HWS 7 | Origins [POLL]

I mean, I’d love a master plan that we can all read and know exactly what Eleon/HWS will end up being at full release… But that’s a pipe dream. How can HWS put together a master plan as detailed as you seem to want when every month something changes in the base game that completely throws off what you want to do? All these mystical references to architecture you keep making don’t really make any sense. When you build a house, or as you put it “rearrange the internal beams” (?), you typically know what building material you’re working with. In this case, they don’t. A roadmap would just piss people off because there is, essentially, no way they could reliably adhere to it at this point. Eleon, on the other hand, should be a bit more forthcoming about their game, perhaps.

Now I see the problem a little clearer. You’re making these posts from a standpoint of superiority over people with differing opinions.You start dropping these, frankly, ridiculous references to your career or some absurd architecture analogy to talk down to the many people that disagree with you, then say “time will prove me right”.

You’re being pompous. I’m not trying to be dramatic, it’s just how I see your posts. Constructive or not.

Hate speech? No one on these forums have spread hate speech. Strongly worded opinions? Sure, hate? no.

Nothing I have stated, states that I have a problem with you personally, nothing has been a personal attack. What I have criticized is the direction, or directionlessness of the server. You are not the server, I don’t know you outside of a random name you chose for yourself, and speaking as a professional from the creative fields… I would strongly advise that as you continue with your development of HWS, you install some form of emotional barrier between you as a person and the work which you preform.

Case in point, my work as a content creator in the 3d modeling world, writing, and advertising, do not represent me as a person, and despite harsh (which I have yet to even speak) criticism of my work in the before mentioned fields, I and my critics can sit back and enjoy each other’s company. Why? because we know that our criticism’s of each other’s work, improve our work and as time has progressed, our works sold better. Why else do you think that I can spend so much of my life playing a video game on your server when most people must work 50 plus hours a week just to eat?

I haven’t been trying to destroy you, I have been trying to help convince you to build stability in the server. Stability that attracts a player base that will stay, rather than the instability that shakes players away.

Alliance accepted ! how i want so bad too feel that again, not empty pvp planets.

Imo origin planets should be the main warzone like here :smiley:

and when you defend your base you should feel that :smile:

1 Like

It’s true in generally, but players who choose a game like empyrion generally likes deeper content. I voted for 5 origin with more differences.

What do you think to create a topic how players imagine origins?
For example I imagine hunters like Boba Fett from Star Wars or a Predator.
I imagine freelancer like pirates in Guardians of Galaxy.
I imagine pirates like in the old Freelancer game who hunts you on trading routes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

By having a plan which doesn’t depend upon Eleon or their changes. After nearly 2 years, there is absolutely been zero changes by Eleon which precluded a master plan for the server.

Let me try and draw up a simplified plan. A plan that the Origin introduction came closest to altering, but not really.

When I first came to this server, the server already had the backbone for the Origin system in place (HWS3). The player base rejected this concept then, as they do now. The player base who play Guardian (which essentially existed then), rarely did anything to protect the Traders (my faction had to become both traders and guardians for ourselves). So what does this mean? It means that the Origin system totally fails both the Traders (who as of HWS 6) were not meant to be an origin who conducted offensive operations… Yet they must, if they are to keep the wolves away, and the guardians are not dependent upon the Traders, for their daily bread, as is the case in a real world comparison. Guardians being the guardians of the stable empire built upon trade and economics, whose soldiers are paid thanks to that stable economic system.

How is this fixed? largely until you make the Guardian’s dependent upon the Trade Origins, you cannot.

Pirates/Hunters/Freelancers are all groups living outside or on the edge of the stable empire. As such, they should not prosper from the Traders, and nor should they really be able to enjoy the fruits of stability. Their lives are either spent to create conflict (pirates) or to exploit said conflict (Freelancers/Hunters).

Hunters specifically should have been hunting rouge Freelancers, and every Pirate (a automatic bounty for when hunters kill any pirate (limitation being 1 kill every 2 minutes when killing the same person, as to eliminate griefing)).

Freelancers specifically should profit from running missions, and gathering rare ores like Gold, Zac, and Est. which is no longer available in the stable empire.

Now if we go to a 3 origin system as the poll appears the server wants, we effectively eliminate Guaridan and traders / hunter and pirate. Merging both into a single group. This eliminates the dependency issue for the guardians and empowers the traders to go on the offense, while pushing hunters into the darkside of things, with the freelancers standing between.

This renders the Freelancers largely as redundant force with no meaningful direction, but isn’t that what their namesake is meant to be? Opportunist who can work for either side? In truth, the guilty rating should most directly hurt Freelancers, should they choose to side with the Pirates, as both of the extreme sides can kill the guilty freelancer then. The merged Pirates and hunters should not be allowed to gather bounties from the guilty system as they kill just to kill, freelancers however can, and to do so, is to work for the Guardians.

Do you see the roadmap in this? It incorporates what the Server had back in 3, and evolves along side, but not in direct opposition to Elion.

