Economy, would OCD wipe help? Interests? New OCD idea

OCD, bank, bla bla bla. WIPE ALL! Clear all! Make full PVP! If you make a CV 3 class, make SV - 1 class HV 2 class - MAXIMUM. Now when SV came on the scene again i see a monsters size like a CV. I want to rip your hands to push yourself there where you would not have guessed. Do normal ships use your head. And don’t throw a bunch of shit in a square box and I think that you engineers.

And make Elemental marketplace is restricted for parking. All planets a clean but here:

What are you afraid? Most have full OCD and you fear to loose some ships or stuff? pfff.

1 Like

Heh I would actualy agree on the class 1 sv hv class 2’s and up are so clunky.

Concordia II has had Op4/NFA Alliance bases that defend themselves since we removed the RAT infestation.
Prior to this season the alliance always had Bases capable of defending themselves for hours. There is a post
in these forums were I lay out exactly how we do it. Feel free go test your skills there. Many have yet they remain.

People with a lot in their OCD dont want it wiped. People who have little see it as a class difference and want it wiped. At least once so they are on even terms with the old players. Ofc then they wont want it wiped b/c now they are stockpiling in their OCD also. Ofc there are the occasional VANILLA only players who think nobody should have OCD so they want everybody to get the OCD wipe every time the server wipes so they are on even terms. Why do they play on a server with things like OCD when they dont want it or want anyone to have it? B/c of the very large server population compared to other servers. So they want the large population but don’t want people to have or keep the benefits like OCD that is the reason for the large server population in the first place. Haters going to hate. Can’t help that.

But none of this answers the question of whether or not it would help the economy. The facts are that in 4.0 a great many had very well stocked OCD and yet the economy was BOOMING. There were dozens of market orders up all the time for both buy and sell, hundreds of those orders being filled every day. What killed the market was 5.0 when it was restricted to a single system or location. Empyrion tried to do an Eve Online style market place which works great in an MMO with 50k players on all the time but just can’t work in a game with maybe 100 or so players even on a single server. Most of them don’t understand the new market even if they did understand the old one and most of them don’t bother using the market after they check it the first couple times and see absolutely nothing posted for sale or wanted.

HWS has made this a little better due to its extra feature market options but even then I highly doubt that even 30% of the player base has ever used these let alone regularly used them simply because they don’t understand where they have to go or what they have to do to use them. I can’t even imagine how pointless the new vanilla market is on servers that only have 20-30 players. Ive checked on the “official server” and there is absolutely nothing on the market on the trader homeworld or the trade station system except some item I put up for sale which so far no one has bought anything.

The point is that the market flopped when the market transaction were limited from being available to everyone everywhere to single site or single system trading. Credits became completely useless on every server except HWS who has other uses for them. The fact that some or even many player have stocked OCDs has nothing to do with it.

If we really want to revitalize the global economy the ONLY thing we can do is rage on the forums to the developers and demand the old market back. It worked. This new one doesn’t

5 Likes

No wonder it rained today, Fullsize and I agree wholely.

1 Like

The OCD is one reason I play on HWS. The extreme attentiveness of the admins is the other. The OCD is one thing that makes playing an Alpha game with regular wipes worthwhile. Also, I donated for level 5 OCD, so I am not a fan of the idea at all.
For that matter, I don’t like the focus on PVP-only play. I am not against PVP, but feel that it undermines the game’s potential to have so many players who feel the pinnacle of potential is to fight. If I want a hardcore PvP space game, I would go play Elite, where I am not spending hours of time to craft a base for someone to waste while I am offline. With that said, PvE is too easy once you have even a small SV. I like what I am seeing with the evolving rules of engagement (i.e. guilty status - make them visible and vulnerable, even on PvE).
I like RexXxus’ notion of prestige levels, but I would rather have control (i.e. spend items in my OCD at first logon after a wipe). Also, it has to be something more than a feather in a cap.
To foster competition (I haven’t taken the months to read everything, so I guess I am parroting) - maybe make resources on “uncivilized” planets perpetually PvP and allow base camping on the resources. Make the resources more abundant. Reduce resources on civilized worlds (have all resources, but greatly reduce AM efficiency). It would simulate actual conditions and definitely give a meaningful cause for PvP interaction and cooperation.
As for the economy - I buy rare items, but yes, it has yet to take off. I don’t care for some of the nerfing - I can build a turret, but not an autominer core? I can build a ship, but not medium/heavy armor? I play the trader class but have to agree that this needs further evolution. Granting base access to new players would seem one way. Credits, or a cut of materials, for minutes of access to a base where they can build or farm with your equipment? Otherwise, the level 1 - 3 OCD is limiting enough. People who invest in higher levels should get it.

Eh… I was gonna type a novel but it’s been done more than once.

Personally, I’m pro-wipe. EB/OCD skews the entirety of the gameplay to legacy players. Gives player driven economy no chance without a bias, removes risk-reward from hostile planet/asteroid farming, can be seen as ‘unfair’ in new to server/game playerbase.

