HWS 8 | Current state info & feedback

Those rare resources are mostly needed for combat stuff. Sure you can be a guy only dealing with poi and need rares to support yourself but what is the point of playing exclusively in pve mp and not play in your private sp world.

1 Like

In pve rare resource are not needed.
You need some? Buy at market.
You need money to to buy at market?
Sell stuff.
Is my first season on this server and i made money selling weapons, autominers core, fuelcells and combat steel blocks. All resources that can easely finded on pve.
Iron, sathium, promethium.
You can make money and upgrade your autominers and BAM! free rare resources!
You need more? Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Disassemble Pois! Free Pve resources!

6 Likes

I agree with Pax here, rare resources should be only on pvp but with a very large amount to reward them and to attract them like flies to a light. This will likely make more pvp happen because getting those resources would be so essential that it would be worth dying for. I can already see the battles this would create. Fun fun fun… :grinning:

Also Rexx and Jascha good luck with the new changes. Keep it up fellows!

2 Likes

as its been said before, the Current cost of making weapon ammo is too massive to swing pve players into a fair fight.
by restricting access to resources required to build useful ammo, you only slant the playfield to favor the people that have enough resources to build good ammo.
OAM isnt sufficient enough for building the ammo you need.
OAM doesnt fill over night either.
you lot are looking for easy kills, admit it.

1 Like

If you explore properly your pve environment you may know that the ammo are really cheap.
You can buy 900 autoguided missiles for only 31.500! (YES NINEHUNDRED)
An example: How to make 31500? Sell 3 autominers cores (you can get easy tons on poi)
This is one but there are infinite ways on making money living on pve.
I wont tell you my secrets on making easy money… just discover by yourself.
But today i am a gentleman and i teach you another secret…You can craft weapons like autoguided t2 missile launcher and sell it for 20k each (requires no rare materials)
You can buy CHEAP stuff from vendors. YES VENDORS with RP points.
Just open you eyes. Server description says HARD, and atm is really easy.
Is my first season here and i have upgraded bank at level 5 buying selling stuff found on pve. Just look at the market, play your pve game.

FIRST SEASON :slight_smile:

The real question is why you need rare ores if you want to play pve?
Once you builded your shiny Capital vessel and your shiny pve small vessel you start to stock a massive amount of resources.
For what? :thinking:

1 Like

I think in the next wipe; planets like Golden Globe and Armageddon have 0 bases. Make it so the valuable planets have to be ‘actively’ defended if you want to own it with ships and hover craft.

I’ve been a part of the group who has owned the Gold planet and a part of the group who hasn’t.

Large factions just bunkering on the planet makes it a lag fest affair by piling base on top of base on top of base in one area. That, or extend the limits of how close two allied bases can be by about 1.5 - 2 km.

What you should do with GG is disallow everything but SV with 750 block limit. Make people mine the gold by hand, make it much faster of course, but ensure they they either have to be very brave/lucky to go it alone or bring a squadron of fighters for protection. And when fight’s ensue they will be quick and bloody. The gold will have to be limited to a small area or areas to make it work.

I had something typed out explaining why this post is absurd and annoying, but I’ll just say this and nothing else: get over yourself, man. People play differently, and no one cares how much you have after 1 season. Rexxxus has said on numerous occasions that he wants a balance for both PvE and PvP oriented players. He also wants this server to be at least moderately noob-friendly. Forcing new players into PvP areas to gain resources they need to compete in those areas makes no sense, especially when you have players here that have been wrecking noobs since day 1 of Empyrion… Until he changes that stance, rare resources need to be available (at least in small quantities) on PvE planets… at least IMO

The only thing that i find absurd is that rarest resources are found in pve environment without HARD pois defending it. Now you need to go on strayom sector place autominers t3 on top of deposits and come back the day later to collect 50.000/100k ores without doing nothing except fuel them up.
You can delete more than half map because of strayom sector. No one need to mine on pvp.
THIS RUINS THE GAME AND THE ECONOMY.

From dictionary

• rare
    (of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often.
    (of a thing) not found in large numbers and so of interest or value.
2 Likes

If you get to the deposits first you can place your autominer there anyway, if somebody doesn’t come along and mine the deposit out from underneath the autominer.

If you place an admin cored POI you can’t mine underneath nothing.
Want to collect your autominer? Then destroy the turrets first :slight_smile:
Just make some specifically designed POI or use the alien sector ones with some missiles and flak turrets and pve will be balanced. People will start flowing into pvp sectors to mine rare stuff.
Want Pve planet with rares? You need to EARN those resources.
Make limits on those planet like HOT pvp zones. Newbies will start to understand how to build class 1 HV/SV and start to understand those limits. So once they are bored from pve they will take a step further into pvp limits and they will be ready to leave their pve comfort zone.

3 Likes

Planets with rare resources are not ruining the economy.

fa:supply, do:packages, and orbital auto miners… they are ruining the economy. Planets are actually the last thing ruining it.

1 Like

Who are you really… you can’t be this thoughtful and just be some scrub lol. I love your counter arguments! Keep up the good work.

Well sort of. You can go to Lava or Iceworld and mine all the Zas and Ere you will need for a month in a hour or two if you know what you are doing.

There should be a gold-lite planet for that. The existing GG is fine as it is. The problems on GG now are more caused by the player base than the game itself.

Not my fault.

Ok, it’s my fault.

1 Like

why would you care if pve people gathered resources?
you want a CV or SV/HV fight, take it to someone that wants one.
just because you shoot down some pve people, doesnt mean you’re gonna hold up against a gang of ships coming for you.
Or you are trying to drive value in the resources you are gathering? This would be a means to game the market by taking risk that others are not, and securing a higher price for your ingots or ores.

Some stuff requires zascosium and neodymium to produce, and have you actually looked at how much erestrum alloy you can make from a full OAM? its peanuts.

POI infiltration is only good if someone else hasn’t raided before hand, and honestly who wants to farm POI? its slow and tedious. also you are not guaranteed anything if you die and someone else is also raiding. its actually quite a pain.
and most of the time the items are somewhat random, so there wouldnt be any guarantee you get what you went in for.

you got 85 million credits in your bank account from farming just POI and PVE this season? i really doubt that claim, (remember farming POI is slow and tedious).
also just because you were able to dupe people into buying stuff like a T2 rocket launcher for 20k, doesnt mean that is going to be a consistent income for everyone else. you simply took advantage of someone that either needed it really badly or didnt know better.

Yeah replacing Zas Ere and Gold on PvE with POI based resources or maybe some asteroids would be good idea.

Most of the time those donor planets only have 2 common resources like a pve planet would have. And everyone in the faction or factions that share that planet have to share those resources too. Not to mention even on donor planets some are mining out the resources instead of placing autominers…:open_mouth: