HWS 4.0 Universe - Sneak Preview

I hope your suggestions about infinite ammo/energy here will never happen, survival game is about managing ressources, it will kill all the strategic part of this already broken alpha.

I’d rather like waiting for the devs to balance devices and find solutions, or the OP back instead of your above solutions.

This is a good point, and honestly as a Trader I really wish there were less of us :frowning:

I love this idea, however I feel it’d cause super bad lag to have people instantly spawn 20k+ CVs of lag inducing death on steroids.

Perhaps when party A attacks party B they shouldn’t be allowed to spawn back at their home. Someone should have to come and get their body or pack. Or perhaps have there is a serval hour delay in the spawning. With the delay increasing with each death. If this is a Survival game and you’re allowed to run home to mommy you get killed doesn’t seem to have a place. There is too little value placed on the character’s life. As long as he or she can re-spawn back a home base or where ever a clone devise is placed and that person has multiple ships/weapons/ammo there is no incentive to SURVIVE.

BTW I do like the alternating PVE and PVP.

o…m…g…

if u need to manage your resources in empyrion with autominer, u must be the worst survivor on planet or in this case in the whole galaxy. i didnt have to collect a single ore since lvl 10 AM, getting richer while playing other games…

Wow Owny it seems to me that u’re not smart enough to get what i meant, sorry i can’t help you.

1 Like

I’m trying to let the “Sneak peak” flow through my mind and see what it leaves behind…

…i like it, i like the way it has been “prensented” (Yeah, the DNA shit is really nice! I like shit! …Ehm…), i like the Dynamic fingerprint of the whole project, but that means that “Static play” is not possible anymore.

This version of HWS needs to you bring money home, just like real life, and i can’t take a break from the game without having to do some “work” to survive.

Right now i’m in that phase, i’m taking a break from Empyrion and with HWS 3.0 i can do it…my only concern is to login once at week and power ON/OFF my ships/base so that the game doesn’t clean them for the “Ship not visited” timer.

With HWS 4.0 i can’t do it anymore, i’ve, at least, to JUMP from a system to another, that means i’ve to find the pentaxid to make the jump, or i can live on the FACTION planet, but i need XXX credits to pay the “rent”…so i need to sell stuff…that mean i have to PLAY the game.

That i the biggest CONS of this versione, according to me. The server is full PvP even if with a Round Robin algorithm.

I’ll never survive here.

Rex you should seriously consider to apologize here, you’re making people play the game !!! what are you thinking about ?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this server will be better with only empty bases and nobody online :smiley:

1 Like

are you for real? or just trolling? if you are for real you better check your head to see if evrything is well in there…

“With HWS 4.0 i can’t do it anymore, i’ve, at least, to JUMP from a system to another, that means i’ve to find the pentaxid to make the jump, or i can live on the FACTION planet, but i need XXX credits to pay the “rent”…so i need to sell stuff…that mean i have to PLAY the game.”

why even bother having the game installed?

1 Like

Rex I have a suggestion!
Currently with Gold fed being the only place that spawns any gold, not to mention a lot. It’s keeping other planets from being visited as often, so it’s either pve or go to gold fed for some pvp.

Also gold fed ruins it for traders. We aren’t all santas that like to help the server out, we really just want to be rich. Why mine anything else if you can mine gold?
Then you’ll have traders that only mine gold and buy stuff, but who is left to actually mine the resources? According to the trader faction description traders are supposed to be focused on this.
Personally I and a few others realized this and only mine gold now.

My suggestion is to spread the gold to drop occasionally over multiple planets. This way you fix both mentioned issues.

Wrong, there are 3 other planets with gold. It is just the name “Gold Federation” which attracts people who don’t explore like real adventurer :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, ok… the question would come anyways… Homeworld - Saturn - Desertworld

Oh boy… inb4 SWP hears about this xD

Yeah i was sure that something like that would be incoming…so, lets put it that way:

I play on HWS for 2 months i got my CV, my Faction and everything is fine. In december my brother give me as a present “XCOM 2” and i’m like “WOW! I waited for this game for years!!!”…i take my laptop and install it…i start playing it…i’m enjoing it and all i want to do during my “free time” is to kill some alien bastard, but ehy! Wait a moment, you’ve to play Empyrion!!! You’ve to make the XXX credits needed for the rent!!! Stop playing XCOM, you started Empyrion and you will die playing it!!!

I can go on…but, while i’m sure that Thranir will not give up the fight until the last carebear is alive, i hope that other ppl can understand my point of view.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say this but this is completly stupid. You play a game or you don’t.

Empyrion is not a multiplayer like for example a hack and slash where only your character/inventory data are stored on the server.
When you don’t play it’s ok you are not killing the ressources of the server, and you don’t create lag for others players.

But for empyrion, all your structures will cause lag and take some ressources from the server due to rendering etc…so if you’re not playing the game, never ask an admin for that kind of thing.

For the server to work, the players base should be mostly active, or we will end up like before with planets full of unused structures -> bad performance. So if you want to keep some stuff, 1 connection per week seems a minimum, or if you can’t play the game for any reason, that’s your pb, not Rex’s pb. (you still have the OCD btw)

Sorry Whitesage but your predicament does sound very niche to you, meaning that things wouldn’t change just to sort out your gaming dilemma.

Had a bit of a giggle tbh, would be nice to jump into 3 games at a time and have it all but i’m afraid that is only possible in a special mode called

single player…

good luck with your arrangements though, looks like some real tough choices are going to have to be made :wink:

Oh well, i just said my point of view, i don’t have to justify why i would like to play Empyrion few hours @ week and single player games the other time (or maybe i just want to quit with videogames for a while).

I’m glad to know that you stick to one game at time and that the day that you choose to stop it, you are ok with the fact that you’ll have to lose all you did.
(I play a lot of MP games and none is that way)

At least we reached the same solution:

I’m not that hardcore like you and looks like that i’m the “strange” here.

As i said in another thread, i’m ok with “losing something” if the community wants something else.

What i would like to know is:
If we know that Peacekeepers gets overcrowded, why are all here saying “Man, you’re crazy, we love PvP!!!”? Someone is lying here :smiley:

If you still don’t understand about overall performances for a dynamic server, i’m afraid we can’t help you.

Like Sjdowiee say, you can go play single player or try to find a full PVE server maybe they won’t wipe structures.

1 Like

You got the OCD? what more do you really need? you can store all your stuff there, and only lose your base if the server get’s wiped, thats an really small loss…

Ok, ok, you all been really clear…i was asking for a single PK system, but the thing seems to not be glad to the community.

I’m really ok with that, i love democracy…as you suggest, i’ll find another way to “save” my stuff…or as other ppl say, i’ll go play singleplayer, where i’m the only one in the democratic system :smiley:

looks nice overall, but this does not sound beginner friendly. probably new ppl will quit faster, or even need more help.