Family Share Accounts on HWS!? [POLL]

Turn off = ban
Keep = no ban

it’s not that hard to figure that out.

But if Turn off = change in rules and keep = no change in rules it might appeal to a lot more people to vote for '‘turn off’.

I recommend you read the whole topic before you think in your black and white manner again.
Hayawen and Jascha Said already there is a plan B and I said already that this is a community topic. Not a top down admin is doing bad things again topic.

If the community do not like family share accounts then it’s in the first part interesting to see that there is an underlying issue going on.
For example to identify true families playing on HWS or simple personal gain.

2 Likes

I dont see how asking a question and offering solutions such as this,

Is to be consider ‘black and white thinking’. It looks more like to me as contributing ideas to the community.

And if this is the part your having an issue with, the only reason that the issue of alts have been brought up in the first place is because the current rules are not enough and are not being enforced. I would like to see more people like state offer up suggestions while this poll is active regardless of the outcome in the hopes of the community coming up with an acceptable solution for all.

1 Like

Are you aware of how rude and condescending you are?
Like I’m honestly not sure if you’re trying to be that way or if this is just how you are.

Wasn’t addressing suggestions with that. Just general frustration and complain that WE (admins) change stuff again.

Sure, great suggestions and as I said we are reading them all.

I call it language barrier because my intention is never to be rude nor do I EVER have to. I only know that some want me to see being rude and call me that.
In any unforeseeable way, I’m sorry if this is how you see me.

1 Like

I’m tired to read everything :grinning:. Big topic like I guess for noting. 3 years server lived whit this , whit out big issues, but like I understand couple guys complain to rexxxus and this topic be created. My opinion is, some rules CAN’T change players. I’m know this server for players and rexxxus listening players and trying make server by they wishes. But democracy its not really democracy if you get my point :wink:. And some rules can’t be changed. Like example in all world working or all most working copyrights , but in hws you can buy pirate copy of bp legally . :laughing: yahoos. I’m not gonna vote for this

@Kittiez i guess what RexXxus tried to say is:

Dont be so easily offended and wait what the poll brings. :wink:

6 Likes

That is the funniest thing i have seen in a poll ever, and to think there is a country full of people who sound like that! I must visit one day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And That is why I shout at my kids in German when they misbehave :joy:

4 Likes

So what’s the issue at hand? I play n I also have a brother who gets access but doesn’t play atm. How is it bothering ppl? How do the ppl bothered know it’s a family sharing thing? What’s the exploits? Hoarding? If so how do the ppl suggesting change know of such? Wouldn’t admin be the only one to see into these accounts to notice abuse? If not I would like to know why this was started out of the blue. Ppl find ways around anything so y hit one small group for the benefit of who? I’ve been here sometime now n never have I ran into a player that would suggest his family share account ruined my game play… just don’t get the issue?

1 Like

I would like to see family share accounts stay but each additional account should come at a cost this would also help HWS generate revenue win for everone

Welcome to the hws pve server. Everythin goes into that direction. Proxies, cheese holes, rp usage, shields, class limits, phoenix, weapon limits… with every nerf or buff (like shields an super blocks) pve users gain the most, while the pvp users pays the price. I fell somethimes that i should just foff from the server and let the pve players play. I am not using family share but i like the idea of it. My kids could play some day and i would use family share for that. But now because someone has a problem with that, we will not be able to use that steam option. Why dont u just write to steam and tell them they made a mistake allowing family share in the first place.
And hell i will say it, it s your job to find these exploiters, u have all the tools needed for that and this topic should not be in question at all.

1 Like

Could always bind the original account the purchased Empy to a single account on HWS connect and family share accounts would all be linked to the one account. And if they purchase another copy they can get access to their own HWS connect account, thereby not denying them the use of connect features.
For instance account 1 logs in and does fa:supply, and logs out, jumps on account 2, tries fa:supply and is denied because account 1 already claimed. Same with daily loot, both use same OCD, bank, etc.

1 Like

If you actually took the chance to get to know me you’d find that I’m actually pretty difficult to offend.

It’s true, I tried and failed miserably, now I enjoy the conversations. : )

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I didn’t even know you were trying to offend me. That’s how hard it is to offend me. lmfao xD

1 Like

Funny. All this chat about banning alt accounts. The poll is for Family Share Accounts is it not? I didn’t see alternative accounts mentioned in that poll. Also, where in there rules does it say having an alt is bannable offense? It doesn’t. Actually, it says the opposite. 5.1 WE ALLOW up to 1-3 accounts (family share or ALTERNATIVE ACCOUNTS) on HWS.

While this affects me literally zero percent, I feel like trying to enforce this change is going to be incredibly tiring for the entire staff.

Alienating even a small percentage of your player base in favor of trying to comply with your vocal minority is going to reflect badly on your player count. I’d wager the number of people who use the family share feature with “malicious” intent is far exceeded by those who use family share for legitimate reasons.

The first step I would even begin to suggest is try to enforce the rules you already have in place (3 family share accounts with no perceived personal gain) and if that task seems like it will be feasibly manageable THEN consider maybe trying to enforce something more drastic than that.