Entire Faction Being Taxed over 10m

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened: Entire faction in serious debt.
Player(s) with issue: Taisen , Jacobie , acemike87 , underaneonhalo , Ocel-fa
Server: NA
Time (cb:time): last few days
Playfield: ECC
Structure Name(s): Write here
Structure ID(s): Write here
How can we help you now: My entire faction has taken the debt for all of our ships that were there, so each of us owe all the taxes for all the ships. So I owe for all the ship, then each other member also owes. I owe 1,990,840 , Jacobie owes 971,800 , Ocel-fa owes 5,811,893 , and underaneonhalo owes 2,053,466 . I cant tell if acemike87 owes anything because he hasn’t been on but I think he’s okay bc his days played is low. This seems like a major error. How in the world do we owe a total of 10,827,999 for being in a zone for such a short time? How in the world are we supposed to recover from that before all of our stuff is taken away? That’s basically going to cause us all to quit the game again. There’s no way for us to recover from that. The debt is not high, it’s extreme! That is waaaay too harsh. What’s going to happen to us? Is this tax mechanic worth 5 people’s game experience being completely ruined? And why aren’t we each just being charged for our own ships? Why do 4-5 different people have to pay for each ship 4-5 times? I mean Jacobie wasn’t even there and he’s being charged tax for everyones ship that was there? Makes no sense.

Your ships were faction owned. If they had been private only you would be charged. If they’re faction owned, they’re faction payed…

1 Like

You most likely got taxed for being there during the afternoon (9PM) restart, all taxes go out then, regardless of how long you stayed in ECC space. I’ve seen quite a few of your people on during these hours.

1 Like

I don’t think you guys understand. It’s duplicating all of the charges per ship for every member. On each of my members registers it’s listing all of the ships. So if I pay off the taxes on my tank for example, it should be paid off, but no. It’s charging the fee to everyone. So each of my members had a debt for 1 tank. So the tanks tax is being duplicated and multiplied by the number of members I have. So I have to pay off every ship 5 times.

Edit: if the totals are correct and being divided, I would like to give some friendly advice. Please keep in mind I support HWS and love what you guys do. A) the amount is way too high if that’s the case. 1 or 2 mil is high, averaging roughly 4 mil a day is way too much. That’s going to handicap a new faction for an entire season over 2 days at ECC tax time. B) the grace period should be based on times visited ECC not hours played. The warning should also say “use cb:time to check your time” as a reminder. C) my members that have never been to ECC are upset that they have debt. That’s not a good model. Charge it all to the faction leader and let them sort it out. Also, it’s less math.

There are almost 100 topics about that in the forum so I don’t want to repeat myself and instead ask one very precise and only question:

Did you read this topic here and understood it?

Cause you and your friends are new to HWS I refunded it as an exception.

But whatever all of the circumstances: if you don’t read what and why there are taxes, then please don’t be surprised.
You parked a whole ship gang in ECC and it doesn’t matter where you are coming from (timezone).
Especially because you parked twice there. At two days and still not have read the Tax Guide.

cb:time

is the command which tells you the server time and only that time matters for everyone. In this case 9AM server time. (can check it also in HWS Connect).

1 Like

Thank you RexXxuS. I appreciate that. I’ve told everyone not to mess up again. No disrespect. Please consider some of the changes I suggested to help reduce the amount of times this issue comes up for new HWS players. Adding (cb:time) to the pop-up warning as a reminder will hopefully eliminate any excuses and also eliminate the need to have to continually address this issue. I learned a lot of the commands and still didn’t realize I could type cb:time. You guys have been here a long time but us new people take a while to tackle the learning curve. I love what you’re doing. Keep it up! I’ll continue to make donations to help your cause. Thank you, sir.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.