HWS 7.X.X PvP limit correction

Ahh ok few! I was getting the pitch-forks ready!

Or 12 hours?

The 0 private CV/HV/SV is just for PvP hotspot planets

1 Like

That’d be a lil’ bit too steep for my liking personally as some people work 12 hour shifts and can’t be expected to log-in then.

But that said, if this was applied to NA playfields and GG on EU was left with 1-day then i’d be cool with it.

Hell, with this idea you could even escalate it over time which’d be cool, so it could start on like 4 days, and then if people were doing their dodgy practices then it gets lowered slowly but surely, 2, 1, 0.5. Hehehe i like the sound of that! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Of course, silly me lol! Sorry! :slight_smile:

The global limit Rexxus posted above will give any 3-player faction 29 cores on GG if more strict planet-specific limits aren’t in place. I am against that. A 3-man faction can’t man more than 3 things at once. Why do they need 29 structures at once on a contested PvP planet?

Original chart is global. My original suggestion is for any single PvP planet like GG. I later suggested a global adjustment which increases the rate of growth per member by 4x compared to the planet-specific limits.

Translation of my earlier proposal:

Global:

Faction PVE: Faction PVP Faction PVE
per member
Faction PVP
per member
Player PVE Player PVP
BASE: 5 1 1,00 0,50 2 2
CV: 5 5 2,00 2,00 2 2
SV: 5 2 2,55 1,00 7 7
HV: 5 2 1,30 1,00 3 3
Except GG, Arma, etc.

GG/Arma/etc. Planet-specific limits:

Faction PVP Faction PVP
per member
Player PVP
BASE: 1 0,125 0
CV: 0 0,00 0
SV: 2 0,25 0
HV: 2 0,25 0
1 Like

naahhhhhh you just lagged the crap out of it and you dont need to ally with anyone you just bring your 30+ memebrs, and talk about abuse the exploits lmao taw and the zerg empire exploit all the time

it should be 2 hvs per faction memebr and 2 svs perfaction memeber as most that mine have at least 1 badger and 1 fighting hv and usuallly 1 sv miner and 1 sv fighter

1 Like

So you need an SV miner and HV miner on planet at all time? I think not

1 Like

With the new limits coming this Wednesday i’m not sure how larger factions like GRG are going to manage, we have approx 9 - 12 active members and we have spent quite a lot of credits on garage badgers to mine on golden globe, with 9 - 12 active members how are people able to continue mining and maintain base defense as well as offense? why not 2 hv’s per player? that would mean 1 miner HV + 1 defensive / offensive HV per player, it would make sense for larger factions given 10 HV’s is most definitely not manageable for larger factions, all it encourages is larger factions to split off into sister factions in order to accommodate these new restrictions, simply put with - 12 active players with miners puts us over the limit without even considering defense. Not to mention any planetary invasion force is simply going to split off into smaller factions to increase HV numbers but the only difference is they would have the advantage given they will not have mining vehicle’s adding to 10 hv cap.

Also no possible way to remove mining HV’s during prime time hours in order to increase defensive capabilities, i’m not saying there shouldn’t be restrictions but should be based on faction size so every player is able to mine as well as fight if they like, i suggest 2 HV’s per player which would reduce faction HV numbers but not in a sense that players would miss out on playing.

Food for thought, during large scale battles flying an SV is simply not an option with the lag / stuttering, in order to participate most players only option is to use a HV because the lag and stuttering is by far easier to manage in a HV over an SV.

My 2 cents,

1 Like

Why does each faction member need 4 cores on GG? You can only pilot 1.

You take the Badgers off planet and return to fight. Why should everyone suffer so that you can store garage miners for each member on or offline on an active PvP planet? Plus most use Raiders, not Badgers.

If would help a lot if HWS Connect would be able to pull from EAH the current rules for private/faction global limits and display them in Structure Commander along with current status, eg. 2 private BA from 3 globally allowed and 2 Faction BA from 3 globally allowed, same with SVs, HVs and CVs.

