HWS 4.4 - big surprise + 5.0 preparation

Problem only in limits, of some “kind” devices. In this case, there 5 cores, not 1.

I hope ALL get 5++ hour cd in PvP-zones for OCD?

I think 10k are okay. You have seen what i had build on Destiny with a 10k Limit and i think a tiny Village with 8 Buildings, 3 Landingsides and Park would fit for a big faction.

Who ever thinks that must be insane or @Thranir :joy:

[quote=“RexXxuS, post:62, topic:2212”]
For now I think 3 cores are more than enough again. Keep in mind you can merge structures now. So a base which took before 5 cores can now be build with only 1.
[/quote]We always could build modular before this patch. You just had to delete the blocks in between. The patch didn’t really change much for survival mode to me regarding the merging of bases. Check our HQ on our planet. It was already ‘modular’ before the patch.
It’s even connected to my house and overlapping blocks + a separate platform far away all on the same core before the patch.

For now I think 3 cores are more than enough again. Keep in mind you can merge structures now. So a base which took before 5 cores can now be build with only 1.
[/quote]I hope this core & blocklimit will not apply to PVE playfields for obvious reasons. You didn’t specify this.

And is that core/block limit per playfield or for the entire universe? I skipped 3.0 so I don’t know how that worked.

Was the 10k block limit good like in HWS 3.0 or should we go with 30k this time?
[/quote]Like I already wrote, with 10k you can not protect yourself vs all the bugs that we are (for some reason) allowed to use by the police. 30k is what I had in mind. This forces somewhat good design and you just have enough blocks to protect vs bugs/disconnect.

I PM-ed you with questions about this 1-2 days ago. The real answer to this is: “Depends on how you change the rules regarding the (allowed) bug abuse that is going on by all major factions (including ours)”. And it would also force players to record every single fight.

Traders and most minecrafters who generally never PVP will be just fine with a 10k (PVP) block limit because they never fly bigger anyway and don’t understand why they get blown up in < 60 seconds when they get caught someday and call them cheaters.

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:63, topic:2212”]
I hope ALL get 5++ hour cd in PvP-zones for OCD?
[/quote]It’s no use as long as we can still instantly use the market. You can still secure goods and even build entire bases naked using the Eleon Market. Devs need to add market control for this. How do you think some of your bases were blown up by people with empty backpacks and no ships? Marketplace.

1 Like

Was the 10k block limit good like in HWS 3.0 or should we go with 30k this time?

With bugs that we have here 30k is the minimum for building something that can be used

Surprise spoiler? Well… if you know how Chuck Norris is using OCD then you know what is waiting for you…

If you are planned wipe. Write big post on mainpage. Mention it in the middle of conversation in double meaning It is just arrogant and irresponsible to the players.

Rex, 10k block limit is enough, 30k will kill some perf and are absolutly not necessary if you build smart.

1 Like

Visually it’s maybe true. Technically not! For example if a planet reaches over 255 cores we must wipe it since it will be same like “Nova” in HWS 2.0. Everything will be corrupt / unstable then.
Now you can merge them and reduce the core amounts.

See Alliance Planet and answer this for yourself. It would mean for every playfield since you have both cases. Gold Planet = mass defense structures, PvE planets = minecraft dreams

But we can separate this for different playfield individually I think.

PvP pros saying it is not needed so it seems a community decision. But your relation that more blocks are better against bugs is really weird. Keep in mind that you CAUSE bugs etc. with more blocks…

You skipped my message that I ignore troll posts. At least be happy that I count you as a troll. I could also see all your crap as personal insults and then you will have a bad day.

1 Like

OCD - its 2 commands in chat, and u save ALL.
Market - its some teammates, which put ALL u had in Wanted. BUT: teammate could create only 10 offers. And u need more time, to sell them all your stuff.

Which method gives some chances to Pirate, to get some loot? And which not?

(btw: we speak with Rex, about dismissing Eleon Market, for more realistic trade. As I understand, now we need some options from devs, for such actions)

1 Like

[quote=“RexXxuS, post:68, topic:2212”]
I hope this core & blocklimit will not apply to PVE playfields

See Alliance Planet and answer this for yourself. It would mean for every playfield since you have both cases. Gold Planet = mass defense structures, PvE planets = minecraft dreams
[/quote]:sob: No racetrack, no monuments, no nothing on our planet then… This will be the end of minecrafting… I understand that this might be required so if this is the way it must be, I understand. But I will be sooooo sad…
I must delete my landing pads, my house, my shuttles, no racetrack (was gonna start a tunnel through mountain today)… nothing… I need all cores for my warpship + battleship now… Can’t really have much else…
I think I’m gonna buy 2nd account and add it to our faction just to get more cores then…
Atleast you can remove the taxes then because they will no longer be useful.

Core + block limit combined = end of minecraft and makes modular building sometimes useless for those people.

@AlexAKM
Okay that is a fair point. Though I personally always put the important stuff through the market anyway at regular intervals and only keep drill charges and other garbage in my inventory. But OCD is even faster on PVP and must stop I fully agree.

