Golden Globe - Suggestions - Concerns - Opinions

Could work if done right. Might even help people get over the idea of living there. But I also like a base or 2 in moderation. I will adapt to whatever comes along…

Arty summed up my experience perfectly.

Lag reduction is underway. We will see if the changes we make work.

Kuro please explain how it would make it harder for small factions if nobody lives there? Current meta is geared toward small factions as last season geared toward large. We need some big changes to make things equal. I would like to hear your ideas on how to make it fair ratjer than just shoot an idea down without any reason.

1 Like

I think we should wait on 8.0 and the planned changes before we start talking about removing bases altogether. We’re gonna have to build bases in 8.0, no more attack bases in the same way that they instantly spawn in with max guns and all you have to do is load the ammo boxes and power the base. Sniping will still be possible, but base sniping is counter-able even if you’re in a small faction, you just counter snipe or go out in SVs and blow up their sniping base.

Having no bases at all I agree will work against any small factions that want to make a go at staying on the planet for any measure of time, could be more or less extreme depending on CV rules come 8.0. If CVs are too restricted you will need some form of BAs in order to get out of your HV drillers, transfer over your materials to your SV transports and then leave the planet. It all depends on how it’s done, and what expectations a person has.

Without bases a faction like TAW wouldn’t be able to lay claim to GG and honestly that would be upsetting especially when it’s gonna be even bigger planets come 8.0(I know it was the “rebel” alliance that claimed GG this season). Would be nice to see factions trying to establish a rule of law on planets, eventually we might be able to figure out a way to make that do-able in a fun way to where we can have the big bad guys, little guys that don’t mind paying a high tax, and rebels that want to set the world on fire. I don’t want to see bases go away entirely, I do like the step Rex is taking with the removal of instant spawn bases though.

I’ll answer for @karuoxa

Removing bases entirely means combat is then done exclusively with HV/SV. The limiting factor will then be pilots. Is it not obvious that smaller factions field less pilots and are significantly disadvantaged without the support of high-damage auto-turrets?

So… How many bases are on GG right now that are not a part of your big alliance. The answer is zero. Many have tried to put bases down that you say small factions need, but your alliance wipes them all out. So this pretend argument to help small factions is not reality. You want bases on GG because that is how you control it. This other thing about small factions is just a facade.

All those bases and dragons teeth and parked HVs lag players too much and give the defending large alliance a huge advantage, a problem you yourself have complained about. To quote your own leaders ‘It’s our turn to own GG and mine all we want.’

just SV’s and Hv’s if Rex did this i would probably have to touch myself lol.

Grizz we have all been saying the the same thing now for i dont know at least 3-4 seasons
to be honest Rex knows there is a problem with bases on GG, Arma and HW. i have no idea why
he hasnt sorted it yet probably because he cant, wont or just dosnt care.

HWP have said that he has had enough of the NA server for now anyway so it looks like we
are going to have to wait till 8.0 to see what madness is next lol.

as far as anyone taking charge or doing somthing about GG and the lag to be fair you
probably have a better chance of plaiting your own shit!.

Or a weekly wipe of all Ba structures wil help alot, to give all a chance for a week to hold a position.

2 Likes

See how quickly opinions change when things get reversed. Blind Cat is the only one other than iMF willing to take a stand.

1 Like

karuoxa (07:48)
We are gonna fill every square inch now, just to piss you off.
karuoxa (08:30)
Hope you enjoy it Griz, We are putting up more stuff today.
karuoxa (08:30)
Enjoy.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t care however it goes, either way bases or not, once all the fighting starts the slideshow begins. I don’t remember if you were around for the base digging when State and another TAW (think it was rock) were stuck in their underground base on GG, but the lag was still bad enough with no other bases around we were still rubber banding around. As I said until Eleon fixes the root of the problem with its shit netcode nothing much will change. I don’t even have a reason to spawn a PvP CV at the moment just because it’s not worth the hassle.

1 Like

One simple idear would be to limit the base class size to 1 and a base block count to something like 2000

6 Likes

Makes sense, would have to be done across all 3 major PvP spots, size 1 limits across the board for GG, HW and Arma.

1 Like

Fakenews and silly.

The first reason is I have a real life project to take care of.
Second reason is, even if we change the limits, or do whatever radical suggestion we have another rage quitters and complains. (like the last time, even from one of your members).

So, since most of the people are waiting anyways for A8 and I don’t have time for that drama atm there are other playfields to still enjoy too.

Not to mention that a whole new meta will arise in A8 with base building where nobody knows yet if it will be good or not.

3 Likes

i think your right Rex lets hope that 8.0 has a Ace up its sleave because i am board shitless lol

bases building isnt going to solve any issues with bases on PvP playfeilds just so you know
people will still find a way to kick a box of lego over a playfield lol.

im sorry if i rattled ur cage jus, seeing if you were still there i was getting woried :slight_smile:

Blind.

:joy: :rofl:

0.20 SV Class Limit – 500 Block Limit

0.50 HV Class Limit – 800 Block Limit

0.30 CV Class Limit – 400 Block Limit

No Combat Steel, Paper Mache Wars!

1 Like

It is pointless to build a base on GG if you are not member of the main alliance. I mean real base, with valuables inside. By now i place a teaser base now and then, just consisting of armored concrete blocks to make the main alliance angry and cause them to waste some ammo & time.

More fun would be a strong strong strong base that can not be taken in 2 minutes without any efforts by a single SV of the main alliance. Till we get this, i doubt it because all MMO admins refuse to grant strong bases to players, we have to live in PVE (which is a kind of „strong base“) or far out in PVP space (where stealth is the key).

Maybe some of you also played official ARK(i have something like 20k hours rhere), there is PVP everywhere. And bases are weak and can be taken by everybody in 2 minutes, just like on HWS.

Here i have my „PVE“ strong base and my „PVP-you-will-never-find-me“ „strong“ base. Both give safety to the owned stuff, thats why i play HWS.

I WOULD also live on a PVP planet like Golden Globe and seek competition with the hundreds of losers there, but not if a war base lasts 2 minutes versus the main alliance assault.

Here is a hint: solo player chance against a faction or alliance is practically 0.

Unless you are as skilled as AFT or as adept as Ranzeth, your chances are much slimmer.

2 Likes