HWS 8 | Current state info & feedback

Hey @everyone

sorry for so many updates… Alpha 8.2 brought in some serious problems I will explain below:

1. A resumed savegame from Alpha 8.0 is not 100% compatible to Alpha 8.2 anymore. POIs and Asteroids do not regenerate anymore for example. Personal Container got fixed today but requires a regeneration. Hence I have to manually visit our hundreds of POIs with Personal Containers.
    Also Flying Structures with SI: Off (EGS Flying City) do not have this property anymore, hence they collapse after a while.

2. Ships have sometimes very weird coordinates of XX AU or still some Ghost ships here and there. Also coming from the Alpha 8.2 patch.

3. since the HWS Config will have a big impact on your gameplay I need more time with testing. Sorry, I announced it too early. I also decided to make more screenshots and/or videos to show you the new changes.

So… after all of that, additionally I have to make a short trip from Friday to ~ Tuesday. :motorcycle:
I could release the HWS Config tomorrow maybe but if something isn’t good, the weekend would be chaos. So I would delay it best to next week.

Just for your information and before you write too many support tickets with “XY does not regenerate”.
I try to fix stuff along the way until we wait for the next season.
Maybe Eleon can help server owners as well to make it work during runtime.
Will keep you informed.

• But what are your experiences so far with DSL / Alpha 8.2?
  • What do you dislike the most?
  • What do you like the most?
  • What are you looking for in Alpha 9 / HWS 9?
Your HWS Team
1 Like

I am personaly expecting more balanced PvP and less lagshots in over all in Alpha 9 i ll hope there will be special abilities weapon for example disaple warp of enemy ship, or slowing their speed etc…

3 Likes

Hoping for a faction size tax or extreme, unimaginable drone attacks on any base at GG. Really loving the missions, still trying to complete ninja mission.

Haven’t noticed any problems with gameplay in 8.2 except for the missing NPCs in flying city.

Would like to see information on the new HWS ships, currently it’s a gamble to buy one in case it isn’t what it looks like due to lack of information.

I’d even make manuals on the ships myself if I could spawn them in creative and then post it all.

1 Like

Hello RexXxus,

thank you for these comprehensive informations.

Since it is an Alpha, errors like these are expected with every Update i guess.

I like the most new Icons, which are more realistic and sometimes better to remember… (No on can forget that pink meth, eehm i mean the pink pentaxit… :stuck_out_tongue:

I did not have noticed performance changes, since the most people parking directly arround the Supergates…

For HWS 9 i wish a tax zone arround these gates, with no mercy, maybe you can bring up 4 warnings, like with exceeded limits, too?!

Thank you for your hard work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not played enough 8.2 to offer a balanced opinion at the moment

But for Alpha 9.0 I am hoping that the poi, drone, deposits, asteroid etc respawn on servers becomes stable and working.

Then I hope the potential benifit of DSL will allow a great increase in content, which HWS can take advantage of.

Possibly worth an ideas competition for creating HWS content (not just more poi’s - though we should be able to increase the numbers).

For example separate a group of planets as a separate cluster (alien?) But make them only accessible via a space playfield with HWS super star gates at ether end of the playfield. So you have to warp in and cross to warp out again. Then fill this space with an asteroid field, lots of drones, alien space outposts (with a frequent respawn rate) and make it PvP and you have a dangerous transit route, which Pirates will be drawn to. Add some missions which require you to transit from one side to the other (a special delivery etc) and if starts to get spicy…

… the possibilities are vast

1 Like

I see your image of serenity and raise you one of chaos. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s working but it’s not working. :wink:

4 Likes

yeah so I can attest to weird 8.2 behavior.
Each one of my spawned SV or HV will shoot off into deep space randomly upon playfield load.
(oddly however, my ships are fine if I just freshly load into the server)
For example if i fly into Peace Keeper West, one or both of my SV will shoot off random distance into space, anywhere from 70 to 911 AU out.
I can reproduce this behavior every time.
Fly into sanctuary orbit, then back into space, poof, my HV is 30 AU out.
Jump to ECC and back, poof my SV are 910 AU out.

