HWS 6.X.X / Alpha 6.6 release! New universe! PvPvE rebalancement! New features!

I do like some of the changes, but if there is a wipe planned for September 7th(When the season ends) why go about removing ships based on a brand new class limit, when they are dissapearing in 2 weeks anyway? why not just leave them in, only allow new vessels spawned in under the new rules? It just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, if they were getting taken away anyway, why just take them out 2 weeks before instead of letting people use their crafts until the end of the season?

it was already said that they not taking your ship ignore the warnings

CB:reset :stuck_out_tongue: , it was said on another post that its too dangerous to change someones faction without a cb reset as it might corrupt data.

Only the orbits will be taxed. Planets won’t be taxed so you can park ships on PvE planets.

Despite good changes there are things that cannot be untold.

Regarding taxing everything. It even sounds kinda wrong, no? pay whom and for what? for PvP space? I would understand it if this will be for PvE(like pay police or something for your security).
I remember how our faction got 2+million credits debts(each dude in faction) because of leaving 2 quite small CV on PvE Lucifer last season(because noobs/newcomers don’t read, just don’t, at the beginning at least…). That was unexpected, but boils up that we should pay this freaking debt for whole season. That was not funny and not everyone would like that from very beginning. And please do expect that every second newcomer will fly away from the server after typing eb:info and looking at millions debts for nothing(even not PvE!) :-/

And regarding

make orbits super performant
boost living more on planets.

does it contradict to each other? “we have candy but you should not touch it”.
And please note that there will be absolutely NO space stations anymore. And no fights against spotted base and it’s defenses. Because who will need to pay tons of credits for base, defenses and staff?

regarding color code: what about making one circle inside another one? like outer circle represents space(green/red) and inner circle represents planets(filled red - all PvP, orange - mix PvPvE and green - all PvE) what do you think? like green circle inside red circle for Nox for example.

1 Like

CV class 3 or 4? You say global class 4 but the space discription say 3class CV !?

Class 4 of course. I have to update the descriptions now.
Lot of work doing everything alone…

EDIT: with the next restart most of it should be correct

1 Like

wont cb:reset put me back on starter?

It feels really strange PVP space being taxed I don’t see how you roleplay that at all.

Glad I have a penthouse at least I can park my cv without worry of tax. Just wish the Penthouse would let us add more storage. At the moment I use a storage sv in the garage. But that means I cannot bring another sv down.

Regarding taxes / the roleplay behind it: two key facts:

1. RP to get is not easy or like drilling some resources. Same as EGS Stealth. It should be like calling with a flat rate. You have to know when and what structure you want to be stealthin. However with the EGS Star, with more and more missions there is basically no excuse anymore to NOT get RP. And if doing your Origin stuff you always get RP. So either you picked the WRONG origin for your GAMEPLAY or you don’t care but want to cry. Wayne. We have for casual gamers origins and for tryhard gamers.

2. taxes for few players and knowing how taxes work is not that much. People crushing with million debts are most likely new. That happens. But again it really meant to:

Because even in PvP, in the Xeno / Nox Nebula the performance is crap because million stuff is parked there.

So yeah I know… forcing something with other forces without alternatives is maybe not so good. The alternative would be to make EGS Stealth for free but that is just silly in immersion way.
With the new universe layout it should motivate you also more to play on the actual playfield you are living on (due oneway warps).

Technically not possible at the moment.

Yeah good point… I don’t really care that much and if the 7th september will be really the case for the full wipe we might just skip the seizing stuff till then.
The motivation is that people don’t get a bad habbit and think they can yolo build now and are “shocked” if we implement it with season II again.

When does this begin? I sold items in Elemental ECC trading yesterday after this announcement and didn’t receive RP for it yesterday or today.

Did you place it in the trading station / Eleon marketplace or via ts:sell / HWS Marketplace?

Surface wipe removes placeables (autominers, hydro generators, etc.) and refills the ground to its default state and shape. Cored structures are not affected other than being buried.

So a simply dig out. That’s not to bad with the right equipment. Thx

As experienced with Golden Globe (and btw. the reason why I didn’t do it for every Homeworld planet although some cried for it) the surface wipe is a bad combination with sandwich planets. Deposits might move so your entrance to the underground base below the first bedrock are not reachable anymore easily.

Don’t know yet what to do except what I did with Golden Globe for now: removing the first sandwich bedrock layer… not cool but well… it was a try and surface wipes are more important than sandwich planets. So I might change all planets with a surface wipe to non-sandwich planets and we are good to go.

Still that means you have to drill out your bases again.

This by the way is the typical complain post again. First even you cried about no Gold on these planets and please surface wipe so there are resources and PvP again on it and now you complain because you have to drill it out again.
There is no better way. Maybe with 7.0 we have the option to regenerate deposits same as POIs. Until then we have to deal with it.

I went to the ECC planet, went to the HQ, went to the trading area (Elemantal trading), and placed a sell order. It was purchased.

I thought since you worded it as “Black Market / Elemental Trading” that both of them were giving RP now, and not just the Black Market.

If Eleon Marketplace still doesn’t qualify for RP then I am not sure what you mean by “Elemental Trading” since the Eleon marketplace is only found in the Elemental Trading areas.

yeah but still the thing is HOW you did it?

You went there, good. But you pressed F then on the trading device? A ingame popup came up with Wanted and Sell orders?

How much movement are we talking about? I see the benefits of the sandwich layer to PvP far out weigh the
difficulty of having to dig a longer tunnel. This feature all but replaces offline protection if the base is properly
built between them. It also opens up a whole new type of warfare. Tunnel warfare. Now Size class 1 don’t look
so bad :grinning:

edited: Perhaps a compromise would be to schedule it for the end of the first and second months
of each season. If the terrain becomes to bad say after a big battle then you do an emergency wipe.
There’s also multiple deposits so your base could actually be closer to an entrance.

Glad that at least some people appreciate my sandwich planet idea and cheering for it.

Moving of deposits would only happen if the seed or the amount of deposits changes. Both is not the case in the homeworld case so it should be same as before.

So since season II is soon anyways maybe we just give it a shot next week.

2 Likes

Concerning the new RP: Is there a certain time period where you must hold the 77mining cores, or a whole day without break or during a certain time of the day ?