HWS 6 | Big changes coming! Update!

The most annoying statement of anyone who disagress with a change, as it attacks the person

Well technically you can do this in these zones (as shown in HWS 3,4,5).
But these Zones are really reserved for the Elemental Garage ships and any other would get removed.

We will setup player driven sell zones with the 7th july patch.
However it is bit more tricky since these ships you sell have to be logically in PvE and PvE parking playfields are normally taxed. So you have to decide if you want to do it or set the price higher regarding that.

Giving random selling zones everywhere is a ton of work, therefore it is included in the NPC Trader donation option.

We will see - maybe there is an even better way later.

Maybe something else could be setup somewhere. If you list a vehicle like that do all the contents transfer over like ammo and fuel?

Changes look cool. I have a question about how the wipe works.

A few friends and I started playing Empyrion with the 6.x updates and Iā€™ve sunk almost 100 hours into single player (and some co-op with my brother). We though itā€™d be nice to try joining a active server and started playing on HWS a few days agoā€¦

I went to this site to check out commands and rules and such and imagine my surprise to see that a wipe is planned for the near future. How does this normally work? Do you have to start from square one mining with the T1 drill? Iā€™m still on a starter planet, will I be able to recycle my stuff to credits? Lastly, does having credits after a wipe give you a quicker start? Donā€™t you need to be at some trading location to actually buy something?

Nori,
check out the portion of the guide pertaining to the OCD. It is your friend during wipes. It allows you to save some stuff and resources. You will not be able to use it on the starter, that will be you levelling up to build and escape. After that though, you can go to any PVE playfield and withdraw your items. You may also use credits at that point to buy things from the market. Recycling does not work to credits in this game though, unless you sell it. Generally it will be a matter of breaking down stuff, and storing the resources for later use.I recommend storing combat steel blocks. A lot of resource density there, and everyone wants them.

1 Like

mcprouty,
Thanks for the info. Iā€™ve looked at the OCD but as Iā€™m still on the starter planet, I canā€™t use it yet. So am I right in assuming that I need to get off the starter planet before the 7th in order to save any of the work Iā€™ve done so far? That could be a problem as I havenā€™t found any power coilsā€¦

Hmm, canā€™t make combat steel blocks yet as I canā€™t find any power coils for the Adv. Constructor. But can do hardened steel as a poor manā€™s version. :slight_smile:

Really, you need to get off the planet atleast ASAP. Starter Planets wipe weekly on wednesday. typ cb:nextwipe to see when. FYI though Zascosium and Erestrum (the two rare materials you need for adv constructor) cannot be found in the starter system by normal means. You will have to warp out and track some down.

1 Like

I think maybe you didnt read very carefully? My stance on the matter is clear. I am actually FOR this change. I am just presenting what I believe to be the primary reason many are against it.

Ok, but donā€™t I need a CV with a warp drive to leave? Or is there some portal somewhere? I have a nice SV (combat freighter) that I made and Iā€™ve been up to space.

~Edit: I was under the impression that just the planet wiped Wednesday but that anything in space was fine?

you do not need those two in order to warp. Yes, space is fine, I am strictly talking about leaving the planet.

1 Like

Excellent, I thought I was stuck here till I somehow found some powercoils and such. Might just leave tonight then.

Thanks for all the info!

np. Take a look here, if you are interested in getting going for as cheap as possible.

1 Like

Gosh I hope it doesnā€™t wipe before tonight. I thought for sure the next wipe was wednesdayā€¦

Starter planet wipes are weekly, on wednesday. The universe wipe to restart 6.0 season 1 (i think to make revisions primarily addressing performance issues) is planned for July 7th

1 Like

My apologies then.

Size Class 3 ???
At the rate size class restrictions are being imposed we will be down to size class 1 before 7.0.
(How can other servers run Size Class 7 while we are debating yet another class reduction?)
Perhaps removing or restructuring some dead playfields would improve server performance?
Could also be time for people to upgrade their PC?

lol Ive been flying a class 1 for the past week. Its not as bad as you might think. Also they are restructuring the universe. Hence the wipe on the 7th.
Other servers do not see the load that HWS does, both in terms of playfield amounts, and players. It is all an attempt to make it a better environment for everyone, while maintaining all the extra features and add ons that set us apart from other servers. Oh and size class has very little to do with pc performance, other than the actual visual loading onto the screen. Crank down the graphics, and I can get the same performance out of my laptop that I can out of my desktop 1080.

You donā€™t PvP so for you size class is irrelevant.
If it doesnā€™t make that big a difference why yet another reduction? The Unused/Underused playfields
should be reduced before reducing size class yet again. I bet we will be debating Size Class 2 before
long.

Since you play together: read together!

So is it a definite Rex? Weā€™re going to class 3? Best we know as soon as possible so we can re-engineer our builds down a bit.