Filler tool for defense stand

I have never seen the filler tool be used outside of covering up an entrance to a base.

1 Like

Get rid of the filler 100%. I’ve only seen it used for exploiting and griefing.

1 Like

The last time I saw the filler tool use was when I played during 6.x and it was to cover up underground bases. Aside from that I’ve only seen it used for exploitation and dragon teeth. Please remove it imo.

I see what these guys are saying, and I totally agree it should never be taken so far as to coat a bunker with dirt. Is there any way to get Eleon in the future to have a config option per playfield for how high off the ground level you can use the fill tool? I use the tool fairly extensively, but I am struggling to think of many legit reasons to fill it more than head height above the ground, other than filling in a natural trough, or making a walkway on a lake. It is just too easy I think to accidentally drill the wrong patch of dirt, and with no filler option at all it will perpetually be a little sinkhole in the middle of your base. Or perhaps even just a playfield base config to allow the filler option. Disable on PVP, enable on PVE?

Not really unfortunately.
Only idea was to limit it to max. 3m height.

In your scenario: wouldn’t the flatten tool help you out as well?

1 Like

Either way with the new changes a few of the alliance members are leaving for the season because as it stands we all understand the changes being done are ridiculous.(Reason doesn’t have to do with the dirt)

I will be taking my bases down from GG so that I can find a new way eventually to rebuild them and make them “Creative” as I always do. Once the “balance” gets implemented. I tend to find creative ways which surprise Rexx, like that one time I filled EGS Star with CVs and no one could enter safely.

That land claim device doesn’t even work from the get go, reason why I placed it at ground level.

What terrain everything is as I had shown you, only difference was the spikes I had added to the top of the center and four lines of dirt that I was going to fill in as a top hat for the base but never implemented which currently doesn’t cover squat.

Lol its funny how it doesn’t even show how it works which wasn’t even tested and recorded…

1. Device isn’t even on from the get go.
  2. Once you fill it with dirt it shuts down.

Properly test stuff before you record and say its exploitation. What players are leaving? Only ones that visit GG rarely are ACP, ABN, TAW. If your talking about the PVErs that’s because of limits on PVE planets. Which the current changes being done to limits is to cater to the new wave of PVErs.

In other words, out with the old players and in with the new players. Is the direction Rexx is heading into and we all know it.

You have done the testing for us. I’m sorry that you feel you can’t play fair. We just want to PvP with you guys on fair playing field.

@RexXxuS I personally don’t like to remove anything in-game. Ad wrather see the fair play rule enforced.

1 Like

That is interesting to hear for me.
Are you also willing to share what specific changes forces you to leave?

I mean I said in the limit topic already, that some players will probably leave, because they can’t handle changes or want to play “big and lot” but only if I know all interests of players, I can also delegate it properly to Eleon so they can improve MP servers also in Your interest.
Maybe you can answer that, also PM if you want @Ryan

Ah, ok, this is going around in your Discord Servers then, I see.
Sad though, because this is 100% wrong and not my intention at all. Sure we got a lot of new players, hence the PvE problem turned out to be a big one. But not many of them are that active in PvP as you are.
Hence my limit changes wants the opposite: improving the game for the older, not the newer member.
That is also why I was seeking for feedback from you about the changes but I understand that leaving is easier than improving / discussing etc.

What exactly does this mean? “get go”? A bug?

Means that, when I first tried placing the land claim around dirt in the design in the central structure of the sky; it wasn’t functioning as I wanted to from the beginning of the build. That point in time is when I learned how the land claim actually works…

I don’t see much use for the filler tool except for manipulating SI and creating extra armor, both uses are not exactly fair play.

2 Likes

Filler tool is fine but we just need a “Don’t use it to cover BA turrets etc.” rule to get set in stone.

Why the facepalm lol no rules existed in the first place, hence why Rexx left LCD signs on bases notifying us about the rule implementation being done about the whole dirt issue.

Although I can’t speak for all alliance members I can assure all of our PVP friends Op4 will not use the filler tool to aid in the defence of a base.

1 Like

After long thought and waiting until Eleon takes care of this properly, I don’t want to remove a game feature, which can be used for the overall legit gameplay.
I’m sure it’s not used that much and mostly for bad things but we will rather go the rules road - again.

So the two added new rules, even though blood sticks to them, are effective latest on Friday - Monday.

I’m sincerely sorry if time was used to build something without these two rules.
Nothing in life is more worse than “wasted” time.
It is not in my interest to waste it or fill our rules endlessly “because I can”, but since I didn’t know better before and bad sideeffects were shown over time, we must take this for now as it is.

My goal is to reduce rules, I see if Eleon can help us with that - for better gameplay.

7 Likes

"You are not allowed to use the filler tool for any way of building structures" Guessing this means we cant make bases in the sky? Since filler tool is needed to build a foundation for a base. And yes “wasted time” if it means as I mentioned, that’s three days wasted of my time building the base in the sky.

Well guess that’s a positive improvement for the enemy alliance. No more sky bases.

Sky is a relative term.
If you can build structures with 128 + 128 blocks wide, you can put them up instead of in the ground. You just have to make sure Structural Integrity works.
With Alpha 8 the planet height got increased from 900 to 1100. However, since Turrets are still a joke it is maybe for the better sake to stay at the ground.
If “Sky Bases” would become more popular now you can imagine we would get a new level of “Got shot while entering planets by invisible turrets” posts.

Unfortunately for all of us that it turned out like that.

Roger, will be taking down my bases to prep for the new changes. Go ahead and lock this thread.

Thanks

1 Like