since the 7.0 patch can be a bit delayed we can’t wait too much on the “showdown” day and regret any important changes.
So we decided to step into a continuous development / feature cycle.
But I am sure major season releases are still worth the changelog.
Anyways with the update on coming
Friday, 1th September
we will patch two big HWS features:
Everyone knows that HWS has a little inflation problem regarding credits what should not be the case. Not only RP should be worth for playing but also credits. It should matter if you buy an expensive Garage ship or whatever.
As a first big step we will change this behavior to get basically infinite credits alone from interest on the one hand but give players even more reason to play by the story line even after a new season on the other hand. Also to show our non-pay-to-win philosophy.
Changes (rest is untouched):
EB Bank Level 1
- 1% interest
- cost: free (everyone starts at bank level 1)
- you keep 250.000 credits after a full wipe
- interest limit 10.000.000
EB Bank Level 2
- 2% interest
- cost: 20 RP and 2.000.000 credits
- you keep 500.000 credits after a full wipe
- interest limit 20.000.000
EB Bank Level 3
- 3% interest
- cost: 30 RP and 10.000.000 credits
- you keep 1.000.000 credits after a full wipe
- interest limit 30.000.000
EB Bank Level 4
- 4% interest
- cost: 40 RP and 25.000.000 credits
- you keep 2.000.000 credits after a full wipe
- interest limit 40.000.000
EB Bank Level 5
- 5% interest
- cost: 50 RP and 35.000.000 credits
- you keep 5.000.000 credits after a full wipe
- interest limit 50.000.000
The big change is the interest limit and the dynamic keep credits after a full wipe now.
The first thing means you can only get the % value of your bank level of the proper bank level limit.
- You have 700.000.000 credits and Bank Level 5 means you get max. 5% interest of 50.000.000 credits = 2.500.000 credits (before you would have gotten 35.000.000 credits)
- You have 30.000.000 credits and Bank Level 1 means you get max. 1% interest of 10.000.000 credits = 100.000 credits (before you would have gotten 300.000 credits)
- First of all it stops the so called “stake holders” - one guy getting money from everyone reaching 1 billion credits in few days. It is nice to see player communication and cooperation “behind the scene” but that’s it. It should not work like this in a survival game in this extend. It is more fitting for a bank simulation game.
- Second it helps get rid of the big gap of “rich” and “poor” people by certain extend.
- Third it brings back the value of mining gold and play for gold again rather than getting rich by almost nothing via interests
- And last but not least as I mentioned you can keep 2.000.000 million credits only by playing the full story mode and upgrading your bank level rather than keeping only 250.000 credits by default. So you skip a whole donation option of 500k.
In combination with the still high upgrade price of the bank levels and reset of them each season there should be reasons to play for long term players.
Keep in mind that also the Buy RP EGS feature is also capped at max. 2,5 million now.
Disclaimer: we know that some people already got big advantage from it until now. There will be other things coming to fix this via gameplay (e.g. hacking) rather than resetting their OCD levels or Bank amounts
In combination of this Economy change and the change to three month per Season (Season I will be technically also a three month season) we change the formula of our Tax feature to punish rich people giving a cookie about the current Tax system and still parking happily in Tax zones like the ECC system and ruining a bit the fun of others by causing long render times.
Old Tax formula
Faction: All Faction Devices * 1000 / RP / Members (per day)
Private: Devices * 1000 / RP (per day)
New Tax formula
Faction: All Faction Devices * 1000 / RP / Members + Player(s) interest (per day)
Private: Devices * 1000 / RP + Player interest (per day)
Example (in combination with the Economy 2.0 update):
You get per day an interest of the max. amount of 2,5 million credits and have parked some ships in ECC Space.
This will just mean that the 2,5 million get on top of your regular tax bill per ship per day.
Basically just an addition of your interest amount or your faction members interest amount.
Remember that each player have to pay their individual interest tax per ship if it’s set to faction.
A big super rich faction for example will think twice now to park in tax systems. Poor guys on the other hand don’t have to pay additionally a lot.
We think the Player Interest is one of the best factor for prices and other calculations.
Keep in mind that we don’t have the automatic seize feature if you are in debt yet. But it will be the next logical step. So take taxes / debts serious.
Other than that I am working on the big HWS Connect update. It will be one of the biggest so far. Bare with me if it is sometimes under maintenance mode.
Your HWS Team