Golden Globe - Suggestions - Concerns - Opinions

brain explodes

Brain implodes…_

:grinning: :neutral_face: :frowning_face: :grimacing: :crazy_face: :dizzy_face: :skull:

1 Like

My two pennies… lag stinks. Trench warfare is good but laggy. Even on Arma where we had fewer bases I lagged for over 12 straight seconds (server packet loss or something) in front of the three TAW towers.

This is an alpha game that may not see PVP play improvements… ever. Even after ‘release’ since the population of PVP players is below 20% of the base, we are not important enough :frowning:

Are there players in the rebel alliance who just PVE and don’t help? Yup. Are there some bad apples who rub most of us the wrong way and give us a bad name? Yup. Do I wish I had someone to shoot more often? You bet yeah. Is trimming the fat going to do that? Nope, just more cheap raider like behavior of shoot three times hope for a kill and run away. I patrolled for 3 hours yesterday and barely got any contacts, so yeah how about that M&B?

1 Like

ACP broke off all Alliance at the start of 7.5 because of those problems. We where hoping to change the meta. It failed…

The only thing I see fixing all this is base limits apply to alliances. As it is the rebels are allowed way too many bases and when one goes OLP it’s very difficult to do anything. I heard 8.0 might fix this?

1 Like

If I understand it correctly, OLP activation in 8.0 is planned to look at all factions in an alliance.

Everyone in each allied faction will have to log off for OLP to activate for any of the factions so allied.

This, combined with no longer able to spawn bases on pvp hotspot planets (making attack bases obsolete) will introduce completely new meta in 8.

It’s no different than from last season, other than it requires 3 members per faction to have OLP on a base in PvP. Last season was ACP/TAW/HPG/DIV clustering all their bases and it was the same issues regarding lag and OLP. I didn’t hear much complaints then, why is it suddenly a problem?

Nothing we can do anytime soon regarding the lag. Even last night, it was mostly SV-SV fighting on GG, nowhere near the majority of the bases, and people were rubber banding all over. Until Eleon decides “hey our net code is shit, instead of increasing the pixel counts of the space toilets for bettar graffix let’s actually fix it”, it will not get any better.

2 Likes

Yes, and we agreed not to do the same

The question is ‘Do you care?’ Many have already stated that they don’t care if they ruin it for others as long as they can get gold.

Caring at this point is equivalent to “wish in one hand, shit in the other”, with the latter far more likely. I do care about the lag, but as I said it’s not going to get any better until the devs do something about it. Last night was a perfect example, it wasn’t a large skirmish, but enough to show the inherent flaws of PvP within Empy. It doesn’t matter if there is just 1 BA or 10BA, we as a group cannot overcome their shortcomings when it comes to lag-free PvP.

Then I guess it comes down to which hand are you extending to the other players on the server. I prefer to extend the ‘wish’ hand. I do not agree with those who want to extend the other.

2 Likes

:thinking:

:poop::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t wash my hands, but we can still shake on it…

1 Like

Even ‘medium’ 6-9 CV battles cause insane lag in black hole. This is because it doesn’t effect single players and care bears. I don’t believe we will ever have meta of lag free you dream of Griz. Aside from one on one or two on two rare battles.

The first week or two of this season were great on GG, was able to fight with relatively no lag until there would be more than about 6 or so people, then it would get kind of bad but still play-able. But now I can’t even load GG without crashing or getting stuck in loading loops, at least when close to the bases. I think it’s the amount of cores and how they are all clustered together causing a lot of it. I think the only thing we can do is to lower how many cores we have on the playfield, I’m not seeing many other things we could do though. I mean we could just “deal with it” but I was trying to deal with the lag for a bit but it ends up taking all my time waiting for the lag and load time that no matter how much I love the game, I can’t love it if I can’t play it. Anyways I would be stoked for a change if someone can come up with something.

2 Likes

All you complained every single day multiple times a day in fact. And div was only there for like 2 weeks. When there activity feel we told them to move. No one is complaining just starting facts but keep your circle jerk going with all 10 allies.

2 Likes

I am complaining now too…

We have begun to try to improve the situation, recently signed an anti lag constitution. Will see how it works…

Honestly I vote zero bases on hotspots. That would be kinda awesome. Allow cv’s to drop in hv’s and keep it within warping range of sv’s. Keep a timer on the cv thing but keep it short. If no bases matbe no timer for cv’s and disable all guns on planet. Would make cvs a mobile temp base while doing a mining operation. I think that with no bases to hide with it’s more of a fight or die situation.

2 Likes

Having no bases would make it even worse for smaller factions, they would get rolled in a second by larger ones not even standing a chance in escaping.
Making smaller factions stay even further away from hotspots.

We need changes which are good for both small & large factions, not changes which will only help the major factions, but we don’t have to make it even harder for the small guys then it already is.

3 Likes