Economy, would OCD wipe help? Interests? New OCD idea

True, but not having to do that over and over again is the beauty of OCD. The mining you do at the beginning has its place and you SHOULD have to EARN a full OCD through work, but some super-nerf of the OCD would just make it so you have to mine more often. Few people, if any, play this game to mine. Any way you can cut down on the time you spend mining basic resources (gold notwithstanding) is a boon to the player base, IMO. I think the OCD is perfect as it is now. The fact that some people have full OCD 7’s and they are currently aimless (since the server pop is down before 7.0) shouldn’t negatively affect the multitudes of people that don’t and want to work to get there.

1 Like

Players leave the server after 4 or 5 weeks because they got aimless. I think hard work would hold them longer.

It depends on the purpose of playing on this server. My purpose of playing on this server is playing pvp and testing my new projects in battle. OCD HELPS in this! I don’t want to gather resources and start over again every fkin time when game needs an update or when new season comes because I waste my time that way. I don’t see starting over again as “hard work” - this server is so easy that its not a real challenge so why do you think that it would hold them longer? Nonsense. In my case OCD feature holds me to play on this server and I know other people that think about this server the same way.

Yea, because you are new to this game and you still need testing. High level OCD is useless with PvE areas atm.

I don’t find it useless. I see one very important reason to use OCD - full wipes. It doesn’t matter if there are pve areas or not. Game keep changing and with that also projects are changing and they require testing. If you already have complete projects and you don’t need testing then just enjoy PVP. Removing OCD will be a big mistake because this feature makes this server unique from every other. I can only agree that number of slots and amount per slot could be changed so that old players will not start with 956875468 gold and other resources in OCD

I would like to nerf OCD not removing OCD.

We are talking about the same thing. PvE planets changes a lot in OCD usage. In full PvP galaxy you have to save your resources into OCD asap. In hybrid galaxy with PvE planets OCD works as a booster after full wipe and later you get and store your resources on PvE playfields.

OCD’s purpose is to make players feel their hard work is not in vain, atm OCD lets you store 100 slots of 50k each and if you use it wisely you can store lets say 150k iron ore over 3 slots, so yes atm its pretty strong, but remember end game pvp class 4 is about 180-200k iron, so lets go for extreme here and say someone decided to use 50 slots for 50k iron ore, and the other slots where for the other materials + ammo and fuel o2 food so on.

50k x 50 = 2.5mil iron ore which is 5mil iron ingots / 200k = 25 fully fitted end game pvp ships, It’s not bad those 25 ships could last you 2 weeks of pure pvp. Or people could use components and store 200mil worth of iron instead by building advanced contructors and filling ocd slots and get 200 fully fitted end game pvp ships sure but remember you still have to farm all those resources first, so basically the only thing OCD is doing is allowing you a bigger gap between farming, pvp and farming again it doesn’t really reduce farming time which is perfect in my opinion, a nerf will only force people to only put in components instead of ore and a buff will only make people feel they need to farm more before PvPing, it seems in a good spot to me.

1 Like

Bottom line I would leave the server and game if I did not have my OCD or it was wiped.

1 Like

Yea, but this way no risks in PvP. Sounds like a moba game. :frowning:

I would like to see your blueprints. :slight_smile: My PvP ship needs 130K iron and it’s class 7 since the new class calculation. I haven’t built a new one yet.

Agree to that! I really love this server. It is the best and it will stay the best. But if there was an OCD wipe now, I would most likely quit the whole game for very long time. I would simply lose my motivation. I guess many players would feel like this.

OCD wipe is the worst suggestion I ever read here - sorry!

If there was an optional wipe as Rexxxus explained in his post, that would be fine for me.

3 Likes

Risk is you loose time you spent farming, and have to spend more time farming again, maybe if your good you can sustain your pvp from pvp loot and not have to farm ever again ^_^.

Also if you want risk build a base on pvp :stuck_out_tongue: super fun trying to defend it but its super risky.

Ps I’m basing the 200k off of max class 4 before the more recent changes havn’t tested it my self either.

Well i love and hate the OCD.
On other servers i had to keep tons of freight containers… frankly spoken bases consisting of freight containers only… hehe.

On the other hand OCD 6+7 give an advantage to all the trump moguls on HWS.

I repeat my point : There is NO way for a normal player to get 70 million or 700 million.

Yes, i am active in PVP
Yes, golden globe is my home
Yes, i trade in ECC successful and take my daily interest

I disagree. With all those ‘cheat’ possible server settings (csw stuff) which I decribed in other ticket… a normal player can easly get 70kk. 700kk seems imposible. I had few days on hws6 when I simply got 5kk+ in few hours. There is also one thing worth mentioning… ppl with lots of credits buy a lot of things before full wipe and they store those things in their ocd. So its easy to get easy money before full wipe just by trading.

I play solo… but with tribe even 700kk could be possible. One season is 3 months long? Thats ~90 days. So by gathering gold just 1kk everyday you will easly get 70kk even without trading.