On a fresh server load, the ships will be at their original location, right on my Base parking platform.
its madness.

It doesnt happen to either of my CV.
Im wondering if perhaps I recycled my SV and HV, and just spawned new ones if this Anomaly would continue?
(I have 10minutes of this anomaly documented on video. The video proves that it is reproducible every time I enter Peace Keeper West, I could upload it, but its rather boring just watching me fly around)

Hey! My few words.

Personally, I am little disappointed that with each update, PvE player opportunities are cut and cut, to the point where you can’t mine any ores in PvE space anymore. (planet deposits are a joke). Its really hard to get any even basic materials on PvE playzones.

2 Likes

I would like to see asteroid fields abolished. Those are really hard to find resources compared to asteroid belts. Sometimes it’s hard to balance resource glut with resource lack.

I feel sorry for you Rexxx as you was so excited about 8.2.

1. I dont even know if this DSL is on. It seems to me that i have beter fps when im not in combat just flying above planets. But on planets i always have 60. In fight i always have 0, but it must be on GG. This evening I had 0 in encouter with 1 OPG SV, me in CV. Stuttering was insane. When OPG CV showed up i was glad i made it to safety piloting like drunken sailor. I guess ill reather work, its more fun.

2. Most of all i dont like Repair Bay, for me its end of auto repairing so Im back in 1.54 but with less features (ingame). I was so excited about R2T. All hail Green Box of Madness.

3. I like Autominer core icon the most :joy:

4. For Alpha9 Im looking for PvP update. Same as in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
    For HWS Im looking forward for community becoming friendly, stoping unnecessary dramas and me stoping being sarcastic ■■■■■■■.

Nah we are getting there it only pains more and more. Group setting for turrets? How convinient is that, eh? :heart_eyes: (its very convinient)

5 Likes

I will keep it short and simple. DSL has been nothing short of a failure for the most part. It’s not just on HWS but the same symptoms have been occurring on multiple servers. You login and all your ships are parked where you left it. The next time you login your SV is now 40+ AU away from you. You relog and now your SV is beside you but now another SV is at a pole. It’s a constant cat and mouse game with DSL and disappearing vessels. So much for keeping it short :slight_smile:

As for performance increases, I haven’t really noticed that much of an increase during engagements. I have however noticed longer load times between warps and longer server load times (again across multiple servers).

I know it can be frustrating with all these issues that seem to slide past experimental and crop up in stable as a result of higher player load but know that we all appreciate the time and effort you and Jascha are putting into all this.

1 Like

i believe this to be an incompatibility with earlier save states like 1702, 1707 seems to have issues with older save states…

1 Like

I have noticed the weird vessel issues myself, but not as frequently as some of the others have. Performance wise I see faster load times when the game reaches the structure loading. Planets still take a while to load. Would be nice if there was something done to improve load time of planets, maybe dynamic texture loading or some such, once they get the issues with dynamic structure loading all ironed out.

I like the possibility of vastly more structures per playfield the most. I don’t know what the server cost will be for this but hopefully not too resource intensive to allow more than 255 structures.

I am not a big fan of some of the icons, I think they need better indicators to tell if they should be on SV,HV,CV, etc.

As for HWS. I wish that the PvE limits were a little bit higher for vessels. I find myself needing about 1-2 more SV and HV than I can currently make in PvE with a 1 person faction. Again, don’t know what server cost would be to allow somewhat more. I know the playfields were overcrowded before the 8,2 update, especially PvE playfields because of the limits. I would suggest a test playfield at some point prior to the next season that has a very high structure limit to test stability/server resource cost, even if it was build at your own risk. Not sure if it’s possible to add this during mid season or if you would have to edit an existing playfield. (possibly open warp lane to mission planet for the purpose near the end of the season?)

