HWS 8 | Current state info & feedback

yet you can ask for rare resources

Edit: as discussed with SWF below, it was made clear that the resources on a donator planet do not allow for private rare deposits, the planet would have to be made PVP unrestricted.

I hope that clarifies this post to anyone that may be confused.

Hrrmmm. True. If I’m not mistaken it would have to be a pvp planet then. I’ll check the guide out to verify :wink:

yeah you need a pvp or pvp/pve rotation

NO NO NO.
If someone take a donor planet cannot have rare resources until is PVP UNRESTRICTED!!!
I dont like people who talk without knowing stuff. And you are one of them.

4: PvP unrestricted
Choose up to 7 total common and rare resource types (all except Gold)
(maximum ~50k deposit amount - maximum 3 ore nodes / asteroids per type)

Please stop. Every time you reply you are spreading wrong information and you are being more and more ridiculous.

If you want easy stuff just go in
Single player
Creative mode
Press H

And BAM! TONS OF MATERIALS!!!

so ad hominem

ok and you think im the one who is ridiculous in this thread.

At least my informations are right .

¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I really have a difficult time understanding why the group seems to want people to go into pvp areas to get rare resources at all. Some people enjoy PvE and some people enjoy PvP. The server has a lot of things to offer that other servers don’t, and just because you don’t want to PvP, that doesn’t mean that you want to play single player. I played single player myself for 500 hours or so before I tried out multiplayer for the first time. I think the multiplayer is quite a bit more fun, mostly because of the extra features that the server offers. Also I can occasionally go into PvP areas when I feel like it, but I don’t have to stay there all the time.

To me, it makes the most sense to cater to both groups of players. If the server wants to cater to both PvP and PvE players then it should have areas that are designed so that everybody can do what they enjoy.

If you want to encourage more PvP from the PvE players, then maybe some of the less awesome designed PvP ships should be put in the garage for sale. They wouldn’t need alien cores or anything, just not like the workshop ships which are usually just designed to look cool. They also don’t need more weapons/items or whatever than standard ships can have. Just something that people can fly to get a taste for PvP before they start designing ships of their own or get into the faction battles, if it turns out that they enjoy it.

this is your 2nd ad hominem attack.

It isn’t, though, since you still seem to have some sort of hope that this will become a PvP only server. Unless I’ve missed something, the admins have repeatedly and consistently expressed their desire to cater to BOTH PvE-only and PvP players. Though, I will admit, I like your idea of putting rarer resources behind POIs in PvE environments. Although it’s super easy to circumvent, as previously mentioned, by Do:re, fa:supply, etc…

Veni vidi vici. Your I.Q. isnt getting higher using latin words.
Sorry bro.

3rd ad hominem attack. keep going.

I have to agree with Pax, place those rare ores or ingots in some POIs, but just like the SP route, not in any meaningful quantities. IF they are in significant quantities then the POI will constantly be farmed out. Same as with deposits, meaningful quantities of eres zasc and gold will be farmed ASAP after a server restart. I’m not saying to not allow it at all, just not allow it in a large quantity. I could care less about 20 gold ingots at the end of a POI but not multiple stacks, unless it is a hard POI that you have to go in on foot for an hour. Any resource on PvE is going to be mined out in no time, doesn’t matter the size, if it’s not a common resource (iron, copper, silicon, etc), the rarer it is the harder it should be to acquire a decent quantity. Same as SP.

I am explaining my point of view.
You are spreading misinformation.
Stop hiding with the premade phrase Ad hominem attack and explain why you need NO EFFORT RAREs on pve (read the meaning of rare on dictionary)

I think rare resources should be available in pve in limited quantities just to allow the construction of high end equipment. But as is already implemented to some degree, much more of these resources is required to support a pvp fleet in the form of high end ammo costs. Erestrum gel anyone? You don’t need homing missiles, plasma or artillery in pve so the pve players won’t be disadvantaged by not being able to arm these weapons properly. But pvp players will need lots of rare resources to sustain their thirst for ammunition, which would only be found in large quantities in pvp space

i did not spread misinformation lol.
and obviously you have no idea what ad hominem attack means.

I would like to see the “pvp” resources shifted more toward magnesium though as it isn’t required to build any equipment, and so wouldn’t limit pve players’ ability to build things by having a total lack of it. Maybe remove the mg requirement for dumbfire rockets and add it to the other high end ammo

People in PvE shouldn’t be penalized on resources for being in PvE.

The people who like to 100% PvE are not, in any way, impeding people who like to PvP. Forcing PvE players into PvP doesn’t give you “more people to fight”, it just makes them leave the server.

What PvP people need to understand is that the people in PvE never going into PvP space doesn’t affect them, at all, ever.

However, give PvE players enough resources to build a battleship… they might venture their way into PvP occasionally and give you a fight. Take away their resources, and they’ll just leave the server.

5 Likes

PVE
Player Versus Environment
The challenge of the environment is “put fuel in your autominer t3” ?

Player versus environment, or PvE (also known as player versus monster, or PvM in some communities), is a term used in online games, particularly MMORPGs, CORPGs, MUDs, and other online role-playing video games, to refer to fighting computer-controlled enemies—in contrast to PvP (player versus player)

:thinking:

1 Like

It’s a very demanding task.

For instance I only use homing rockets on stationary targets. I use dumb fires on lizard mules.