no one cares.

In Matrix (and general a feature I talked with Eleon already) is EMP. You can disable a whole fleet with it. Not only realistic but can be also called “unfair”.

TL;DR:
I call it for now feature since it enhance the gameplay for both; the attacker (pilot skills) and defender (building + positioning skills)

3 Likes

I like the idea Rexx, BUT not on PVE areas pls. You cannot move and you cannot destroy the little ship…

1 Like

@RexXxuS you are misunderstanding. You need to see it for yourself. It’s doesn’t matter if they are unmanned or not, it does it either way. You can be flying 91 in CV and a SV get behind you and make you come to a stop… It says “cannot fly while docked ship etc” that SV is not actually docked to my ship because he CANT dock to my ship unless his ship is factioned. It’s a BUG and you need to see it in game.

3 Likes

It’s not “pilot skills” either, anyone can do it. A noob can accidentally fly into your ship when you ram him and he has 0 way of getting out and you have 0 way of moving. You have to literally go multitool a hole in your ship until his ship falls out.

1 Like

A guy named Kush from RAT got stuck in my armor on accident when we were fighting and he had no way of moving, I had no way of moving. It’s a bug not a feature. My 22k block CV came to a stop and couldn’t move at all because his ship was glitched into my armor. A little 1k block SV caused this. It wasn’t him doing it on purpose, We just ran into each other head on and he got stuck up inside my armor.

1 Like

What we really need is @RexXxuS to see it for himself. Anyone with a right mind would call this a exploit.

2 Likes

Can I respond or should I wait for you to finish posting?

2 Likes

The Star Wars I saw that little X-wing did a KAMIKAZE run into an essential part of the
Star Destroyer. The X-wing was destroyed. The pilot deck of the Star Destroyer was destroyed.
The star destroyer didn’t come to a complete stop but smashed into the Death Star.

What is currently happening. Smaller faster SVs are being used to Freeze much larger CVs. This
leaves them open for easy coring buy other CVs.

As of now Rex has given the green light to this type of PvP. As a result Op4 will now add this to our
battle tactics. Good Luck Everyone !!!

((((( Op4 considers this a bug exploit. However Server Forums discussions are pointless due to the spam.
Therefore best way to get it changed is go out smash everyone using this bug. Then kindly tell
our victims to go express their view on the forums. )))))

1 Like

I legit look forward to this.

I guess we’re all a little mad here.

Which is it? Did he accidentally fly into you or did you ram him? It takes 2 to tango and if you let an SV ram you - too bad.

After all ramming has been a tactic throughout the history of warfare.

You make it sound like magic. “So here I was flying and BAM there’s an SV up my ass and I can’t move! What foul sorcery!”

The SV has to catch up to you - while under fire. If your CV is unable to defend itself from an SV then you have failed at making a capable CV. It’s not like the SV can just casually fly up to you and root you in place.

Yes it’s easier to do in a large group engagement - but at the same time whichever faction is choosing to field SVs is reducing the number of CVs they are able to field by 1. This is not trivial as SVs are easier to kill than CVs so which ever faction is choosing to bring SVs to a CV fight is also taking a risk.

1 Like

Quadruple posts are a good use of time.

You obviously haven’t seen this in game. SVs are faster than CVs. It has nothing to do with skill, any noob can grab a the shittiest SV and get close enough to someone CV and all of a sudden BAM you’re stuck not able to move. You really think that is a good feature for this server? Get ready for a shit storm of your own making.

2 Likes