Now since I’ve had plenty of flame post commentary when I make this statement, and the amount of “I’ll quit” replies that show up when it’s even mentioned, let’s just skip all that this time… we know you’ll quit, we know you don’t wanna farm again, etc. etc. etc.

Honestly, imo, OCD should go just away, and instead, script up some “BP Saver” that let’s you respawn ‘x’ destroyed ship/structure for ‘x’ credits or time waited… that way the ‘farming grind’ isn’t an issue with PvP ganking since you’ll get your ship/base back, and no one is starting day one of a season with a fleet and base that rivals somebody playing for 6 months on end.

I feel like the whole point of season-to-season gameplay is to see what you can do in that given time, not just pick up where you left off the previous day before the wipe.

Ultimately, I feel it’s gonna need an overhaul one way or another.

1 Like

I completely and utterly disagree with you. The whole idea of economy or personal wealth revolves around the acquisition of it. It’s the driving force pushing people to trade. If there are limits like the bank cap or OCD cap or even OCD wipe acquisition of wealth becomes a non point. There is no point thereby slowing the economy.

The problem with the economy is the fact that demand is not there to drive the existing supply. That is due to the extreme wealth of base resources on pve world’s.

Tell me your thoughts.

Edited for spelling and grammar.

1 Like

If they is EVER a OCD wipe then don’t expect me back. END OFF

Don’t get me wrong I know this feature is not in the game and its something that the HWS god has given us. But its also the reason I still play this game. Without the OCD I would have given up on this game a long time ago. So HWS use it to its full potential not strangle it.

I’ve been saying this for a while. Unfortunately it needs to be addressed by eleron. There is no scarcity. There needs to be a rare, desirable something that people are willing to fight and die for and that just doesn’t currently exist

1 Like

I agree with the demand part of your argument, but not the cause. Even if you had a more scarce amount of basic ores, you would find that so long as everyone could build everything, the economy would still be slow. It will not be until the Admin are able to limit what each origin can build, that you will see a more real economy be created.

Guardian’s being unable to build the mining, or farming equipment.
Traders being unable to build weapons.
Pirates unable to build most anything other than weapons.
Hunters, only able to build the lower half of each tech tree.
Freelancers being similarly limited to the Hunter’s, but perhaps only limited to building 1/3 of the trees.

That rare something, would have to be vital to generate a need to accept the risk. It would be much easeir to limit what each faction can build, and force them to trade using gold as the standard currency or trade in private object for object.

I dig what you saying but I hate restrictions of any kind. I cant imagine situation when i want to build something from higher part of tree, unable to do that, in some critical situation.

Its good idea but i would reather see this in form of bonus, origins able to build something unique, while all able to build all “basic” stuff. But its as usually more like request for Eleon.

Would be nice if admins can duplicate some device and raise stats a bit, so lets say Hunters would be able to build thrusters with 5% better stats. And sell them. But thats just dreams :slight_smile:

Now you have made traders of all the hunters who would sell their modified, supped up thrusters. It would be a good addition to the market, kind of like some games I have played in which a base part was modified in some way and sold to the market (I cannot remember what game).

OCD feature is the best feature that any server could have. This game is alpha state. OCD gives the possibility to not lost everything after releasing big changes in empyrion. Also if I want to go on vacations for 2 months then I can simply put everything to ocd… otherwise I would lose it. I joined this server few weeks ago and I quicly realized that if server will be wiped soon then there is no need to prepare blueprint because they will be wiped anyway. Instead of that I focused on getting ocd and resources to have equally good start in the next season. I dont care if someone have ocd 7 with milions of resources, cores and so on. I dont need it and it doesnt change anything. Its easy to get resources, rare weapons, cores. Its all that you need to play this game and enjoy pvp. Also if you cant trade things fast with good profit then you are a bad trader and you should consider changing your faction.

3 Likes

A tip don’t read any posts from @Lokiet you will just want to slit your writs.

Please stop trying to derail the forums with personal attacks, especially by making light of suicide.

I haven’t read every comment yet, but I would nerf OCD too. Because you don’t need high amount of stored items in OCD when you can live on PvE playfield. Actual OCD is fine to play in a full PvP galaxy.

I would also set deposites to “poor” size on PvE planets, from 100 to 300 resources for harder longer gameplay. But for this change needs indestructible planets, which way some players can’t build underground base.

Players leave the server after 4 or 5 weeks because they got aimless. I think hard work would hold them longer.
I haven’t playing much atm, because I stored everything what I will need after full wipe and waiting the new start.

1 Like

From Empyrion Galactic Survival to Empyrion Mining Simulator…

Its not that bad, you mine at begining, I use OAMs when i need boost of some resource and its enough, also now with C1 stuff, it cost nothing. If some AMs is put down together thats more than you can spend.
And cores ppl are complaining about, one meteorite of gold 2 cores, 6 days of OAM lvl 10 runing x3 on all servers.