I also agree with XXSWFXX, asteroid fields are spread out so far they’re difficult to find anything in. Asteroid belts are nice though. They are especially good for newer folks because the resources are easy to find and don’t take a lot of time. Maybe asteroid belts with one common ore that’s different in each of the lower pve playfields for next season? I don’t actually mine much anymore myself. My observation is that most of the mining is done in the early part of the season or by new people, possibly also by PvP heavy factions that are loosing a lot of blocks that need to get replaced.

Still wishing for better RCS/Thrusters for HVs.

TLDR, Stress Test higher structure limit before next season, asteroid fields bad, asteroid belts good, “slightly” increased limit for PvE playfields, more deposits.

PS. Maybe have a few parking lot playfields next season that can be accessed via supergate, so people don’t fill up useful PvE playfields with idle ships.

1 Like
  • Smaller Planets.
  • Asteroids belts.
  • More Supergates especially in pvp zones.
  • Remove rare resources from pve. (erestrum, zascosium, magnesium and gold)

That would make Hws perfect.

5 Likes

I hope for more fair play fields for pvp and pve. Definately not suggesting spamming pve with resources but you can be more demanding of the big fat pvp factions. Decrease structure limits in hot zones, lower class ships, stargate only access for pvp areas as you suggested before. Please implement a large clear zone for stargates considering dsl range.

I belive pvp pve rotation planets also asks for some love. They have promising mechanic but useless state atm. Right now current ones are just pain to live in. They are just big blobs of nothing. Very few things to offer with very bland existance.

You are a great host. We love you

2 Likes

Well game itself need pvp improvements really badly. Loading is buggy sometimes and i actually managed to clip into some buildings, animals keep spawning in my base.
Also HWS itself need to loose up rules about turret and block clipping, pvp changed from player vs player to players vs rules. I start to think that most big pvp factions spend 45 % of their time using glitches and breaking the rules, 45% reporting them and 10% is actual combat.
I know ordnung muss sein but it is way overboard at the moment.

I would like to see a Better Rules system per season . Rule changes in the middle of a Season because people complain because they lost is not right . Which ever side lost should learn from their mistake’s . Make better ship’s , base’s , make Allies with other Faction’s …To simply Change the rules in the middle of a Season should not happen .

Many people Stopped playing this Season do to this . And to Blame in on Lag or Performance is not good either .There are Many people that play and have great performance or no Lag . So our game play has to suffer do to either people do not know how to play or have bad computer’s / Internet speed .

I understand if there was Cheating . That is a Different Story all together .

I am simply talking about Changing the Rules mid Season . Set the Rules for that Season that way everyone know’s what is going on . And there doesn’t need to be Drama or fight’s on the Forum’s .

That is what I would like to see in 9 … Come on hater’s lets see those comments lol

1 Like

For HWS 9:
Weaker factions needs planets where they will settle down and gather enough of resources that when they will be wiped but they will still have feeling of victory as they moved a bit up to being rich and can try to settle down on different planet for different resources.

I scouted Sathon and Homeworld. Homeworld would be nice if not broken, i would say it could stay class 5 even with all resources but not bugged. ok class 4. Its interesting to have 1 such large planet. Ppl can hide there easily. It might be good for gathering stuff.

Sathon…no way to go, empty, resources there not worth hours you need to find them. If planet dont have all resources only one major, it should ahve rest of at least common resources above in asteroid belt. We are lazy.

Thing is that we want to gether all in one place, I dont want to go to space, to stealthed CV, unstealth it, go to ECC, fly to Gas station, go down to planet, take out from AM, go back. Two hours later Im finaly back with some iron for Zascosium Base. So give us little of all and a lot of one resource.
Nobody is settling down.

Jupidor, Sathom - no good, Homeworld would be so cool if working properly. Maybe even SWP would return to capture it once again.

cruise

[SWP] @RemMak on photography above.

P.S. Theres no need for AG zone around deposits on PvP planets, ppl should be able to build base over deposits to capture them. Resources must flow!

2 Likes

I second this. With an amendment to fix resource regeneration or make deposits only mineable off starter planets with autominers perhaps.

you want a pure pvp server.