HWS 5.5 Final Release

Thanks man

Looking at the different bits of information out there on wipes, it looks like the Orbital Autominersā€™ products will be available past the wipe. Is there a way to disable this for starter planets too? Or maybe allow some commands to work (such as ā€œam:fuelā€) to get the 'miners prepped for the departure?

Iā€™d prefer keeping the inventories but not allowing ā€œam:getā€ on starter planets rather than just clearing the materials to maintain the survival atmosphere, but thatā€™s just me.

Also, can we change the name to avoid confusion? Maybe ā€œOrbital Resource Extractor (ORE)ā€ or something, though we could keep (or add) the command header so old folks whoā€™ve been using the ā€œam:ā€ command set wonā€™t have to relearn. Itā€™s hard to tell newbies what to do when the on-playfield autominers have basically the same name as the HWS signature ones.

On name changes, how about other names than ā€œPirate Starterā€ too? Plenty of traditional and science fiction names out there with a lot more flavor to them. Could even have a contest if you guys donā€™t have enough on your own. I think itā€™s better for the story to say, ā€œI come from Tarantulisā€ than ā€œI come from Trader Starter.ā€

But maybe thatā€™s just me.

1 Like

Love the sphere, give me the bp please.

search death star on workshop

I was thinking, could the sphere get a super weapon like teleporting all ships in a random system after some time?

Hm this is something I overlooked. The remaining 5 build we will keep as it is but will discuss for 6.0.

It does seem that new players are latching into the word autominersā€¦ Even with throwing orbital there is some confusion but usually not for long. Again we will chat and see if an alternative is neededā€¦

Yea this is something that has always been a difficult one. I totally agree it does break imersion so for 6.0 I have compiled a lot of Potential names for every planetā€¦ However, the starters wonā€™t be as obvious as ā€˜pirate starterā€™ but there will be a common prefix so new players can easily reference where they areā€¦think hunger gamesā€¦ Teaser

This creation was perfect for my plansā€¦ I spent a good 4 hours designing it into a poi so Iā€™m afraid the BP on the workshop wonā€™t give much away :stuck_out_tongue:

The question isā€¦ Do players even have what it takes to enter the sphere. I will watch when the patch hits to see how it goes :wink:

2 Likes

Final reminder and note @everyone

1. All Auto Miners will be gone after the patch on starters and Armageddon! Make sure to pick them up now
  2. We delay the switch to PvP today because of the patch
  3. Make sure to clean up every un-needed structure for yourself. There will be no, I repeat, no refund given for any laziness now

Have fun and prepare the :popcorn:

3 Likes

So if I buy the new origin setstarterplanet for 1 million right now, will it still be set come 6.0, or will I have to re-buy it again? Just making sure here since IIRC you reset your origin with a wipeā€¦if you switch factions come 6.0 would it auto transfer to your new originā€™s starter?

Also Iā€™m kind of scared with the Lava biome for Arma, if our bases will be inside lava with the new map, no way for us to really tell :frowning:

Im glad you said something, because I did not see this edit!. We have camoflaged white bunkers throughout the base, have hydrogen farms in a protected area, etcā€¦ It says just visual, but to be honest thats kind of a big change.
As for lave, I believe the lava should only be where water is currently.
BUT it may cause some serious issues with the hv limit in place, as anyone who loses an hv in lava, cannot go in after it, and is now out one of their hv counts.

If you have built in water then yea they will be in lava, if you have built on normal ground you have nothing to worry about[quote=ā€œBooyaah, post:32, topic:4871ā€]
will it still be set come 6.0
[/quote]

No, Like most things everything is per season, so you will have to buy againā€¦same as Rp and everything else like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

stay away from the lava thenā€¦

2 Likes

HOLY SHIT! Can we slow down on the changes a bit please? Just a little bit! We (LoT) have been trying to prepare for this transition since this announcement went up, and now most of us wont be able to be on until after the switch happens. Now all of the sudden it is lava, Snow is all gone, HV limits up while sv limits are downā€¦ I am trying to keep up but there isnt even any kind of notice when it changes. I have to just keep refreshing the thread to see if anything else is gettign changed last minute.
Just to clarify, I am fine with it looking more like lucifer. I just wish we had known before the day of, so we could have adjusted our base to accommodate it. For example not havign bright white turrets highlighted on the landscapeā€¦
And I am fine with whatever hv/sv limits are gonna be set. But each limit comes with itā€™s own changes to our strategy. And when those numbers change three times hours before the change happens, we dont have time to work with it. :frowning:

Itā€™s just lava instead of water. Everything else still snow.

In the previous thread from last week I said that I maybe go down from 50 SVs to a lower amount, preventing core blocking.

So no dramatic change yet.

Ok maybe the screenshot is just bad, looking at it it appears to be a complete biome change to something similar to lucifer. I retract my complaint if the snow remains, we are all good. :slight_smile:
We were nowhere near the limit for svā€™s, nor will we likely hit it even with 30. But the upping to 10, we spent a lot of time breaking down stuff and sacrificing to make sure we had only 7 lol. Again, not an issue. Just a little frustrating, when it turns out we could have used em.

Okay so letā€™s say you donā€™t buy it, and you have to res back at starter. How are you expected to leave? Do you get any resources like 20 fusion cells at least? Because without fuel, basic mining tools, ingots, no virtual amd, you will literally be stuck unless you can find a random noob to help you out, which I wouldnā€™t want to rely on.

1 Like

HWS 5.5 is online on every 3 servers!

Step 2 of performance-tweak-till-6.0 coming in 1-2 weeks.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: that shows us that people really forgot to play a survival game without OCDā€¦ ui ui uiā€¦

3 Likes

Test facility * _ *, lighting is amazing feels like im playing doom 3 lol but the ā€œweā€™ve only just beganā€ door doesnā€™t open T_T, new POIā€™s in general are amazing! :smiley: nice work, sneaky tactics thou like 1 way doors lolā€¦

For some moments - its REAL fail. I hope u understand when we got stuck?

amazing picture :joy:

I take it you havent hit spawn fresh on starter recently? You drop with basic supplies now.