To make the Claim that time will prove me right, is to some extent being pompous, and I can accept criticism over it. But it isn’t a matter of superiority, there is only one person with the Superiority stick, Rex. That however comes with being the owner of HWS, and his right. Which if you have read my post, never once have I told Rex he has no right to do (insert), only that I advise against most of his changes (some things I have been proven wrong on), because they do not seem to be in line with any actual roadmap, plot, or story.

As it stands each origin name means nothing because at the time each origin has no common pvp planet to defend so its just an empty name.

Each origin should have one large indestructible base as their capital so as to confirm that this is indeed their planet! “This is called a strong foundation.” Naturally this is an ideal setting for the origin to get to know and become familiar with their fellow kinsman through battle in which communication, cooperation, and common purpose will be applied into action.

I hope this next season doesn’t feel like alot of half-sorted rolled up ideas were accidentally flushed down the toilet.

1 Like

Grabs some space popcorn…

1 Like

Yup, Origin planet should feel like its planet of that Origin thus Capitol. Capitol is good for Origin.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with criticism but there are multitudes of ways to deliver your message, and you choose agitation, instead of unbiased logic.

2 Likes

I vote for Other or 3 factions
RP is the biggest concern now.
getting RP quickest freelancer can do so, so that would be my choice, if nothing changes.
In turn with the changes, I will choose, the origin, that has the quickest RP route, with the littlest work.
IE if I have to sell something or kill someone, or depend on completely random circumstances, to get RP i will not choose that way.
Other - I choose no Origin.
This would require some heavy coding however…
I choose a new unique origin system.

1. starter planet does not designate your origin, only your actions do.
  • hard start - pvp mass aliens etc,
  • medium start less food resources etc.
  • easy start, start with everything, easy to fly off planet, asap.
  1. Action based origin choice VS. start pick origin.
    with action based origin, your origin does not define you, you define your origin.
    example - If you kill everyone, you are a pirate, If you are a justice warrior, and hunt down, others, basically a “vengance” or avenging someone who was wrongly killed, you are a guardian, , hunter has no place, because there are no features, to allow an origin for this, if they could cloak theyre bodies, and wait out a prey, like a klingon, and the guardians could detect their cloak, this would make more sense, other than that, hunter has no place here, though I loved the hard start.
    If I sell lots of trades on the BLM the game will realize this and give me unique “trader XP” which makes me a trader eventually, trader lvl 1 etc. the lvl would go up to 9999 essentially, and create more of a … higher-archy, of who is really a top boss in this universe. Though the rank is essentially meaningless, like the length of your bank account number, it does have a small yet good purpose.
    So certain actions, give you xp, relating to certain origins, which you can obtain. Of course, one will always be the dominate. If you simply warp around alot, but never sell stuff, you are freelancer.
    If you like to fight the pirates, you are guardian, so the game just knows this, and gives xp for it.
    No in game rewards for this xp, only bragging rights essentially.

3 origins better because SANC divided everyone
sanc reduced lag, so its good, but, just like an IRC-netsplit, it divided the entire EU server in half.
This means half the people, cut off. Half the players have to do more work to get to the ecc, so either dont go, or maybe dont play. I predict a huge drop off, from most of the donator planet players this next season.
But im not complaining, personally, I dont like the fact all those bitches are camping, on “special paid planets” including RED, and UP, and TCH faction. I don’t like that. Same reason I was kicked out of ECC. I was living there, but you could call it camping too, idk.
So because EU server player amount has been cut in half, from an average of 100 players per day, to now 50 players per day, less players, means more origins is pointless.

Recruiting new players is hard if there are more origins.
the easiest way to recruit new friends into your faction, is to choose the most common, easy start origin. Based off my idea, the start is just the start, your preffered play style. If I personally like hard, but easy is most common, then I screw myself, because I am now stuck with only players who like the hardest mode, yet is far less popular.

In this sense not locking into an origin from day 1, I think is a better way to unite the players, instead of immediately dividing them.

Give us a better chance to unite the origins, for more teamplay etc.

New universe play field: recruiting zone
this will be a space playfield, with no taxes, yet heavy class size restrictions like the old JU, class 1 CV etc, due to its obvious popularity. The purpose will be to create a PVE system, that, is exclusively designed to attract new members, and assist in members who are looking to join a new team. Each said faction could set up 1 faction base or cv etc, as an advertisement for their faction.

This would also hopefully cut down, on veteran players returning to origins, to recruit, and finally give us a chance, to meet up, and make new friends, as past ECCs, and EMs were not able to do that, and are not doing that now. The area would also have a small trader console, etc, so people could sell market things. or BLM things, which seems to be more popular now, than the standard console style. This area would most likely become the more popular area to hang out, aside from the ECC, and most likely make the ECC obsolete. So your choice what to do there. But this would definitely improve the game, and serve as a space different from the ECC, with a different purpose.

