HWS 4.4 - big surprise + 5.0 preparation

Time to go jump in my CV and test.

Here is mine:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803277279

I hate brick wars

1 Like

Does not appear to be the case.

You need to hire a painter for your ship :stuck_out_tongue:

I make these for the workshop, I let others paint it to their taste.

PVP players do artificial lag and disconnect bug using various bug (many lights, cladding of windows etc.)
Rockets flying through several layers of combat steel.

What we gonna do ? We will try to consult with the developers and try to fix it?..no too mainstream.
We try to catch those who break the rules?..no too busy.

We will reduce limit blocks,devices and players can go **** yourself. Who care about them… YES THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

“Any feedback?”

“NO WARNINGS anymore since we have full control”

please burn…slowly.

I hate that ship. We built in in 3.4. The doors on that monster killed 3 of our SVs. You should call yourself Chompo rather than chobo cause your hangar doors go CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

Also - your engines are exposed and no reason for that.

You’ve not made a single post here that wasn’t raging about HWS.

Maybe this isn’t the place for you.

3 Likes

They ONLY fixed it for homing missiles. You can still use it with other weapons… Would make too much sense to balance it I guess… You can still abuse it + admins on this server allow it.

I thought pulse lasers faded out? I admit base stuff isn’t something I mess with much, but the few bases we smashed we used missiles as pulse lasers didn’t show explosions.

It doesn’t happen with my SVs and this is a bug I’m not responsible.

I like roleplaying, I’m not building impossible things like hidden thrusters and mounted weapons.

You’ve not made a single post here that wasn’t raging about HWS.

Maybe this isn’t the place for you.

Maybe you should write only when you have something to say:)

1 Like

Well RexxXuxxS, I like the modifications, the class 3 of devices is enough for both CV and BA.
I also like the limitation of bases of factions by playerfield, I think one is more than enough, after all this game is made to play in a group, a mmo, and it is kinda pointless to build a house being all of the same group, and 4.4 solves this in part.

But one thing I do not think is viable is the block limit per faction, why do I say that?
Bigger factions like 5AP, SFT, LBP, among others, where there are usually between 5 and 10 players, where each one of them pilots his own ship usually alone, would be in great trouble, however this would bring a greater engagement of several players in a single ship , But this has to be debated in order to arrive at a type of multiplier or even a fixed number based on the maximum number of members of a faction.

Some type factions with up to 5 members can have 1 BA and 3 CVs in the same playerfield and from 6 to 10 = 1 BA and 5 CVs; From 11 to 20 = 1 BA and 7 CVs; From 21 to 30 1 BA and 10 Cvs; From 31 to 40 = 1 BA and 13 CVs and from 50 onwards 2 BA and 15 CVs …

As for the total block limit I think we should define a fixed number per bp type 5000 blocks and from there multiply by the number of members of the faction, active or not.

Example: a faction that has 5 members would have a total allowed block of 5000 * 5 = 25 thousand blocks, which would obviously have to be divided by its range of structures by playerfield.

Already a faction that has 40 members would have a total allowed of: 5000 * 40 = 200 thousand blocks, which is more than justified given its size in number of players …

I very much hope that these ideas will contribute to making what is already extremely good even better.

1 Like

I dont think anyone was proposing a total block limit per faction. That would be silly.

1 Like

No, it would not be silly, this existed, and it was worse, because you could only have a maximum of 1 Ba and two CV per playerfield for each faction with the maximum limit of 10 thousand blocks, outside the limit of 50 devices in pvp planets … Now imagine the 5AP making the siege that made there in the planet trader with the limit that prevailed before, would never do because they were there with more than 10 ships.

Can you clarify what this will mean for any existing structures/what the limits will look like? It would be awesome to be able to prepare as much as possible beforehand.

Omgomgomgomg. This is so exciting. I can’t wait.

So, factions with larger member bases would be at a handicap because we wouldn’t be able to fully utilize all of our resources when we needed too.

This game wasn’t designed to have multiple people in a CV manning different systems, it’s meant to have a pilot who does everything. I mean yeah it would be beneficial to have a copilot/repairman holding on items for you, but that’d be a very boring role for someone.

We banded together so that we could dominate, that’s how empires are built, putting in server rules like that serves to ruin the gameplay for us large factions.

If you want to be fair, built your own large faction and counter - that’s what SFA is doing.

3 Likes

Manned turrets give you greater range so it’s useful to have a couple teammates in your CV.

Not as useful as a couple of teammates in CVs.

1 Like

I ignore some troll posts here.

So some don’t know how it was in HWS 3.0.

The block / core limit was based on player per faction / player.
If the limit was 2 cores it would mean either 2 cores per YOU (private) OR 2 cores per faction. So you can’t place 2 cores and set them as faction and place again 2 cores and set it to private (this would be 4).

a 10 member faction could have 20 cores then for example.

For now I think 3 cores are more than enough again. Keep in mind you can merge structures now. So a base which took before 5 cores can now be build with only 1.

The block limit works the same way. e.g. 1000 blocks per player / faction but individual.

Was the 10k block limit good like in HWS 3.0 or should we go with 30k this time?

General disclaimer:
You never ever can play as a 1 man faction and think you have a chance against a 10 man faction. This is not how physics work, this is not how real life works.
But first this will be soon not so relevant anymore ~spoiler~ and second we don’t want to limit faction sizes.
Last but not least: the bigger the faction the more problems you have - trust me.

Surprise spoiler? Well… if you know how Chuck Norris is using OCD then you know what is waiting for you…

2 Likes