šŸ† Giant Great HWS Garage Ship Contest šŸš€

Im creating thing just for gg so it would be nice to have a gg to test on.

There are only 2 planets available I just saw.

I have set the -13 Gravity on the Arid Planet now, so you can test it there.

Does it have hard layer?

Define ā€œhard layerā€ plz

One that you cant mine thru

My Sandwich Layer invention is not active there and not possible right now.

2 Likes

Immediately am asking forgiveness for read more. When will we be able to see at least one ship from the exhibition in the garage HWS. Time goes by, conditions change! Willing to pay for 20ŠŗŠŗ Omnipotus with the shipping ! That to do, rules of the game make)))

1 Like

This is great thread.

Hi @Chaser, this is a contest, you have to wait for the winners. Only the winners will make it to the HWS Garage.

3 Likes

I have a suggestion for compensation when a garage ship is purchased. Perhaps 10% royalties in credits/RP goes to the designer :wink:

1 Like

That isnā€™t a good idea.

First of all 10% is a lot. Letā€™s say 15mil ship, them 1.5mil, and some ships gets purchased many times a season.

Also if thereā€™s a good ship in the garage and owned by my enemy then itā€™d give my enemy an unfair advantage.

With 1.5mil you can purchase tons of ammo, so if i buy a ship i give my enemies free ammo.
Also if i purchase a garage ship before a fight, my enemies would be told instantly in HWS Connect. Same with miners.

Actually I disagree with (most of) this.
Some people might avoid posting the best designs / garage ship ideas simply because their enemies will also get their hands on them. This way if enemy wants to use your blueprint, they are essentially paying you for it.

Same, if you wish to use your enemys submission, youā€™re forced to give them advantage too when getting it. I would not call this ā€œunfair advantageā€ at all. The system would simply reward author (& faction) of the best designs instead of just the people with most money.

As it currently is, posting a great garage ship designed for PvP is bad idea to almost everyone attempting to take control from the current faction in power, as they would likely afford to buy more of those & actually benefit more from your submission than your own faction.

Obviously itā€™s matter of opinion.
I do agree however, that 10% is probably too high as some ships are purchased by literally everyone who can afford them :wink:

1 Like

I dont think 10% royalties is a good idea tbh. I feel like the rewards offered for the contest are good.

1.5mil doesnā€™t buy a lot of ammo btw :-p Iā€™m just suggesting a kickback of some sorts for all the work that has been put into building. For those who have not attempted it, garage building is no easy task. I figure if it is a popular ship, the designer should be rewarded. I guess thatā€™s just the capitalist in me :wink:

1 Like

I actually had the same percentage figure in my mind for the last week. Just like you said, the amount of effort that goes into them can be very high. It would be exciting to see how often my own ship is actually purchased. Plus as someone else had mentioned, I have pulled my best PvP ideas from the contest. The risk to reward ratio is too low, especially given that I would essentially be creating my own demise.

If I didnā€™t enjoy creating the ships, I wouldnā€™t have bothered with the contest. It was really just a notification for me to put in some work. The top rewards are what appears to be a wash for time, as in, a player could earn about the same, if not more, by simply mining GG or selling to the market rather than winning the contest.

Also, if we are all really being honest here, the same 25 people are voting and hardly anyone else. On top of that, we are voting based on partisan lines. So, unless a whole lot more people know to vote and go do it, the contest results will be skewed. That is probably the strongest reason for me. The real test of a ship being popular is going to be in how many times it is purchased.

3 Likes

totally agree dok. i have a feeling some are forbidden from voting on others designs to ā€œkeep them from winningā€ i honestly could care less about winning a contest. i would rather see a full garage with lots of shiny new toys to blow up. popularity of the ship is way more important that the popularity of the designer. Jeff Bezos is a complete and total knob but he made a great productā€¦sort of :wink:

HWS is trying to lower the credit-income and inflation, but this would give a few people new ways to earn money, so i am against this. You get a really good reward for this contest and also your own ship if it appears in the HWS Garage. To participate in the contest is to show your skill in ship-building, but also a community-service. If i would offer an idea to HWS, it would be a honor for me to have a part in the Server, something a lot of people want.

Well, maybe, but only maybe some people just dont like the designs that are in the contest?!
For myself i didnt see any ship where is would say ā€œYeah, thats something i would totally buyā€.

1 Like

Yes some kind of ticker on the price sign that shows how many times it was purchased would be awesome!

Iā€™d be stoked to get 1%. It wouldnā€™t break the economy to get 200k on a 20m ship, would still be a nice bonus, and would let you know how popular your build is. However, personally, Iā€™d be happy just having a ship up in the garage, rewards or no.

2 Likes

I truly donā€™t feel as though the kickbacks are needed. You put out the good designs for the garage based on the fact you want to help out the community and show off your building skills in the process. Iā€™ve seen a good bit of ships that I like, but a relatively large portion are bland. Those ships are the same ones with 2-5 votes, because they just donā€™t look good imo and it seems like others agree.

In summary, if you arenā€™t happy with the rewards already stated and agreed upon, just donā€™t submit the ships. :wink:

2 Likes