Good fight on GG, for the most part!

Also, get rid of invincible bunkers on major playfields.

2 Likes

I disagree, without OP bases just get wiped overnight by NA factions. Same would happen on NA by EU factions. Not worth that drama.

Keep OP, we all just need to be patient and wait for base spawning to be disabled on major pvp playfields so bases have to be build instead.

I’m fine with it either way tbh, we just need to get rid of people who abuse Offline Protected Towers in one man factions/using them to attack.

We tried it without offline protection and all the planets where barren because of constant offline raiding.
Removing offline protection will surely make me jump ship to another server. 7.0 has been pretty great so far. What about a simple rule bases need to be 700 to 1km apart from each other for alliances. Yes i understand this can’t be implemented mid season but maybe for 8 ?

Many of ACP members can erect a base within 15 minutes including myself, i think the idea is great but won’t solve the current OP abuse… On the other hand the new rules Rexxus implemented might.

It will for us on EU at least, most attack bases are instantly spawned, and frankly if a defending force can’t take down a base from its conception in 15 minutes (factoring in the increased arty range) then they almost deserve to be swamped by angry enemy base fire! :stuck_out_tongue:

I would also say that close alliance bases are not the issue, but attack bases. Now that turrets extend so far out of the anti-grief i’d say instead we just all hold are horses on a solution until we get the new no-insta spawning base rule.

Best regards Raven! Nice to hear the NA side of things also :slight_smile:
Wise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is I sarmt?

Can’t do that. It’s all or nothing. To quote Rex:

"What we CAN’T do is:

allow / Disallow OP on certain playfields"

Then keep it, we need to even the playfield for smaller factions.

1 Like

Maybe the Base Defense is too strong, there is no other Way to get them down without spawning own Base Towers. Is it possible, to lower the Weapon Damage from Bases? Or rise the Armour of Sv,Hv?
More Weapons from Cv usable on Planets?

No. Base defence is not too strong. One well designed SV can still strip half a base of its turrets or disable multiple heavily armoured HVS.

Base defence is not the issue here. Using bases as attack bases is the issue. But for the most part I have it on good information that GMC and A.F.T and hopefully RED+L will all soon be reaching an agreement on not using attack bases. This is the best way forward, instead of nerfing bases. (It’s like the ole’ Washington Naval Treaty or the NNPT!) :smile:

Bases are meant to be strong, and don’t buff HVS as they can still tank two or three bases for a good five minutes if it is designed well enough.

Trust me, we know! :slight_smile:
Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

Extension: Not sure if you were around a couple of seasons ago but in case you weren’t the TL:DR is that bases were horrifically underpowered. To the point where a single tanky SV would destroy an entire base either by tanking the fire or simply by drifting in and out of the base turret range.

That’s why offline protection came into being. As a result bases were somewhat protected but still went down almost without a fight. Last season we had eight bases on GG, and still couldn’t stop an eight-man assault. To give you an idea of how weak bases were.

Finally on your point about bases being too strong to attack; that’s simply not true. Any base can be taken out in this config with the right planning and designs and with a degree of organisation, especially when you consider how much the SV DPS was buffed… Simply put, bases shouldn’t be able to be soloed, even with the best players. For the most part this is true. And the factions that we’ve had issues with are big ones. Therefore they don’t need to worry about a lack of man power.

So fingers crossed we get a deal going and soon.

Extension 2: CV weapons on planets is a bad idea, the last thing we need is more auto-tracking turrets lagging the living hell out of a playfield!

2 Likes

Good Day

I hear what your saying but its not completely true. If your flying in blindly you will die even if a base dosnt have all its guns. Its best to check your approach before you engage a base. And take it from Wise we have taken down a few bases in our time solo or with a friend. Bases arent OP unless the have OLP. Also i would not mind if more guns worked in planets from cvs. Think it could look kwl.

Regards
I still like pie

Good day Hunter and all other hunters!

Can somebody finaly explain to me why its impossible to add one simple check for bases in vicinity and if thats closer than 800m or so it will say sorry but your base is too close to enemy base, move away and spawn it whenewer you want but not that close you base will kill enemy base??

And maybe atmosphere can be included in whole calculation so it will be max range of BA + 200m or so? It would be different on every playfield, simply will allow to place BA close but not in weapon range.

OMG Lets put this to bed get rid of it, we didnt need it in 6.0 and we dont need it now!!!.

to solve the problem bring back a Golden Globe Type of Armageddon ! 12hoursPvE 12HoursPvP, 12hours for the Carebears 12hours for all the people who enjoy the 5fps PvP!!!.

Because we all know that really HWS has no idea who has alts or where, and the banning people for family sharing or having a alt technicaly is not against any rules only the interneal HWS’s. There is nothing stoping people from having Alt factions of 4 Alt players!!!.

Please find a more sensible, Logical way to sort this out because the solution at the moment is
aufull, Unprofesional and much more!!.

Best Regards.
I Like Pie to.

1 Like

Ok, i see, taking it down with a Team or spezialised Tanks is eayier, the radar gives me the base to late to avoid. Rockets opened my sv with one salve. But its true, bases shouldnt taken like a side Step.

Never rely on ‘radar’ to give you fair warning.

Fly in third person and use free camera mode frequently to visually scan your surroundings.

Radar is not an early warning system in this game.

You’ll spot things long before ‘radar’.

And, what Wiseman said about bases and olp +1

It’s a great thing to see that, despite some fierce competition, we can still keep a friendly tone when trying to discuss eventual bugs and quirks that come up in PVP.

I have seen accusations from multiple people that whenever lag starts showing up in PVP, it’s the other side’s fault, or they are using specific software to mess up the gameplay for the others. That might be the case sometimes, but i think we can safely assume that the lag is mostly game-related, as lag is not fun for anyone.

During the first wave of assaults on GG, we usually had 3-5 FPS, and vessels jumping back and forth on the playfield, this was not something just I experienced, but most, if not everyone engaged in fighting at the time. Piloting an SV with that bad framerate is not an easy feat when you have to manually aim your weapons, so naturally, almost everyone jumped into HVs, because at least then the turrets would help you actually hit something. I agree with most of the posts here to lower the limit of the ammount of HVs you can have on GG, at least so we can test if that’s what creates the insane ammount of lag we’ve had.

Shout out to our allies GMC, ACM, UST and AAA, and our competitors RED, L, SWP, OPG, UMB and SAW for an awesome fight. Also, a big thank you to vodka bottle-man himself A.F.T for making a config that finally made PVP fun again. You were worthy opponents, you fought relentlessly, and with proper sportsmanship for the most part, something i hope you also hold for us. As for evacuating our resources, i hope you can see our reasoning here, i mean, why leave several millions worth of resources behind? :wink:

We will be back one day, and i hope it will be just as great a fight as this one :slight_smile:

Edit: Also, a big thank you to Rexxus for running the best Empyrion server there is, we know it’s a challenge more often than not. Want to let you know that we’re really grateful for having such a dedicated server owner/Admin team keeping the wheels turning smoothly, and improving on an allready very promising game, despite the inevitable hiccups that are part of an Early-access game.

peace/

9 Likes

Well I have been away for a week now and sad to see that due to Exploiters again the entire community gets punished. Soon an Hour Delay for OP? Wow that is great so wait until I log off and you have an hour to take out all my turrets anyway needed including cheating and there is no one there to see it. This is so sad that the solution to Exploiting/cheaters is to have everyone punished. Why can we not just BAN the Exploiters for doing it maybe not the first exploit but certain by the third or fourth it is clear that they are just cheaters.

Sadly if OP is increased any further I am sure HWS will see a decline in population again. The reason is there are too many people that cheat. PVP is not about waiting until the other PLAYER goes offline to attack them. That is equal to PVE. PVP is suppose to be PLAYER vs PLAYER and anyone attempting to circumvent that with exploits or other means is the one that needs to be punished.

Rex and the rest of the HWS team I respect what you guys are trying to do but you fail to see that you punish everyone for the work of a few. That will do nothing but destroy your community. Those that cheat know no other way and will never stop. Remove them from your community once and for all. HWS would survive even if you banned half the community tomorrow. Allowing cheaters/exploiters is almost the same as turning a blind eye to hackers. So sad that this is the direction HWS is chosen. I will check back in 8.0 but if OP delay goes above 30 minutes that is too much. Sure it keeps people from spawning bases and logging to use the OP for defense but those that do that…just BAN them and be done. Many others will pop up to replace them.

I think an elegant solution to players splintering into smaller or smallest factions is to create negative consequences for such a downgrade in loyalty. If a player leaves/kicked from “mega-faction”, then if you could prevent him/his new faction from creating alliances with any faction “mega-faction” has an alliance with this would encourage fair-play and break the meta-gaming for circumvention. Perhaps its a permanent block or for 30 days or something that creates more loss than gain.

The rules/limits shouldn’t negatively impact the lone wolf who has not yet joined or built up his own faction. If this solution isn’t easy to automate the rule could create negative consequences for both “mega-faction” and “splintering faction” ie. strip both factions of all alliances if found meta-gaming.

1 Like