Fusion reactor exploded immediately upon placement

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I was working on building a ship. The power was off, the shield was off, the weapons/turrets were off, placed a fusion reactor, and boom. No warning, just an immediate explosion that took out my regen shield, LX-2 railgun, and several blocks. There wasn’t even a fuel tank attached to the frame.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Morndenkainen

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 06:50ish.

On which Playfield?
=>

Structure Name(s)?
=> Epsilon 13721 VI

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 11825243

How can we help you now?
=> It would be great if you could replace the LX-2, the fusion reactor, and the regenerative shield generator. That stuff is a pain in the ass to replace, and I don’t enjoy the thought of having to do it due to random bugs where things explode when you place them.

that’s not a bug. if you’re over on cpu, generators are overworked and eventually explode. the more points over CPU you are, the faster things poof :frowning:

Hi, @morndenkainen.

Bob is correct. Bugs can make things disappear randomly, but explosions are always game features.

A good way to do things, is to never place anything too close to generators, since chainreactions can quickly become expensive.

Unfortunately I don’t think we can help you out in this case, since this was technically the intended outcome by the game developers.

if this is true, then the generator couldn’t have been overworked, it wouldn’t be working at all…

Right. So there’s a good chance the base was accidentally still turned on.

No. There were no fuel tanks placed yet. Generators and reactors are not supposed to work without fuel regardless of CPU status. It was a capital vessel under construction. Everything was off. This is most certainly NOT working as intended. I hadn’t gotten to the wings yet where I was going to place the tanks and was still working on the core.

I can’t give you a better answer sadly other than things usually don’t explode randomly.

But another note: we’re usually willing to grant one exception in a case where we have no logs, per player. This I already did for you earlier today, with your other ticket.

I have no logs over why things explode, or even that they explode. The only way I can do anything here is if you would have a video of the explosion?
Otherwise, we sadly can’t help.

Yeah, I know thing’s don’t usually explode randomly, that’s why I submitted a ticket. If it helps, I can delete this ticket and add it to the other ticket. There was no rational explanation for why the reactor exploded. Normal people do not record their gameplay 24-7, and you know it. That’s a ridiculous ask.

2 issues, both separate, that’s why there’s separate tickets. I get that you’re worried that replacing parts starts a trend and is disruptive to the economy when people start lying about what they’ve lost, but you’re not going to break the game’s economy over replacing 300K credits or so worth of npc bought items (a reactor core and radiation shielding) for a player that’s quite obviously got the resources already and just doesn’t want to spend another hour or so running around shopping to replace one item over something dumb that no one can explain.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, apparently I need to go waste even more of my time and resources compensating for the bugs in this game.

I get it, things going wrong unexpectedly in-game is frustrating. I already made an exception for you in your other ticket, based on blind faith. We try to be fair to all players, and therefore we have a “one no-logs exception per player” to prevent abuse of our trust.

It’s not feasible for everyone to record their gameplay 24/7, which is why I made an exception already. However, the guidelines about getting help are pretty clear and applies to everyone to keep things fair.
There is always the option of keeping a recording program open in the background, and when you do something important, start recording for a few minutes. In Empyrion, it’s unfortunately a necessity sometimes.

The economy and the value of the items lost aren’t the issue here; it’s about keeping a consistent approach for all players.

Your tone and response to this isn’t helping. We’re here to help people have fun, but it’s not always we can help. Empyrion is a very buggy game, and it’s sadly something we all need to live with. We help out players with a LOT of game issues (and did for you also).

My tone? Nah man, you’re the one who started things off by being condescending. You’re getting exactly the “tone” you deserve by the attitude you’re dishing out. Record a video before every “important” event? What’s important? Nah, that’s a trash response and you know it. That’s exactly the kind of response that’s making me call you out on your condescending crap.

Other ticket? You’re still on about that? So what, If i condense both issues in to one ticket you’re magically going to take care of it because it’s now ONE ticket? Fine, I’ll go edit it. You admit that Empyrion’s a “Very buggy game” on one hand, and yet you’re telling me that whatever the heck happened to my reactor didn’t happen and it’s not a bug. That’s not even a consistent response.

But, since you’re still on about the “one ticket” thing, I’ll go edit my other ticket. Just for you…

There, the other ticket has been updated. I suppose we can clear this one out and you can focus on completely resolving the other one now that it’s all in one ticket.

I don’t intend to be rude. English is a second-language for me, and in general tone can be difficult to express in text*.

But I have no doubt about your tone though. If you can’t speak nicely after I helped you and spent a lot of time trying to explain this to you, there’s no help to come for here.

I already told you I can’t help with this issue, many times. Editing another ticket isn’t going to make a difference. Have a nice day.

2 Likes