Good fight on GG, for the most part!

I barely lag compared to previous versions so my perception of lag is colored by the past but this is great compared to how it used to be :smiley:

1 Like

Curious, what’s your hardware config?

Running a 3770k /R9 290x on 840/850 pro SSDs and 16gb ram here

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 5960X @ 3.00GHz 32 °C
Haswell-E/EP 22nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Unknown @ 1101MHz (17-17-17-40)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. RAMPAGE V EXTREME (SOCKET 2011) 25 °C
Graphics
Panasonic-TV (1804x1014@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (PNY) 30 °C
Storage
953GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB (SSD) 29 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD) 22 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS30
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

The RAM is

Manufacturer Corsair
Max Bandwidth DDR4-2132 (1066 MHz)

What’s your memory usage over time usually hover around?

I have seen empy use damn near every bit of memory, highest was 14gb just for empyrion, rest was system processes.

It’s time to upgrade my system though, I’m not sure how the mobo is still holding out (pci-ex sockets lost power years ago, integrated nic hit by lightning last year).

Roughly 30 percent of my cpu time. 37ish percent of my ram in use and 22 percent gpu time just sitting at our gg bases with not much going on (including all my background processes etc)

Might ask you to check after a lot of fighting though, narrow down any possible memory deficiencies. Thinking of Ryzen or threadripper this next go-round.

Not saying you in particular but i find alot of gamers will buy the best gpu they can then skimp on everything else but Ive always thought having the best of everything else then a lesser gpu is superiror

Lol, I don’t like to skimp, I prefer overkill when I build a new system so I don’t have to upgrade it anytime soon. I bought the mobo and proc back in 2012 shortly after it came out, was running 6970’s in xfire, bought a pair of 290x’s and a 290 when they came out for tri-xfire, smoked the 290 (rma and sold), swapped out for a newer power supply (corsair ax1200), eventually pulled the second 290x cause it really wasn’t being used that much.

But some time has passed, and I think it’s time for another ridiculous spending upgrade.

Just need to justify it with the wife… that’s another battle.

2 Likes

Yeah I think multi gpu systems are a scam honestly I had 4 way at one point for testing and then sold 3 of em off on craigslist cause they made absolutely no difference

1 Like

Funny how you say this

Back in 5.0 days, when I was running around in a one-man faction I regularly took on the big guys. I almost never completely wiped them out, but I destroyed countless HVs/SVs and the odd CV. Some of my most enjoyable operations were assaulting Op4 on Iceworld, setting up a base on the right angle and putting massive holes in their hvs.

And then want everyone to band together.

I think alliances are okay, but there needs to be a better limit on base clusters. Maybe if the faction limit on GG included allies as well then things would be more interesting. It looks like Offline Protection is being addressed, but why can’t anyone use a little self control? If you know something is an issue, complain about it, then use it constantly that makes no sense.

They actually worked really well…on games that actually supported it. Fallout 4, New Vegas, Skyrim, BF3, BF4, etc. etc…

But DayZ or Empy? Just sitting there idle. Just was no point. Next upgrade will probably be vega.

Well yea, he finally found his calling in a group. Ranz has been around just doing solo killing for as long as I can remember. Wont forget the capture the base event, and that bastard spawned an HV with a single arty right next to the stands where everybody was spectating the event.

1 Like

I’ve spent 50% of my time solo and 50% of the time in a faction holding a gold planet of some sort.

3.0 - Was part of a small faction
4.0 - Part of a faction holding gold/fighting RAT
5.0 - I was part of various factions, but decided to go solo after I didn’t want to deal with Nautdog’s politics.
6.0 - Part of RAT for a month and then got bored.
7.0 - Part of ACP.

So really, most of my time was spent in a faction of some sort.

Offline is really the only problem, but if you remove offline ‘base’ sniping and attack towers need to be addressed.

1 Like

I would go with the smaller factions and/or limits. Rex should have like a 3 teired donator package to allow say more than 3-5 allied factions around $15 usd, then another to allow more than 10 allied factions or more say $50 usd, then have a larger package to allow unlimited factions around $75 usd.

Ewww

This is the kind of fighting we should strive for Gents.

Regards
Alot of pies have yet to be eaten

3 Likes