Empty parking spots in the garage

Wow , i don’t even know how to build a hws garage ship ( with hv sv or base parts ) or how to submit it , i would love to know and learn do . I do know how to put a ship , that came from my resources on the server , on sale . So logic that i get 100% on such a sale . For a to HWS submitted ship it costs no personal resources . The reward that it gives for now is fine , one might consider to make it a choice , get 1 ship , get some RP or get the cash worth that one ship .
A good ship builder is a content creator and that should be rewarded .
A good trader is a gamer , a very wealthy gamer , as he is good at it :wink:

Just my humble thoughts .

1 Like

this has info on requirements & limitations

here is a decent guide to get started

just give a shout if you have questions.

2 Likes

the point is I am a builder, not a trader. there are lots of incentives to drive people in the market but little drive for the garage. please don’t think this was a ploy to make money. i don’t consider “work” on garage ships in a negative light. i very much enjoy building. most dont know but i have built and submitted 9 garage ships with 3 actually making it to the garage. several hours of building and working with @Ju on making them garage worthy is what most do not know about. this is time that i have sacrificed missing out on actual HWS game time, thus missing out on in-game credit earning opportunities. it is easy to dismiss someone’s request when you do not understand the process they go through. as i have said many times and it keeps getting ignored. the entire reason for this post was not to put up my one idea to be constantly bashed. i did not make a poll because this is not a vote at all. this is a post to come up with ideas that will help builders want to make more garage ships. i still stand by my suggestion of a kickback and would like to hear other suggestions rather than hearing how bad mine is over and over.

by my count in this post there are more in favor of a reward than opposed but that is not the topic. the topic is for coming up with ideas to motivate builders to make garage ships. my suggestion is a kickback, my suggestion for a kickback is 10% credits. people don’t agree, i understand this. not wanting to debate which idea is better here. this post is for a collection of ideas that can be put in a pool to vote on. was never meant to be an inflamed debate on which aspect of the game should pay out more. we need to look at all the possibilities we have in front of us. this is a great game and wonderful community. let keeps the ideas flowing.

1 Like

I missed this one in the banter. Great suggestion taco!

1 Like

I started a new topic in light of some of the concerns expressed here. Please feel free
to give your thoughts.

1 Like

thanks Caedus. this one is hard to sift through the noise.

Bumping this to get more input

Alright i read most of this topic now.
There’s 1 important thing you missed.
Reward for selling ship = Buyer getting HWS Connect notice.

This means if a faction bought many of some ship, the creator would know an attack is coming. That’s not a good idea, and a unfair advantage.

1 Like

again, this topic is for ideas on how to fill the empty slots in the garage. not a debate on what is fair and unfair, not a pool for political drama, or a battlefield for the builders vs marketeers. I am only trying to see what incentive would get new names in the garage and fill those spots. I would be happy to debate the other topics (other than the pointless political drama) on another post. I don’t see your name in the garage Dark. what would help u to want to fill those spots?

1 Like

I’m not trying to start a discussion, or continue the one above. I’m just stating that getting direct reward for building ship can cause trouble.

First of all, i’m not playing anymore, but i’m pretty sure there already is a reward. I think you get your ship for free(once) if you get a accepted ship. Maybe some don’t know that. Maybe i’m wrong, but if i am then that should be the reward.

1 Like

You are correct, for a successful garage submission the player will receive a copy of the craft as a thank you. If the player desires a finical gain then they could easily sell the item below market value and still receive millions of credits for their time.

The other point here is many players enjoy building and submitting for fun and that’s how it should be not for out and out finical gain or as a tool to get the upper hand and dominate your opponent.

then why are you disagreeing with things that do not matter to you? if you don’t play here anymore, it shouldn’t matter how things are run. im not saying don’t come back, actually the opposite. come back to HWS and see what changes are there for yourself.

yes i 100% agree but the empty spots are telling me this is not the case. there are a lot of things that “should be” but never pan out. if it’s not the reward keeping the spots empty, than what is? that is the entire point of making this topic.

When the garage sales/ show room was first implemented (I think it was back in 5.0) the area had both the sv, hv and cv’s within this area. When the cv’s where moved to space it left the area looking a litel empty and on this I agree but whether this is due to a lack of submissions or JU being busy working on other areas idk but I am sure if any are submitted that meet the high standards they will be looked at for implementation.

I’m not playing “Empyrion” anymore. I still really enjoy all HWS that isn’t empyrion. For example i’m constantly reading the discord, and the forum.

And this might not affect me no, but i still have lots of experience, and clearly nobody had thought of what i wrote.

1 Like

if you do not participate, it’s hard to judge how things should be. lots of things have changed drastically with each update. come back to the verse and see how it all plays out. yes you have insight from past experiences but the universe is constantly evolving. hop in and test out the garage ships for yourself. rex put an awesome garage event that let’s us fly them all at no cost.

I’m not following anymore.

What does this have to do with anything.
All i said was:

This i know for a fact, and it will probably be like this for a very long time since it’s a good system.
I still check HWS Connect sometimes. Like i said. I’m not playing, but i still enjoy the HWS part.

This i know as well. I read what PvP’ers write, PvE’ers, and all announcements.

I don’t want a discussion or anything(regarding this at least). But this has nothing to do with anything though O.o

not necessarily. there is no way to predict an attack based solely on how many ships are purchased from the garage. also no way of knowing who will be attacked. i really feel sorry for the creator of a fighter that watches the sales board in anticipation of an imminent attack. just because several ships are purchased, does not mean an attack will be happening right then and there. the idea of PVP zones is that an attack is ALWAYS imminent. the whole reason for the sales board is to see which ship is the most popular. ships that sit and don’t sell at all should be removed from the garage making space for new ideas. we can’t just dismiss an idea due to the potential abuse by trolls. if the Wright brothers worried about the bad uses of flight, we would have never left the ground. we can’t ignore the good ideas because the bad usages of that idea. we can only evolve the idea to keep up with the times. either way this can be discussed on another topic. as I have repeatedly said, this topic is to get ideas on boosting the desire to build garage ships. the ideas collected here can be put in another post and voted on.

was in response to:

You are rewarded with one ship when published. People who sent the garage blueprints was not for having a stable income but to have his work published in the biggest empyrion server and all people can see their creation and maybe fall in love with it. I recently sent a garage sv but didnt read the new rules (i was missing 2 seasons) and it wasnt accepted and now i will try to make a new submission when i have spare time because i want my creation to be there. I created The Prism in Phoenix and everytime i see it and people try to beat it make me feel good. (and i assure you that creating that monster didnt take 30 hrs). Greedy Boyz

1 Like