HWS 7.X.X PvP limit correction

Didn’t you guys already do this?

I’m pretty sure you guys did this last season. There’s complaints written on the forums about it somewhere, I can’t be assed to look it up at the moment.

I mean, it doesn’t bother me any, I dont mind playing other games while you guys abuse the system.

New core limits isn’t going to change much at the moment. Learn your logistics or suffer

All this will do is incentivize the splitting of factions into many-more smaller factions.

My proposal is simple: limit faction alliances to complement and harmonize with core caps.

Your proposal extends the problem with instead of a few medium and small factions uniting and core capping the planet “whether intentional or not” to having more multiple, medium, small, and even more smaller factions uniting and surrounding the planet which will core cap it anyways. Though i agree with you that with your proposal it will make it harder to do.

My proposal will make it even more harder to core cap a planet in terms of just one alliance doing it. If my proposal is applied there will be multiple alliances or single factions fighting each-other on the same planet on a regular bases which is what we want. Because if for example you can only ally up with up to 2 or 4 other factions your giving the single faction more value in the game.

Is there a way to say, your automatically allied with your Origin? Then make it so, you get bonus RP based off a formula? Say:

RP bonus = MAX(Faction Size/4, 0) So, factions of size 4-7 get 1 RP per day, 8-11 get 2, 12-15 get 3, ect.

Then give items that are purchasable with RP. For example

Land Claim Device = 10 RP
Off Line Protection = 10 RP
Other special devices… ect.

This promotes use of RP for items of this nature. And in theory, would promote Larger factions. We already have an Origin system which is supposed to be at war with each other, correct?

Limiting faction alliances is not something that can be done currently or in the near future. My proposed core count limits, as described, will make it so the entire peak population of the server would have to place max possible cores per faction on GG/etc. in order to core-cap it (or 1/2 the population of the server would have to use alt accounts to max their alt factions’ GG cores).

With an alliance group as big as the one GRG/OP4/etc. have become part of, the combined total defenders in your alliance during prime time would easily reach 15+ max HVs, before even counting SVs. It would require a little more coordination and active play from more members of the alliance if GRG doesn’t have 10 of their own (max at 12 members would be 5 HVs), but 100% possible. If you have 5 others in your alliance each with 2 HVs max, then that’s 15 HVs max right there. It’s up to you/your alliance to decide if you want them to be all base defending/attacking HVs or some mining HVs. Still sounds like you have a buffer to me; you’ll just have a harder time core capping the planet without using alt accounts.

Not being able to build allied bases anywhere near each other for shared defense would reduce the efficacy of 1-person factions because their towers can easily be taken down without active defense. 24-hour max ORP also encourages frequent visiting. 3-person factions will have 1 base and 2 people can use HV/SV while the other uses one SV/HV if they all are actively fighting. If their base comes under attack from the defending group while doing an all-out attack, perhaps some of the all-out attackers can pull off to defend their ally’s vulnerable tower.

I think reducing hv/sv/base limits reduces waste/excess core use on GG/arma/etc., and forces people to decide what they really want on at any time, but the primary goal is to reduce the abuse of core capping.

1 Like

@RexXxuS can you please lock this thread so we can stop this toxic behavior. Implement the rules, if they exploit more please just start issuing temp bans. Crabby out.

1 Like

Hmm i like your idea @form. I’d say let @RexXxuS give it a try and see what happens.

The part i don’t agree on would be the reducing base turret damage. I don’t see how that makes sense. Block count was reduced partly do to tank sv tanking bases.

Also if lets say its a 3 person faction with one base and two people can use hv/sv then how will the third person mine?

Also what if its a one person faction what are the core limits for him or her?

Further; i hear alot of this talk of people intentionally abusing core caps. You do realize that most of the core capping is not intentional? When a medium size faction for example goes into battle lets say 5. 4 use hv and 1 sv; once the battle is over they’v till got 4 hv and 1 sv what do they do with it just delete it?

Here is the reality that people who talk about core capping abuse don’t see. Lets say we have 6 active members they all spawn their sv for scouting, traveling, and fighting; and they also spawn 6 hv for fighting, and each has another one for mining which makes it 6 more. This is not intentional abusing. Its the limits of the game unfortunately.

1 Like

5 cores for 1-person faction. Since they can’t actively use all cores at once, and since the scaling system has to be on a strict rule, I selected that as a minimum starting point so the scale would be reasonable without becoming excessively high for really big factions. With current schema/plans, 1 person can put down 14.85 cores. Do they really need all of those?

