HWS 6.0 | Teaser Road to Release | Reputation System & Origins | Part I

Until resource gathering can be made to be more engaging it only made sense to lessen the tedious nature of gathering. A nice solution would be gating large resource caches behind pvp fights so that there is a way to “gather” resources without the insanely monotonous and boring methods of hand drilling.

I could just get a huge amount of guilt, goto random PVP system in an SV and turn off FWD thrust to fly at maxspeed forever :smiley: . Great for while at work. Trolling hunters should give extra guilt :stuck_out_tongue:
Just pray server does not crash/restart. Unless of course 6.0 introduces new features that prevent this but there is always a way :smiley:

There is no penalty for having guilt other than being on the board? This is gonna be fun I’m gonna troll hunters in so many ways :slight_smile: . But I could get caught by a bug someday or a warp-camper :frowning:

or run out of fuel oxygen food while afk :stuck_out_tongue: , hunters are patient creatures :wink:

1 Like

Macro’s. Can last forever.

Will be interesting to see the ways it’s employed.

Server might have to implement a feature to delete ships that fly past 400k :thinking:

Edit: I’m kidding – don’t get too twisted all you deep deep deep space campers. :wink: Unless…

since cv’s cant fire on planet’s anymore we wouldn’t really need deep space :stuck_out_tongue:, I’d vote for putting up a system messege for anything passed 50km so people cant go further :smiley:

It has - My ship and 2 PIR ships got deleted when we passed 450km during a fight.

Honestly past 300 anything Can happen.

and how will this change? you will just need to keep farming or buying autominer cores.

by creating more grinding.

yes, but NOT spending half of their time doing so. this should be more of a hobby, not a requisite. it will be “fun” for the first 10 days, then it will occur to everyone (eventually) that this is just mindless grinding.

oh and also taking down POI will heavily favor factions with more than one player.
explain how the single player factions will be able to compete with this system?

2 Likes

When does a single anything do as well or better than an organized group of anything? Rarely.

so you agree that this system will not favor single players either, thank you.[quote=“hopskotch, post:94, topic:5550”]
When does a single anything do as well or better than an organized group of anything? Rarely.
[/quote]

Nothing about what I said agreed with your views or endorse your opinions. But appreciate your feedback nonetheless.

so your post was purely contentious?[quote=“hopskotch, post:96, topic:5550, full:true”]
Nothing about what I said agreed with your views or endorse your opinions. But appreciate your feedback nonetheless.
[/quote][quote=“hopskotch, post:94, topic:5550”]
[/quote]

[quote=“AK1600, post:93, topic:5550”]
Some players will love to take on poi and fill the market with cores, it will drive actual trading for items that are needed.

yes, but NOT spending half of their time doing so. this should be more of a hobby, not a requisite.[/quote]
I like taking on POI’s. The problem is usually that there is not enough variation + while you are inside a really big POI, your CV/SV outside the POI is 100% vulnerable to enemy fire and enemy cheese tactics while you are not there.
Now if on top of that the planet also disallows CV, then you have to worry about 2 ships instead of 1… Unless you park the CV very far out in space and take your SV down to the POI’s. But on a big server like HWS there is a likely chance, with or without poi-regen, that the POI is already raided and you wasted 15-20 minutes of preparation for nothing.

I need a pokeball to store my ships in when I go into a big POI or instance to prevent some lame player from killing my ship without a pilot in it using some cheese tactic so that the ship can’t shoot back.

Stealth, gorilla warfare, something that doesn’t involve drawing any attention. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is actually what I came to the thread to ask, if we could use the board to put bounties on individuals outside of trader/guardian origin. I know it could be exploitable (pay money, see where your enemies are) but perhaps the player posted ones only show playfield?

Yeah the specifications for that one are quite complicated (+ technical realization in HWS Connect) but planned before 7.0.

In the first step it is maybe already a success to let people type the player name (this is already a problem cause of the russian players…) and then the amount for his head. After submit this amount will get taken from your account.
So on the board will be just his name… faction and origin too maybe but no location.

If someone kills him then they get paid from your amount.

1 Like

Ok just wanted to add some things here with a few areas that im a bit concerned over…

Outside of hunter/guardian, the other factions have an alternate method to gain RP (NOT counting the container thing…the guardian being even more restrictive…

traders can … well trade/live in PVE, Freelancers can warp, Pirates just keep gold on them/live in PVP.

Both of these get a bit of a leg down here,Guardians are really screwed in that it has to be pirate and no other factions, at least hunters are not restricted on WHO they kill… just kill anyone and they get the rep. This seriously limits guardians ability to get going IMHO, watch how hard it will be to find those containers with everyone looking to get RP started, or the price of them if they can be sold. Just seems a bit unbalanced is all… maybe have another look.

Next, I have a few questions about hunter board. Ok so a freelancer is a bad boy/girl and does something they shouldnt and gets guilty. A guardian or other, comes along to swing “justice unto thee” and kills said bad boy/girl. Great for them… but I know from experience, alot of people just respawn nearby. Bam, my turrets light em up again… and again. and again…

Yippie, cause someone chose to respawn nearby, or deliberately RP drained me, i now get +7 for the HBoard kill, sweet, then get -10 * #of idiot or deliberate nearby spawns! Thats a way to go from 100 RP or so in about 3-5 minutes easys, they claim oh i wanted my BP back and thats my reason. I get marked guilty, and a HUGE loss that negates the reason i even came to kill them… kinda broken here, might be wrong and will wait for the guide to get published… but wanted to put this out there as i see area of concern…

Also, lets say trader is guilty here… and im guardian… i go find him to get the RP…

1- Do i still take a -10 RP hit cause im fighting a trader, then get +7 for killing HBoard person? Net loss of 3 there
2- Will the HBoard guilty guy now be aggro to me? to everyone? basically HBoard seems to me that its a Kill On Sight order thing… so guilty should be aggro to ANYONE not faction or allied with that person
3- If not aggro (cause they are trader for ex) and i see them flying in their ship… does manual fire on their ship set them to aggro? will it even damage their ship if we are “faction alliance” locked?

Had a few other things but cant remember anymore…

The thing that does not agree with this system is the guards who are only responsible for killing pirates and basically taking out their RP, I agree that the Bhunters should have their wall and have their Rp based on the orders of the pack, but the crimes should be left to the Guardians, and not other factions, see I’m not saying that if a freelancer sees a wanted, that he should not kill but I’m saying that if this wanted is killed by a freelancer and not a guardian his reward will be half of what a guardian would receive For killing the same guy, for example the guy is worth 200,000 cr and 10 Rp, if killed by a guardian and worth half of it if killed by any other player of another faction; Restrict the guardians to only rp by killing pirates goes by the same ones in disadvantage to obtain the things that it is necessary to have RP, and since the guardians are the faction that is responvavel by maintaining the security in the cosmos let that hunt the evildoers … …

oh… remembered one of the other things… we have Orange, red, green, etc in the map/radar for helping to determine who is who… what about having anyone with “guilty” on showing a new color so we can see we are nearby their player character… something like yellow or pink or some other color that sets them out from the others easily…