1 Like

Why not both? :smiley:

You skipped my message that I ignore troll posts. At least be happy that I count you as a troll. I could also see all your crap as personal insults and then you will have a bad day.

Always a pleasure to see how you are approaching the negative response. Sorry but some of your actions are “crap” to me like write to Discord that when 5.0 come will be strucure wipe (teammate info) and normal player not using Discord has no chance to know it.

But your relation that more blocks are better against bugs is really weird. Keep in mind that you CAUSE bugs etc. with more blocks…

The main problem is that: When you rocket hits you:

1. Darmage down several blocks inside the armor and blow up devices inboard. This is why we need multiple layers of plating.

2)Worse case rocket lags flips through several layers of bricks and blow up inside the ship. This is why we need even more layers of plating.

There is no creative defense against this and how far I wrote in the first sarcastic post. Doubt that reducing the number of blocks not solved this problem.

Second problem with disconnect during fight.

75% reports of this problems come from fight to SWP and similar. They use different bugs as 200 lights on a ship to create artificial lags and make “players disconnect” bug. We fought against a large group of pirates with massive ships or against another alliance group who attacked us about 15 ships in combat and the server was ok. Then sometimes we come to gold orbit and SWP is able lag all playefild with 2 medium ships. I think that this issue causes more individuals breaking of rules than game mechanic that has been so often improve.

See Alliance Planet and answer this for yourself. It would mean for every playfield since you have both cases. Gold Planet = mass defense structures, PvE planets = minecraft dreams.

Coincidentally, I live on Alliance planet and I did not see a single issue. Despite the large number of structures nothing like lags or kicking when fly between playedfilds or infinite error. I’m not sure but I think that not even exhausted the structures limit. I do not know if I’d exactly gives Alliance planets as bad example.

Best regards your pissed player not a troll :wink:

[quote=“sTv, post:66, topic:2212”]
If you are planned wipe. Write big post on mainpage. Mention it in the middle of conversation in double meaning It is just arrogant and irresponsible to the players.
[/quote] ^ This can only be trolling

I agree with some of your points to some degree. But you should be happy Rex didn’t take this personal yet. I would have. You can at least put it a bit politer. Do you really believe that Rex is gonna be lilke: “Oh he insults me so he must be right. I already work my bumm off for this server. But well, that encourages me to work extra hard for him!”…

2 Likes

I’m not sure how 30k block limit would help with bugs. Can you explain? Also I support 30k limit just because I think there are some times a bigger ship can be fun. 10k is a bit too restrictive I think.

@nauttdog
10k = fairly big ship in terms of size. But there are specific exploits that can be countered by having a larger ship and no 2 components next to each other (spread it all out + redundancy + spaced layers). This is not only strong design (you can disconnect and your ship will still be there) but will also prevent certain exploits like completely blowing your ship up from the inside out with 1-3 shots (which you can purposely do, no lag required, no punishment from police, hard to proof anyway). But still doesn’t protect you from them blowing up your core right away…

All those ships with 6 spaced combat layers around a cube in the middle (I had one of those)? I can likely destroy your ship in ~60 seconds. Especially in a large scale battle. And I have seen this exploit being used several times with my limited PVP experience already. (And not just SWP, the ‘good guys’ use it as well). At least SWP doesn’t cry about it.

However it seems that some pro pvp-ers disagree with me like Blackwing. So perhaps I’m just too noob and perhaps I’m talking out of my bumm. Perhaps I just fail designing ships (which I know for sure). But I also know that my ships are likely better than most of the server when I see those small tiny boxes that I can insta delete.

Ship name pls. Smells bad.

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:76, topic:2212”]
They use different bugs as 200 lights on a ship to create artificial lags and make “players disconnect” bug.

Ship name pls. Smells bad.
[/quote]Ignore him, it’s just (at least this one) another false accusation.

1 Like

If you do not trust me there is nothing simpler than going to do CREATIVE place on boat a corresponding number of lights make server from your pc spawn several ships and try to fight with your friend and this is just one bug that I noticed for all the others which I do not know.

You’re taking about sticking your CV inside an enemy CV and blowing up their squishy bits with your guns inside them.

The easiest way to avoid that is to have a highly mobile ship rather than a massive ship. I don’t even think it’s an exploit as it’s so easy to counter.

With that said - I do want 30k block ships. Because I really enjoy salvaging all that free combat steel.

1 Like

Sometimes I lag teleport 500m in a random direction and inside other ships (happened during fight PKA vs SWP) but luckily neither ship was blown up because of it. At that point you both hope you don’t accidentally get blown up. Mobility = no guarantee and doesn’t help you vs dc when people have like 30 seconds to freely fly inside your ship and do “boom”.

[quote=“Mordgier, post:79, topic:2212”]
I don’t even think it’s an exploit
[/quote] That is another thing, what is allowed and what not… I seriously do not know anymore.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.