I got today a warning for global private BAs and I had some hard time figuring out in time where was the extra BA, it proved to be a cored POI I thought I recycled, and I assume I am not the only one which encountered this issue.

It’s ok, we can just pull a TAW and splinter off some members into new factions… All that would mean more bases, more assets, more lag, etc…

What will get better in the end? Nothing.

Have not logged in in almost a week. Log in at 9:50 Eastern time to see “Golden globe is nearing its limit”.

Am done before the day even starts. Logs off

Didn’t you guys already do this?

I’m pretty sure you guys did this last season. There’s complaints written on the forums about it somewhere, I can’t be assed to look it up at the moment.

I mean, it doesn’t bother me any, I dont mind playing other games while you guys abuse the system.

New core limits isn’t going to change much at the moment. Learn your logistics or suffer

All this will do is incentivize the splitting of factions into many-more smaller factions.

My proposal is simple: limit faction alliances to complement and harmonize with core caps.

Your proposal extends the problem with instead of a few medium and small factions uniting and core capping the planet “whether intentional or not” to having more multiple, medium, small, and even more smaller factions uniting and surrounding the planet which will core cap it anyways. Though i agree with you that with your proposal it will make it harder to do.

My proposal will make it even more harder to core cap a planet in terms of just one alliance doing it. If my proposal is applied there will be multiple alliances or single factions fighting each-other on the same planet on a regular bases which is what we want. Because if for example you can only ally up with up to 2 or 4 other factions your giving the single faction more value in the game.

Is there a way to say, your automatically allied with your Origin? Then make it so, you get bonus RP based off a formula? Say:

RP bonus = MAX(Faction Size/4, 0) So, factions of size 4-7 get 1 RP per day, 8-11 get 2, 12-15 get 3, ect.

Then give items that are purchasable with RP. For example

Land Claim Device = 10 RP
Off Line Protection = 10 RP
Other special devices… ect.

This promotes use of RP for items of this nature. And in theory, would promote Larger factions. We already have an Origin system which is supposed to be at war with each other, correct?

Limiting faction alliances is not something that can be done currently or in the near future. My proposed core count limits, as described, will make it so the entire peak population of the server would have to place max possible cores per faction on GG/etc. in order to core-cap it (or 1/2 the population of the server would have to use alt accounts to max their alt factions’ GG cores).

With an alliance group as big as the one GRG/OP4/etc. have become part of, the combined total defenders in your alliance during prime time would easily reach 15+ max HVs, before even counting SVs. It would require a little more coordination and active play from more members of the alliance if GRG doesn’t have 10 of their own (max at 12 members would be 5 HVs), but 100% possible. If you have 5 others in your alliance each with 2 HVs max, then that’s 15 HVs max right there. It’s up to you/your alliance to decide if you want them to be all base defending/attacking HVs or some mining HVs. Still sounds like you have a buffer to me; you’ll just have a harder time core capping the planet without using alt accounts.

Not being able to build allied bases anywhere near each other for shared defense would reduce the efficacy of 1-person factions because their towers can easily be taken down without active defense. 24-hour max ORP also encourages frequent visiting. 3-person factions will have 1 base and 2 people can use HV/SV while the other uses one SV/HV if they all are actively fighting. If their base comes under attack from the defending group while doing an all-out attack, perhaps some of the all-out attackers can pull off to defend their ally’s vulnerable tower.

I think reducing hv/sv/base limits reduces waste/excess core use on GG/arma/etc., and forces people to decide what they really want on at any time, but the primary goal is to reduce the abuse of core capping.

1 Like

@RexXxuS can you please lock this thread so we can stop this toxic behavior. Implement the rules, if they exploit more please just start issuing temp bans. Crabby out.

1 Like

Hmm i like your idea @form. I’d say let @RexXxuS give it a try and see what happens.