HWS 4.0 Universe - Sneak Preview

14 posts were split to a new topic: Patch 3.X lags problems

do you know when 4.0 is coming ?

No date at all smudgy.
But from my experience I would bet about mid/end of October maybe

cheers bro

Yet another 4.0 suggestion. Make a special arena for (team) duels. Unlimited resources, instant BP, no one can bring anything in and out. Just fighting skills and ships design. Scheduled fights of specified vessel classes. The winner will get credits/resources, everybody will have fun. We can even have a totalisator! I can code this part myself if you show me your existing code.

1 Like

unlimited resources? dude, if people is gonna pvp they gotta be able to lose alot of stuff aswell, not just have it all and win credits/resources with no sacriface, i could just spam there all day gaining riches without any loss on my part.

Before fight you pay credits. More credits for larger vessel type. Only the winner will get everything.

yes but then we might aswell have no device limit evrywhere, since that playfield will crash the server if you can bring anything in there.

1 Like

Each playfield is a separate process in operating system. It should not affect other playfields. And there MUST be a device limit according to the type of vessel you want to fight. SV? Ok, we have 4 classes < 50, < 200, < 300, > 300 devices. Want you cool 255-device-SV? Pay 20 000. Want 500-turret-CV? Pay 300 000 and sign “i was warned about possible lag and has no any claims”. The script will find your opponent with the same vessel class and then you’ll have a date.

Great Job on the proposed new Universe Rex. Concerning lag - I acquired a separate server as Rex knows with a minimal current default Universe that comes with the game and my ping is only 15 milliseconds. Run a gtx970 machine 16mb 64bit os Intel core I7 so pretty much close to max as far as speed goes and guess what? Still get small short burst of lag throughout game play with just me playing, I use minimal ships and these small burst appear when mining, flying, killing mobs etc. Nothing major but I don’t think I should any. So take this example then multiply by the slower ping to hws server from where I am, extra activity of others on server, bigger universe, more complex playfields and then everyone else’s BA, CV, etc and you get to where the burst of lag turns out to be like 20 to 30 sec at times. HWS server so far has handled this the best to date, Try one or two of the others with as many or more playfields and you really get to see the lag to where it is unplayable. So I agree with Rex, whatever he can do to keep in interesting but also keep it playable. Well done to date!!!

1 Like

does anyone know if since this is a procedurally generated game, that traveling 15,000+ (to infinite) meters outside of orbital sectors would create a heavier work load for the server and tie up extra resources the further you went?

It isn’t yet.

But flying more far out in space can create some unexpected behavior (and annoying warnings)
Teleport at 10 million km in space for example let you meet a new species - RexXxuS Alienous:

2 Likes

lol nice, thats quite the discovery.

After even the new patch for server, there still is not a reason for building a Planet Base. Actually on the opposite, it is gonna encourage to have only a CV. So why leaving behind a basic game feature, such as Planet Base?
It should be implemented something to encourage having a Base in a pvp world: Reputation points, or resources…
Which could be not only a reward for who keep the base functioning, but also for those who manage to destroy it.
Say that if you keep a pvp base alive, you have a discount on the daily cost of the main pvE base?
or anything really to keep the pvp vibrant.

Need one thing to be clear:

We got PvE systems (with planets) for each faction? Am I right? How about resources on them? Again only crystals + prom, or some more?

Bases are not very balanced at all right now. Either ammo drain or underground turrets are a pain in the ass for everyone.
So we will think about a bonus though.

Every four planets will be almost the same. In terms of resources can’t say much yet but of course no rare resources.

im excited. sounds great. Curious will there be any permanent pvp planets. Some of us dont care about pve. Would he nice to know theres always action at one planet(maybe gold fed equivalebnt)

Hey,

good point… but since every planet will be PvP sooner or later and no planet PvE at the same time I thought about every planet to be action focused. The 2 days PvE are just to licking the wounds, ehm, I mean repairing and building up.

Full PvP can be a Custom Player Planet without the PvE circle though.

can’t u just modify the game so we have infinite ammo? draining problem would be solved also we dont need 218762834682642 ammo boxes anymore. does ammo box count as device?

just checked, yes ammobox is a device. so 2 problems would be solved with one simple solution by me™
also infinte energy wouldn’t harm anyone

They can’t modify the game, Period™
And yes what you’re suggesting would break a lot of mechanics, it doesn’t take much brainpower to see that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So I hope you’re trolling