HWS 6.0 | Teaser Road to Release | Reputation System & Origins | Part I

A better way to say it – a way that Rex explained to me when killing me 30 times yesterday testing this…

“A turret is a weapon.” – look at it that way, if you are shooting a shotty or an arty, you are shooting and gaining all the benefits and punishments that go with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What if you have no fwends :frowning:

Do you still lose RP on deaths?

Of course

i will be your friend lol

Is there any chance we can get a board at the blackmarket location with the current trades? or atleast the commands. I know y’all probably have something up your sleeve, but I have always felt like the HWS Blackmarket is massively under utilized. And now that it’s the primary source of rp for traders…

This guilt system reminds me of a shitty mechanic in an even shittier game called "mortal online.

Hypothetical situation>>>

Some douchebag who isn’t a pirate decides to attack your ship >> you can choose to flee/die or fight.

Flee >> if successfull good for you.
Die >> bye bye resources and douchebag gets guilt
Fight >> If you successfully kill the perpetraitor you will become guilty yourself.

This system does not endorse self defense.

3 Likes

Sky is right, what if a trader attacks another trader and the DEFENDER kills the attacker in self-defense? Especially if he can not fllee (main BA) and he kills the attackers multiple times over. The defender will be the only one with a ton of guilt, assuming he wins.
It’s even possible for the defender to shoot first (due to enemies coming into his turret range) so it’s nearly impossible to know who is the attacker and who is the defender (attackers can also spawn BA’s).

I see.
However BAses do not count in that system.
And only if you pilot / control a ship.

But yes, assuming one Trader SV attacks another Trader SV where one is the Defender and one the sneaky Attacker.

We can argue now that the Defender who is able to kill the Attacker gets his loot and can buy in an egs zone himself “noguilty”. So he didn’t lose much except time to make himself clean again.

However the sneaky attacker will be blamed and shamed in the public (it is planned to have a user driven guilty board later)

But either way we can’t expect and track human behavior. Same as in real life. The police and courts need a lot of time to find out if this kill was due self-defense (low punishment) or murdering (prison).

If there is a good idea to tackle this let me know

These are some of the primary reasons I made my earlier posts. Consider origin hopping. Being able to assign guilt will not be a deterrent. Pirate and Hunters are rewarded for being guilty. Many have large factions and assets to protect themselves. It will be a badge of honor for all of them to be guilty. “Yea, we’re all guilty, what ya gonna do about it, huh? Come and get us”

Guilty to them doesnt matter. In fact, its now more attractive to origin hop and get the defender on the guilt board. Not only does the hopper have his fun, he’s now placed the defender at the ‘mercy’ of the entire server and cost him rp.

Buying ones way off the guilty board in this circumstance is a kin to extortion. This is no fun game play for the defender.

Today, we put up a successful defence and high-five all around, tomorrow it will be, “Oh shxx, we won that was a guardian/trader that attacked us, we’re screwed”.

Unfortunately, short of putting the guilty system on the shelf for now, I dont have a recommendation how to balance this.

This is not a complaint and once again, appreciate all the efforts. This is reason why we will not even consider returning as guardians, nor will we consider trader.

Caught up in Catch-22, not fun.

3 Likes

Good points there Swiss. This could end up having the overall effect of substantially unbalancing the server. We could end up having almost all hunters and pirates!

1 Like

Maybe that was the point? :smiling_imp:

You must look a little deeper into the info given to us :stuck_out_tongue: [quote=“RexXxuS, post:1, topic:5550”]
Now to summarize some already known facts:

Trader Origin start means easy in general but lacking PvP overall
Freelancer Origin start means exploring and playing as a Free-lancer as a general medium difficulty
Guardian Origin start means to know how to survive and providing protection for people in need later on
Pirate Origin start means survival in both ways: living and glory
Hunter Origin start means pure survival and hunting - at any cost
[/quote]

“Origin Start” I’m guessing this means that the map is now very different to 5.0 you guys are still using 5.0 map as reference for balance, those who get less effects from RP gains are going to get greater effects from map, from this quote it tells me starter planets fall away and we are starting straight onto origin’s now and from what I can tell Trader origin is pve while the rest is pvp start :stuck_out_tongue: which sounds amazing to me :D.

Logically we will have a lot more traders than anything else on start from my guessing but even if that is true then as they get richer they will hopefully faction skip to make the game harder for themselves and get more pvp action. Faction skipping is a good thing in my eyes, how can you truly know your opponents unless you have lived in their shoes.

2 Likes

@RexXxuS Are FA:supplies changing at all?

Rexx i was reading well the Hunter board, the aproximation of 1k km means abount 1.000 km? it is a very big distance, did you meant that?

more than likely 1 km xD

Ups, yeah. 1000 meter.

Yes!

haaa ok so 1000 m = 1 KM
:smiley:

its going to be really tedious finding auto miner cores for fuel.

there already is way too much repetition with empyrion,
now you want to add looting POI to gain cores, and fighting other players for turf to get control of the POI.

I know you want people to be more active, but this isnt a good step by adding another repetition to the weekly cycle…

the item is called a “core” not a fuel pack.

one of the highest reasons im still playing empyrion is because of the CURRENT HWS autominer and OCD system greatly reduces the repetition of maintenance. ( i still think the game should be focused on building, fighting, constructing, alliances, not daily routine).
most of my friends wont play empyrion anymore because its too repetitive. doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

1 Like

In 6. 0 you have a fill all for fuel, oxygen, ammo and pentax and npc trading all around to buy items… Combine that with the old system of no effort for getting resources (orbital auto miner) and huge storage capability (OCD) the game becomes to me… Mine craft, nothing left to do but build and have meaningless fights where If you lose you don’t actually have sense of loss and you don’t actually need to do anything…I guess total pvp players don’t care much for a lot apart from the attacking and defending but other players like things to do even If to you they are repetative.

With a lot of pushing from us we have managed to take a lot of the ‘grind’ when preparing for fights etc out… But come on the game in mp needs some challenges.

Some players will love to take on poi and fill the market with cores, it will drive actual trading for items that are needed.

The problem always comes down to whenever we take anything away that we considered a ‘luxuary’ feature or a bit OP and we reduce its effectivnes it is always met with negatives because players just like things to be easy… The problem with that is in the long run the game just gets boring quicker :wink:

2 Likes