3-person faction, unlikely they will all be present but 1 person can fly defense sv, another a defense hv, and the last person mining…or two mining, one defending with an sv…or the mining ships can have weapons and defense. If the small faction is allied with the other factions who are active on the planet, then the planet’s active faction alliance can come to their aid. So many possibilities, but it requires more participation and less leaving idle, extraneous structures always “on the ready”…helping to max the core cap on GG.

Last time I was around, base turret damage was buffed significantly and a cap was placed on tank/sv block counts, making it harder for tanks and much harder for svs to facetank bases. The damage reduction proposal is based on that info and the premise that a well-coordinated group of 3 people should theoretically be able to take down a single tower, while it would take closer to 6 people to take down two towers closely connected (e.g. a faction with 8+ members). If this is already possible without the use of hv/sv sneak-shooting over a hill, then a damage reduction probably isn’t needed.

2 Likes

I see but if all three are on and they all want to go mine together this means that one of them can’t mine. Unless that one buys a sv type garage mining ship which he unlikely can afford if he doesn’t start mining for it to begin with. And if he can’t mine then how will he afford to buy any garage ship?

Does this happen often that everyone wants to mine together in a 3-person faction on GG? It doesn’t seem unreasonable to have 1 defender and 2 miners. You should have an SV lookout/deterrent anyway.

This also places a cap on large factions mining, for instance a max of 5 people can be mining GG simultaneously (with HVs) in a 12-person faction. It caps all factions in that regard.

1 Like

Very few if anyone mines on an unprotected hv on pvp. Most if not all are armored up and have turrets so no real need for a sv guarding.

Also what happens if its a 4 man faction? How many hv can they use then?

1 Like

In that case 3 people would be limited to two HV miners, just like 12 people would be limited to 5 HV miners. The side effect is reduced maximum HV mining speeds for factions of all sizes beyond 2 members. If people are rich and want to buy garage miners, that’s up to them. For this purpose I’d encourage a 10-minute limitation on the presence of a CV with max somewhere between 100-200 blocks, accessible during any time of the day, so they can pick up their HV and leave. Takes about a minute to find your ship, a minute to land, a few minutes to get their HV docked and GTFO per say, and a minute to reach orbit. No tanky CVs coming in to push towers or linger for any amount of time. If they exceed time, it gets claimed by HWS or thrown out of planet. Max 1 CV doing this no matter faction size.

4-man faction can have 3 HVs on GG at once.

1 Like

I like your proposal of limiting core use so its harder to reach core cap limit but i’m not sure it will work. I’m open to trying it out though.

Again, big overall goal is to make each core count more. Yes 1-person factions can have 5 cores, but they can only use 1 ship at a time. 3-person factions can use only 3 ships at a time. They don’t need 27+ cores on planet at any time. Even 10-person factions don’t need 27+ cores on planet at any time. They have the ability to use a max of 10 ships at once, assuming they’re ALL playing at once they can have 8 ships on GG all being used while the other two people are doing other things. No leftovers, no excess cores. 12-person faction, 10 of them on GG, can have 10 ships actively doing stuff on GG. This is still beyond what’s likely to be going on at any point in time.

24 people in faction, 8 HVs at once, 8 SVs too giving 16 active ships - more than I’ve ever seen used on a single side of a big GG battle (because there’s almost never that many players playing at the same time even in big factions). Yes I have seen 8 HVs on a single large faction, but not 8 HVs + 8 SVs.

If people still make lots of 1-man factions and lay down ORP towers, then I’d still suggest having the ORP towers not be able to attack. I’d also suggest reducing the mining distance from enemy structures, down to about 100m, so those towers don’t claim large swaths of area for mining. Another way to reduce abuse.

However, I think the no-blueprints for base structures on GG plan will make placing bases much harder to abuse, so that would probably not be as much of an issue.

1 Like

Are you that much of a scum?

Then do it already! You keep telling me this and telling me that, come on, practice what you preach!

You are allied with 9!

You would be surprised, just look at Vandruis’ kill count and see how they refuse to defend miners, lol. We tried to tell them the entire first month but nobody listens while mining gold.

Right there with ya man… er Van.

1 Like

how about a secondary GG planet.

there i said it.

2 Likes

giphy%20(12)

No matter how much you attack EVERYONE else…
giphy%20(6)
It does not change the fact that your exploiting right now. (You being the alliance as a whole or in part)

I’m only one man in a faction that has alliances most of which were allied before i joined the faction.

About abuse and cores? Again i’m only one man in a faction but i do set a good example and only use 4 cores max on gg. 2 sv one private for storing things, one factions for fighting, and 2 hv, one for mining and one for fighting.

So you must love me now sense i use so few cores on the planet? :smiley: