HWS 8 | Current state info & feedback

The point isn’t that the pve players are impeding the pvp players if they had resources but what would happen is pvp players would immediately farm out all the easy to obtain rare resources in pve areas as soon as they reset if there was any significant quantity. So the problem is pvp players looking to get an edge on other pvp players would impede the pve players in the process

1 Like

Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I’m talking about or why I’m talking about it.

You can’t “farm out” resources; as soon as you farm out a resource a meteor falls and fulfills a new resource.

The first weeks of this season, I spent 100% of my time in PvE… I mined out all the deposits, specifically, so I would get meteors to fall because they are easier to find/mine. In a couple hours I would have stacks upon stacks upon stacks of resources from farming meteors. For instance, on Ori, in the meteor field, I would literally have several Erestrum meteors sitting within visual distance… yet people were complaining there were no resources while they were falling from the sky. :confused:

People forget those things exist.

1 Like

I’ve been on Ori since near the start of the season and I haven’t figured out where those meteors are falling yet. I know that they do, but they are in part of the planet that I haven’t explored or I was zoning out from flying forever and didn’t notice them when I went by.

I do like the meteors, I just wish that they would show up with the detector like regular deposits.

Meteors always fall along the equator… and if you’ve flown around the whole equator and don’t see a meteor, it means the resource hasn’t been mined out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My point is you can’t put tons of every resource available in pve to assist the pve players because it would just go to the pvp players anyway who tend to be much more aggressive in gathering up resources when they can. There has to be some kind of divide either where pvp/pve players can’t cross into each other’s territory very often or the resources they require are different. Otherwise it’s always the pve players that are going to get the shaft

PvE and PVP do not affect each other, at all.

Generally speaking, PVP people would much rather be PVPing than mining; so, they’re not going to spend all their time in PvE space mining when they could be in PVP space hunting for a fight or building the next great PVP ship in creative.

Limiting the ability to interact between the two would be bad direction.

I agree on both points. But there’s also a threshold where if resources are too easy to obtain, destroying enemy ships and bases becomes less fulfilling. On a previous server we ran into this problem after spending a few hours a day every day taking down 15+ bases. And having 100+ ships parked in our territory ready for battle and the resources to replace them all

They cannot have rare resources and be restricted.

see the following 2 posts from that one.

Nope, I don’t see them.

I guess i should edit the post you replied to so you wont be confused going forward.

Exactly, as I said you cannot ask for rare resources and have the planet be restricted. If you ask for rare it hS to be open to everyone.

this was covered yesterday. sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is not the same subject but it’s an important proposal, check it out. Fixing The Tax Problem with EGS:Stealth