🏆 Giant Great HWS Garage Ship Contest 🚀

But that is exactly my point Chaotic. I receive more benefit from not submitting certain ships, than I would if I were to win, especially if they don’t place well. The miners I have no qualms about, it is going to be awesome seeing them fly around. However, PvP ships that come from my strongest design knowledge are a net determent to me and my faction, as my enemies will use my own creation against me. The royalty helps alleviate that imbalance, it also gives me real feedback about my designs. If my faction mates push my designs into the garage just because they like me, doesn’t indicate anything about the reality of my design.

We could do something like skip the cash and do just RP. I mean they are “Reputation Points” right? So wouldn’t I be very well known for my good ships and therefore deserve more RP? IDK it is just a thought. But until there is some sort of on-going reward per purchase, I will indeed leave ships un-submitted.

And you wonder together with @Bob why so many people dont vote? If you tell here, that you could do better (and i really think so, you could do better). Its like saying “Hey here is a Skoda for the competition, but i prefer my Bugatti”

for the record i hold nothing back on my builds. i do not intentionally add vulnerabilities to take advantage of. redesign is recommended after purchase so others do not know where important bits are located. all my builds are designed for quick refits in this regards. im not a greedy person by any means and have no concerns of winning the contest. i officially withdraw myself from the standings and just hope to see my creations flying around HWS. i am not concerned with a kickback either as i truly enjoy building toys others can smack up and let me know what needs to be changed. all i ask is that i get some kind of notification of ship purchases (don’t care who purchased) so i am aware of which ones are more popular. the kickback suggestion was mainly for others who have not thought to ask. building comes easy for me but not for most. a lot of work is involved to make a ship garage worthy.

Its something other to have at the end of a Season a Top10 of sold ships, i think thats a thing the HWS Team could realise. :smiley:

1 Like

Nice idea budd… something thats possible @Jascha?

1 Like

A statistic of how many ships got sold is already available internally.

A rework of the HWS Garage page in HWS Connect is planned. We might add a column there to show how much a ship got sold and more.

6 Likes

awesome idea rex. cant wait to see what u come up with…

looking at the votes so far and noticing a trend that mostly faction memebers of the creator are voting so they win the prizes. i say we postpone the contest till the ships are used in HWS. i have a very strong feeling some ships are not being voted for so that “an enemy doesn’t win.” we have plenty of room between planet and space to host the 30+ ships already submitted. i say put em up for sale and have everyone try them out before voting. i have no concern with winning a popularity contest. i just want to see new shiny ships around the universe :slight_smile:

A funny thing WhizZle, I don’t see a ship with your name on it. Like Bob said, everything I put out is very good. My miners are at the edge of my ability, with some extra design flair that I wouldn’t normally even bother with. My PvP ships are the Draco and hopefully the Flatline. The Draco is more of a functional ascetic piece, rather than 100% PvP ship, but it could also be used easily by POI hunters. If the Flatline comes out it would be a more traditional PvP vessel, but there is a cost to the weapons loadout. Because only so many guns will register to fire, you can’t have all the things you want. Also, the constraint of having exposed thrusters also limits optionality. I suggest that before you rag on our ship designs, go build your own.

Now to be perfectly frank, there are ships that I just plainly don’t want to fight against. I won’t design those. They will make the game less fun for me. I don’t really care if that sounds selfish, it is my choice whether I submit them or not. But, as it stands, everything that I send to the contest has a purpose and is built towards that purpose with all of my ability. Any one of my ships is constructed out of large carbon blocks and CV components on an SV wherever possible. Meaning, I opted for more HP whenever I could.

Again, if you don’t like what’s out there, go build it yourself, that’s the point of a contest.

1 Like

On this, can we try a server message first instead of postponement? It would seem to be a first step and see where we land on votes. There are 70+ players on at peak NA times, we can certainly find more votes. In the end, I had always thought that bringing them to the server live would help the voting as well, but it also poses a problem of players owning something they can’t ever buy again. IDK, I just don’t want to wait any longer to get ships.

1 Like

I personally won’t be voting. I find it very hard to vote on a ship that I can’t try.

It’s just like the workshop, you won’t ever truly know if you like a ship until you spawn it in and try it out.

2 Likes

@RexXxuS is there a means to anonymously vote instead of likes for the nay sayers claiming bias?

I tell ya, children these days…

1 Like

i am all for that. hidden ballots ftw! but still i know how the propaganda can flow. i was once under the thumb of the dictator and know the fury of when u do things that are not “allowed.” either way i don’t want any prizes for my ships…just want them used.

Alright if Bob wins you can give me the reward xD

1 Like

done…if i do win, i will split the winnings with the other contestants.

You made a typo right there. You probably meant this:

hmm could have sworn that’s what i typed :-p

I nominate Caedus to be the official garage ship painter. he makes ships that are very ecstatically pleasing…

ds9-whatyouleavebehind-combs-640x478

While I don’t disagree with sharing the original blueprints, isn’t it a bad idea for them to be posted on the forums in a public place? It does say in the rules :

So posting these blueprints like this is making it to where they are available to anyone.

3 Likes

@Chaotic is right.

I have a lot of haters aka “server owners” reading this forum and are thirsty for everything they can steal.
It counts as “public” unfortunately.

3 Likes

Thanks for chiming in RexXxus. Maybe we could have a showcase of the ships before the final decision so that players can at least walk around in the ships in-game?

1 Like