HWS 6 | Big changes coming! Update!

Really, you need to get off the planet atleast ASAP. Starter Planets wipe weekly on wednesday. typ cb:nextwipe to see when. FYI though Zascosium and Erestrum (the two rare materials you need for adv constructor) cannot be found in the starter system by normal means. You will have to warp out and track some down.

1 Like

I think maybe you didnt read very carefully? My stance on the matter is clear. I am actually FOR this change. I am just presenting what I believe to be the primary reason many are against it.

Ok, but don’t I need a CV with a warp drive to leave? Or is there some portal somewhere? I have a nice SV (combat freighter) that I made and I’ve been up to space.

~Edit: I was under the impression that just the planet wiped Wednesday but that anything in space was fine?

you do not need those two in order to warp. Yes, space is fine, I am strictly talking about leaving the planet.

1 Like

Excellent, I thought I was stuck here till I somehow found some powercoils and such. Might just leave tonight then.

Thanks for all the info!

np. Take a look here, if you are interested in getting going for as cheap as possible.

1 Like

Gosh I hope it doesn’t wipe before tonight. I thought for sure the next wipe was wednesday…

Starter planet wipes are weekly, on wednesday. The universe wipe to restart 6.0 season 1 (i think to make revisions primarily addressing performance issues) is planned for July 7th

1 Like

My apologies then.

Size Class 3 ???
At the rate size class restrictions are being imposed we will be down to size class 1 before 7.0.
(How can other servers run Size Class 7 while we are debating yet another class reduction?)
Perhaps removing or restructuring some dead playfields would improve server performance?
Could also be time for people to upgrade their PC?

lol Ive been flying a class 1 for the past week. Its not as bad as you might think. Also they are restructuring the universe. Hence the wipe on the 7th.
Other servers do not see the load that HWS does, both in terms of playfield amounts, and players. It is all an attempt to make it a better environment for everyone, while maintaining all the extra features and add ons that set us apart from other servers. Oh and size class has very little to do with pc performance, other than the actual visual loading onto the screen. Crank down the graphics, and I can get the same performance out of my laptop that I can out of my desktop 1080.

You don’t PvP so for you size class is irrelevant.
If it doesn’t make that big a difference why yet another reduction? The Unused/Underused playfields
should be reduced before reducing size class yet again. I bet we will be debating Size Class 2 before
long.

Since you play together: read together!

So is it a definite Rex? We’re going to class 3? Best we know as soon as possible so we can re-engineer our builds down a bit.

Well to be honest it is a community decision and for now it just looks like Class 3. The advantages of Class 3 are higher than the disadvantages at the moment.

OF COURSE we have a lot of flamer and what not about Class 3 - somewhere understandable but in 90% cases they are really just flamer or “hot air” so to speak.

1. they don’t understand what causes server CPU issues
  2. they compare HWS with other servers
  3. they have still ultra epic 141234142134123 triangle ships back from the lag shot workaround days

Just recently I checked one of these ships which are “A PAIN TO BREAK DOWN TO CLASS 3” and what was the reality?
Either remove 15 devices for Class 3 or remove 5k triangles of a 150k+ triangle ship (and this ship was HUGE).

In that moment I realized that all these flamers need again to show me good examples of ships which needs class 4.

The only thing what I was thinking about was to make Class 4 and restrict it almost everywhere down. Or to start with Class 3 and allow Class 4 on important playfields.
The difference is huge but start small and make it bigger is better than removing stuff later.

In the end nobody says you need to throw away your Class 4+ blueprints away. We will see how it goes and adjust everything as needed.

2 Likes

Just a thought - to keep it simple, impose a consistent limit everywhere, at least for vessels since they move about. Please consider treating bases separately from vessels.

Heh at least re-designing stuff is fun in this game.

My only concern here is whether we need to remain constricted on bases at the same class as CV’s, particularly when we already limit the number of bases a faction can own. I have brought up the point in the past, a base doesn’t move. It doesn’t commonly have the same damage calculation issues a CV does. And a base is where a player can really get some quality time in making something look good, as opposed to sheer functionality. Could we consider at the VERY least not dropping base class to 3 at the same time, if not upping it at bit so that people can transition their fancy stuff out of cv’s and into something more permanent?

2 Likes

As you might know there is a difference between global BP restriction coming from the dedicated.yaml and our restriction system (aka red warnings and ship “suddently” turns into HWS faction).

So BP Class 3 would count for EVERYTHING - also Bases sadly.

But we have an own column for each structure type where we can go with Class 4+ for all Bases.
So you just have to cut it down to BP Class 3 initially and build again on top of it…

1 Like

Please please just make it uniform across the board. Class 3 CV everywhere or Class 4 CV everywhere. It’s going to be too much of a pain to make system specific ships. Just make it class 3 across the board if you want it class 3 or let players take a vote on it. Bases are different since most of the time they have to be crafted by hand.

This guy gets it.

1 Like