HWS 6.X.X teaser | A new EGS feature! EGS Stealth!

I think it’s a great feature! Well done everyone involved :grinning:

I don’t know how much I’d use it personally because it is somewhat hard to get RP as a hunter presently [hopefully that will change]. But if it achieves these things I’m 1000% in favour of it:

Yeah thats costs alot of time

Yes, currently, RP is earned not as quickly as we would like, but you are forgetting the fact that it can buy )))

Must be! 5000m safe zone for a stealth (no one other ppl or structures). Stealth countdown - 60 sec before activate. Or it will be the last nail in the PVP coffin.

I think this is a good development. I would include any structure (including bases) not on planets. You can build a base like CV anyways in orbit, so don’t see any issues with including bases in the mix. I am sorry for the off-line hunters, but you will have to find a new (and more honest) way to rob people… When they are actually online to defend their stuff.

I would mostly leave planets out of it. Make those places battlegrounds. Anybody who wants to have a nice Base fight (defending or attacking) can go there… Maybe for a few PvP planets make stealth possible. Not sure how that would work if 2 bases were build in the same spot or area and are unstealthed at the same time, so somehow you probably need to tag the area as ‘non-build’ spot. I can image some nice wars going on those planets, specially if you give them some gold asteroids to hunt after… Not sure if the 2000m would work though, e.g. if you have another base about 1K out of yours with a player in there, you cannot stealth. Maybe reduce to 500M or something.
I would just give it a try. Set up one of these planets and see how things work out (or not). Trial, error, improve :slight_smile:

We probably also need to have less PvE space because of this… Reducing the crowding on those places. And I assume that stealth also reduces the number of cores so reduces the workload for the server :slight_smile:

Maybe add a few dangerous but highly rewarding playfields in space (like the black hole). E.g. where you can buy cheap items from NPC or something or higher interest rates, or special POIs, missions, or better scrapping results (e.g. +1 or +2 levels on bank, scrapper, if you go to designated areas etc.). Also attracting Pirates and hunters (yes Tesla, I am thinking about you)… to get those CV fights going

@Mak Yes, everyone can buy RP for gold but it’s not like hunters or guardians earn gold any faster than the other factions. Unless I’m mistaken, presently it seems like the other factions (freelancers, pirates and traders) can earn RP easier than hunters or guardians can earn RP, so I would argue it might need balancing. Rather than hijacking this thread, I made a new one about it asking for suggestions/opinions: RP Points - Suggestions?

Can you explain more how you come to these numbers?

I could assume now that you want 5000 meter to exploit the feature as a radar but I would never do that, right.
2k is enough to 1. not get seen and 2. not get hit by any turret. But it is close enough that the chances are very very small that it can be used as a radar system. So good Arguments for that is needed.

60 seconds activation time is maybe in theory interesting but in reality it works like this:
open chat: ~1 second
typing the command + respond: ~ 1-2 seconds (or copy paste)
but the most important natural cooldown:
if you move your ship during or after you typed in the command your ship will be stealth at that position and not where you actually are. So the hole procedure is not meant as a quick escape - you will find out soon enough.

But yeah, if the community thinks a 15-30 second activation time is needed we could do it I think.

it only works if no enemy player is (online) near you (up to 2000 meter) ao basicly you have to disengage from combat to hide damaged ship as thats probably what its gonna be used for most of the time in PvP.

My first idea was ok so ill see im getting beating so ill just jump to stealth when warpdrive is gone, put all inventory in cargo container, safe ship and let me die with empty inventory. Which wouldnt be nice to do. We will see, values can be adjusted anytime to nerf this or boost this.

Lol Rexxx answered first, well, most important as usuall is to try to think out how to abuse this feature before it goes alive as thats what every tryhard will try to do.

Yeah cooldown might be good if we are supposed to do this only in noncombat situations.

Yes, I think 15-30 secs should be enough to avoid most of the ‘strategic’ traps, though experienced players can easily find out when they need to type the command to have it un-stealth right on top of another player who is chasing …

Question…

If I stealth faction structures, can other faction players ‘unstealth’ them?
may have been explained, but cannot find that answer…
If not, this may cause issues…

As Elfias said I’m sure everyone is happy to see how things play out and tweak as necessary. Having an activation time that is easy to the adjust in future would be great though, as an option. From my point of view, when it comes to an activation time for what is essentially offline protection I’m used to much longer timers. 5mins at least but perhaps even an hour.

Also I meant to say: I can understand why using it on planets could cause problems. But I like what @aernoud said about allowing it to be used on bases in orbit, if it’s possible. I love online raids not offline raids, so if it’s possible to activate stealth on a base in orbit I think that would be great. It would also probably help with server performance as it would encourage more people to build in space then stealth when they’re not online?