Lasting thoughts:
unite the people dont divide the people
actions determine origin, not initial button click
faction recruitment playfield with heavy class restrictions, allows more players to unite
easy, medium, and hard starts, are only starts, and essentially, you could go back to a starter, or change said starter, just for fun, if you liked, without a full cb:reset

what do you guys think?
-Doc Tha Cock - GPF - Galactic Pussy Fuckers (The best Faction on HWS)

I voted for the 3 Origins, but to be honest, it really doesn’t matter to me what you guys do. I’m more than likely gonna be playing here no matter what. :smiley: lol

3 Likes

This is how the server use to be back before the origin system, and it was in my view what grew the server. Since then, most everything that has been done, has been the server playing a dog chasing it’s tail to make each origin appeasing to a segment of players… Without the means by which to make each origin meaningful (Guardians dependent upon stability and a growing economy thanks to the traders and the traders dependent upon the protection offered by the Guardians that ensures economic stability).

Good example to this effect, and likely why hunter is going away.

I believe many of us asked for this ability in HWS 6, and said that this was why we had set up in the starter systems, so to help noobs we wanted to recruit. I believe restricting any long term structure to a CV would be best. It allows the faction to leave the starter world for the wipe, and to transport the new recruits when they have learned how to play on what should be an easier starter world than what is experienced elsewhere on the server. (starter world being a difficulty of class 1, while more profitable worlds be more hostile by way of increased drone, NPC, environmental, and of course player interactions for PVP worlds where zas, est, and gold are.).

perma PVE planets should be hostile environments, and perhaps renewed drone attacks on everyone’s base’s after a restart (twice a day). Thus forcing PVE players to maintain a battle ready base, built upon the need for combat (vs drone CV’s?).

Pls Rex don’t turn again origin in PVE planets…after one or 2 weeks we will have the same usual overcrowed planets and everyone will get bored and leave…i thought by now with all the previous HWS versions since 1.0…ahhhhh nooooo :frowning:

Imo there is no point in wasting so much time making good background story with origins to end up with PVE planets and zero action/wars.

1 Like

Why i can put only 1 like to post?!

Ok i think we are done here. 3 origins, all planets PvP, Origin planets defended by all from that origin as we dont want those bloody pirates to put their filthy hands on our Capitol. Now we need to get Jascha those cookies, close the thread and turn it on.

Uff i thought my waiting will never end. ANd somebody inform Thranir that its safe to go back. ANd give a call to Eleon that we need SVs to shoot again, its of utmost importance.
Unite, survive, conquer. This aint no Minecraft.

@Blackwing time to unleash that huge HV robot again.

3 Likes

I know Blackwing and I think you know also that “ally by default” didn’t work on HWS 5 as it just came out.
Especially new players were misleading by that ally thing and settled in PvP Origin. Then, someday his neighbour just quit the ally and boom, one guy rage quitted.
Maybe you forgot the drama back in the days…

That is the reason why people have to ally themselves actively.

So what’s left?
Origin planet with PvPvE rotation!? We had this too: nobody wanted to live there. And yes, even if we had common resources there, nobody would still except Thranir or you.
In 6.0 we ultimately tried the “Survive”, “Team”, whatever approach but also empty.

And again if you have an origin planet PvP what is the sense of it since only your own origin can enter. Trader killing Trader? Nope (since our idea didn’t work in 6.0).

But don’t worry about performance. Taxes in combination to the coming feature that if you have debt they will be set to public will be all good :+1:

What you want I think is a normal PvP planet called properly to the origin and hope that the Alliance will defend any sneaky attacks from Freelancer or Lawless or vice versa.
But common resources and the planet name is not enough I think. Don’t know.
It’s an universe topic which is very hard to balance PvE and PvP.
We will see.

Is it possible to forbid / block the unally option for the origin you choose, only option is to reset if you want to change origin ?

Rexxx i think that maybe factions of that Origin should get rep or something for living there. As some might be satisfied with pure roleplay rest needs reward. Being there should give some advantage.
That planet needs all kind of basic resources for sure.
Simply if theres a reason for Origin to defend that planet, they will. Its OP but imagine having 1.5x multiplayer for REP for example for defending it. I would defend.
It should be most atractive planet to live on right after Golden one.

Theres a lot of disadvantages like taxes for being somewhere, so you can track that. There should be bonuses too for being somewhere.

This wont work even if possible, its a bit too restrictive. There are already groups of ppl who trust each other. Ill gladly settle on Hunter origin with Blackwing, Thranir, ACM, TCH on one spot.

Anyone else willing to join is welcome. Let him break alliance and take out the bases, it will be the last thing he will do.
I prefer less restrictions for sure, freedom to do stuff. If we can track Guardians killing Traders, maybe we can also track Hunters killing Hunters and penalise them. Damn this of course wont work too as we will be penalised for defending, defeating them.

Maybe something like Hunter Council should take care of that. Player driven. If Hunter Origin votes to kick them from Hunter Collective they are not Hunters anymore.

And this leads back to Origin planet, with Origin Capitol, centre of Hunter Collective. @Israel_T-C will defend Capitol properly Im sure of it. To achive something we havent achived yet we have to do something we havent done yet. Capitol.

1 Like

Maybe faction only base restriction would help a lot. I don’t think private bases are necessary for this planets. Will the orbit PvE also? Players could create there private space stations. This way you can ban CV-s too from origin planets.