HWS 6.0 | Community feedback and update

Can we tone down the temps for all the homeworld planets. Even with maximum temp boost you can’t survive outside for more then a minute. I don’t mind a challenge but its not fun not being able to leave the ship.

I just took everything out of my autominer and it was free because I was in the EGS zone.

It took a while to crack the code but I finally got it.

The secret is that you have to actually read the posts about how the game works.

2 Likes

Elemental Space Race on PVE server should probably allow you to start it with 1 player because of low player base.

Also the PVE starter planets could use some more aliens to level up on. They are rare (at least for pirate starter).

Game still turns off your jetpack upon relog & warp… Why not change such an easy default setting we have been asking for several major patches why Eleon why?

You never had that moment where you relog and then try to jump over a gap but nope you forgot to turn on your jetpack and you fall and break a leg and you can guess the rest?

[quote=“Xanif, post:42, topic:5720”]
The secret is that you have to actually read the posts about how the game works.
[/quote]Yeah but sadly I can’t find a lot of important posts. I tried using the guide but that one is still 5.x so for now we mostly have a bunch of confused faction members that are all like “I dunno, try it?”.

Also did anyone notice the (silent)-nerfs to some blocks like trussings no longer being air-tight? :stuck_out_tongue: Also some device blocks that completely seal of the entire area do not count as airtight :confused: and most blocks miss the description “airtight yes/no” so that too is one big try-it-yourself-fest and it also broke one of my ships by nerfing walkway blocks

First of all : godd job guys :slight_smile:

We had some problems on planet starter we had many disconnect issues. We found a way to stop it (FOV : 40) so we leave the starter very quickly to prevent that kind of disagreement.

l like the new implantation of planetes and systems but the balancing seems to be perfectible. I don’t mean about EGS that is logical to place. I won’t tell anything else. I’m afraid of telling the position :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t understand the reason and the way to enter black hole.

Why the fuck is the chat so large ?! I think i’m back in 1996 :slight_smile:

The new planetes are very intererresting in terms of condition to live on. but i think the natural disaster time is too short between one and an other. In fact i don’t think there is a pause.

Good job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah sorry – Got lots of updating to do once the server needs less handholding.

For now, Here’s the best info all in one place:

The planetary teleporters are awesome! However spwaning on the other side to a poi already firing on you isn’t so awesome.
I think they should be rotated 180°. That might let you spawn in alive at least with some line of sight cover.

1 Like

Yes, they will apply to the third server too.

Look the POI’s are waaaaay to freakin hard, not fun, the meteor showers, the high tempiture planets not fun, your lil tricky doors that we can’t blow up with tons of shot gun wielding aliens waiting for us, not fun. No digging not fun

Not fun at all

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear.
We are currently in a state where 70% really like hws and all the new stuff and 30% not.

Knowing me it means that I want 99% :slight_smile:

So first we can iterate with low risk over weather easily and second The two month season allows us to reach this% in a smoother way.

Yeah, starting on ‘impossible’ planet is impossible. Like Hunter planet. Solo there? a quagmire. Still it s a great, great excellent server for a fanastic game. Good job. Despite all complains and whining, it s the best. Tweaks here and there and it ll be smooth.

@zeno The POI are fun. The thing is that you need teammates to beat some of them without dying 100x. When you go in with 3-4 players it’s suddenly not so hard anymore.
Well… We still die a lot by temperatures because there are no boosts that protect vs 120 degrees and almost perma meteorshowers and then after almost an hour followed by fire rain… Damn lava planets so hard while snowplanets = faceroll… Lose 25% hp even getting into the POI from medbay. I mean you can survive minus 420 degrees but 60ish degrees = dying because no boosts exist for it.

Those really large POI almost never have ventilation so you die inside the POI constantly from overheating and that imo is no fun since there is no counter to it when it’s admin cored. No boost, no cockpit, nothing to fix it.
And when it’s not admin cored the problem is that you are forced to use ships to clear it due to temperatures.

I remember opening a shutter door inside a large POI and there was a lazer turret and a bunch of sentries behind it and because of performance I could not close it so I had to run for my life and I was like:

Oh nonononono you didn’t you sneaky Achilles! I expected loot not a free ticket back to medbay :wink:

Then there was an admin cored POI with an indestructible spawner with those giant robots and a door with a lockcode. @gareth went in, the door closed and it respawned and instantly hit Gareth and he was ‘screaming’ on Discord.
That is him on the floor. I was trying not to laugh too much. The video is much more fun:

Or those doors with access codes and my teammates go in and they are like… “Erm there are indestructible spawners here but we forgot the lockcode, it’s on the LCD outside. Please tell us the code and please be fast!” Lol? (hint: always ctrl+c and ctrl+v all lockcodes in case you need to run later)

Also some POI we cleared by 2 people holding open the doors while someone else used a plasma/gatling SV to clear out the POI safely from outside.

Good luck solo in those POI not to mention what happens when other players find your CV parked outside while you are inside the POI :wink: All previous patches you could solo POI but this patch I would not recommend it.

Definition of teamplay:

Open the door and hope that a random teammate goes in and facechecks all traps like a pro. Then try not to laugh and make up some excuse for not having to go into the room yourself.

3 Likes

So my feedback generally was: POI are fun and sometimes require teammates, but please properly ventilate all of them when they are on a lava-planet or at least get Eleon to get heat-armor-boosters!

1 Like

You can buy fuel at the EGS Fuel Station - Pentaxid that is, so if you run a bit short pull some credits out.

Oh, you can also mine Pentaxid in meteors around all Origin planets.

1 Like

There are pent Asteroids in every origin planet system now…

EDIT
lmao just posted this, then it auto scrolled and I saw Ranz said same thing. Womp.
Still good advice though

@Booyaah it says 60 pentaxid but it’s never more than 25… Black hole used to say 80 something and your tank only holds 60 something… Complaining about how much pentaxid it cost but don’t even take the time to actually check. Good way to get stuff changed that doesn’t need to be changed man.

Man I remember when tank held 25 fun days

Got toying around with HWS Community on Connect. I can type a message, and send it. But if I navigate to another section on Connect. My message is gone when returning to HWS Community. Is there some kind of (very short) time limit on messages?

No it is basically send and cleared.
A decision I made so people don’t spam one message after another.
Will improve this feature even more though

1 Like