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:How bad you think of me. Ok just continue a killing the PVP gameplay. But i explain. This numbers goes from my experience. Visible distance is about 3km ±. I try to intercept ppl who run from me. Some times you can release he and watch from maximum visible distance where he go. And you have the opportunity to catch him when he relax and stop for refueling (for example). So 5k is good. But use it like a radar?! LOL even 10km not help you in the space.

But now with 2km… Ppl just little fly away and then BA-BAX he ship in the “house”(cloak) like in children game. ) But now with unkillable big CV he may just unwarp too.

P.S. I have felling this server go into PVE sandbox gameplay mode.

On Ju some ppl have very usefull ships. Lets go in that direction.
In PVE we can play in singleplayer and coop mode.

P.P.S Just my opinion.

P.P…PPP.S OK make 2km! but you see more CRY on forums. Some ppl will watch where the other hide their ship and put traps there.

Well we see here to many exploit chances. If there is a PvP base with good defences sooner or later the position is leaked. But if this base goes into stealth mode sooner or later the attackers come back and place stuff around that base. Since the base can’t move it will lead to the same Eleon Offline Protection problem we have now. Camping someone in offline protection which cause(d) a lot of drama.
Therefore only ships for now.
Btw. also relevant for PvE since griefer are the brothers of PvP.

No. You have to wait for the guy who put your faction ships into stealth mode.

with high power there goes high responsibility

there is a idiom (maybe from russia?)

give a dog a gun and he will shoot you

That means: we give people a tool / feature but what they do with it, is their game.

Because why the heck should a guy use stealth mode if he just was lucky enough to escape from your deadly turrets? Maybe you didn’t see the video but he will be in space then.

• if you fly to him he will die over and over
  • if he logs out you will camp and wait for him or build a base where he logged off.

Short: he would be stupid to stealth a ship during combat.

Same with that sentence. If people don’t be careful and stealth their ships straight infront of an gold asteroid in Black Hole… well this COULD go bad.
Maybe you still need to fly 10k out in space to find a perfect spot for stealth but not 50k at least.

Just use this feature smart, you know.

P.S. nice boat! Maybe we do a blueprint contest of the best sandbox blueprint

How many wolves do not feed it in anyway looks to the side of the forest. This is idiom from rRussia :grinning:

P.S. 5km range just give me solid proof that nobody watching for me. And it is all i want to say.

ok… learned a new one.

You know… these little things are the things which making PvP good, no?
You complained with the others that PvP is dead?!

If you don’t have a little thrill of “oh, is someone following me?”, “Am I’m safe here?”, “should I move on?”, “hey mates, cover my back”… then why removing this part?

Maybe you see some “hidden” intentions we have… sometimes.

About the activation timer: will think about it.

No it wouldnt be great. CV is good because you must not fly 50 km out. But base shouldnt be stealthy, that makes no sense and bad for pvp

Yes i know some thing to make PVP more good.

1. Two PVE starter plane - wipe 48h. Starter Orbit PVP wipe 24h one Moon on starter orbit (with sathium) PVP - wipe 48h.
  2. PVE planets only for donators (donator planets and one planet with penthhouses) and RP planets with TAXes. Three planet! 50RP (high taxes) 100 rp (medium taxes) 150 RP (standart taxes). 1CV\1BA\1SV\2HV faction only. 1SV\1HV private. Living on PVE must have RP cost too!
  3. ECC space - High taxes., 1CV\SV faction 1CV\SV private ECC planet - only SV (1faction\1private) - medium taxex.
  4. PVE\PVP rotation planets two of them (when PVE - taxes) 24h or 12h - only COMMON medium deposites resources.
  5. PVP (homewolrd) planets with all recources - big deposites.
  6. Blackhole\golden planet - GOLD only there. 2-3BA\1CV\5SV\5HV - faction (1CV\1HV\1SV private) (1CV for a weak PVP players or nubs for fast escape)
  7. Some NPC Missions playfields. One PVE space (wipe 12h) only 1CV 1class/1SV with one PVE planet with NPC bases for a missions some events and etc.

The major problem of 6,0 (and 5.0 partially) Is lazy ppl! They do not want get up their asses and go for resources. They sitting on PVE and refuel AM’s once per day. 70 ppl online but all systems are empty. So we need push they people. And all get fun. One for a catching anothers others from escaping.

P.S. This is fast presentation. ) But MOST important - SV must be 1 size class.

1 Like

Do you even have time to watch Spiderman movies (with all the work you are doing for HWS) :stuck_out_tongue: