HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

Can we get terrain reset daily around bases on the hotspots ?

3 Likes

The original idea was the best. The planned compromise will be ineffective. 100 block CVs are just perfect, just as size1 bases on hotspots.

1 Like

All of your ideas are ineffective.

1 Like

Huge fan of HWS.
I like the ideas I’m seeing here - bigger limits per server (so each player in a faction can have a ship or two of each class, but have them as a global limit.) Um, 100 block CV maybe a little extreme :~) I just bought an alien core so I can fly something heavy enough to go wherever I feel like going. I like the idea of PvP, but tend to play games like Elite when I want a lot of combat (not to mention flying in the cockpit with VR). I understand the draw, but also understand that the servers just don’t have the resources for a voxel-based PvP game. I feel like losing a ship in this game should be a little costly, time-wise. (makes the throwaway SV’s a better deal). Multiple servers (financial commitment from players) is the only way I see around it if that kind of performance is desired.
Some ideas to improve PvP performance - maybe fewer guns, but ramp up the damage? That way the DPS stays the same, but less memory used to track each projectile/rocket/whatever, particularly tracking weapons.

How deep to bedrock on these planets? I’ve never tried to find out, but I imagine that would be a good way to cut the RAM. Awesome, awesome concept. Would love to see it grow.

1 Like

Smaller Limits on ship size across the board is not a bad thing. Honestly has anyone ever lost a well built class 7 CV to anything other than lag/disconnect/bugs? They can soak up an incredible amount of punishment before taking any meaningful damage.
Personally, I have more fun fighting in smaller ships, especially small SVs. Even a class 1 SV with less than 2500 blocks if designed properly can take several hits from a fully armed base before becoming disabled, just did 2 days ago and the ship survived and still warp capable, so don’t use the argument that they die instantly.
I’m of the opinion that in PvP, ships should be lost regularly. That doesn’t mean that they should blow up instantly or that you should never be able to escape a battle, but that it shouldn’t take 30 minutes to drill through your armor to actually hit something vital. I wouldn’t be opposed to a class 1 limit for all ships across the board. But since many people need to use their CV as a mobile base with all the production and storage facilities to support themselves or their faction, I’d recommend class 3.
Because bases are often assaulted while the defenders are offline or not in the area, I would leave the limit for a base at class 7 or 5, but reduce the number of bases allowed per faction/private.

1 Like

I think part of the solution would be for PVP players not to live in PVE systems, dividing the map into 3 parts (PVE, Commerce, PVP). The people / factions that live in PVE systems collect basic resources (including a minimum of gold), create ammunition, blocks, personal weapons and for ships, etc. Then they sell these products or put them on sale in the commercial sector (ECC Central Zone).
From the ECC, PVP players can obtain the necessary resources to maintain their ships and crew.
The PVP sectors will not have basic resources, only Gold and Red Gold so that players in those sectors can buy resources in the ECC with what they have collected. There must also be some alien planets with a good AI, where the PVP can get some resources by destroying POIs (these POIs are renewable once a day)
PVE players who believe they have what it takes to move to the PVP sectors have to know that when they enter the PVP zone they can only return to PVE sectors once a week or a special day of the week.
With this the PVP sectors do not need as many asteroids and this would improve the lag in battles. It would be wars to dominate the planets of precious resources and be able to have the best chance of maintaining the fleet of ships.
On the other hand, the PVP would need the resources generated by the PVE, for which reason the collection and production of the different types of products required by the PVE players and also the trade of the same are also fed.
Then we would have to think about the limits of structures and ships, both for PVE and for PVP …
I also think that this should be done for the following season (depending on the reforms that Eleon makes to the game).
What do you think about this ???
PD: excuse my bad English, I’m using a translator

4 Likes

on GG, remove the gold surface., and make normal meteorites of stacks of 10 in each. and let them fall not often, as it used to be. and let the planet be as before a small but smooth as now and gravity to change normal. this will improve performance on the server and will be much more interesting

2 Likes

@RexXxuS

Just a tip:
In the server message maybe give a closing date for the poll, and date for wich friday :blush: been some questions

1 Like

@dQgnflua the Poll is closed and yes, should have mentioned the date in the ingame broadcast.
But it is tomorrow of course.

1 Like

PvP should be a one-way trip. You choose to go PvP then you are in PvP until you get killed with 5 RP loss (no suiciding out/ally kills)

Something should be done to discourage going into PvP from your PvE base or even your comfortable donator planet. In the case of the latter maybe a fee should be paid to EGS to cross the threshold. Say 50k which goes into an account for noobs to access via completing of starter missions? Spread the love a bit.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your very nicely written idea @elgranfoca!

In HWS 4 I tried to create more Story with separating some directly to PvP starter playfields and some to PvE. Then I distributed the resources similar to your concept as good as possible but of course, it turned out to be mixed sooner or later.
But at that time we had not the options we have now - not at all.

Also some didn’t like to be “forced” that much to a story driven content.
I think overall it is a matter of balance but I really like to go that road and as long as the game and HWS is in Alpha, why not? :slight_smile:

HWS 8, as bad as it turned out to be here and there gave us huge feedback about large planets, deposits, resource distribution, POIs, Missions, PvP and PvE gameplay.
While we may not have that much time for HWS 9, I would like to make “more out of it”.

The overall reorganization of the Universe however needs to be good thought out.

Who watched “The Expanse”? I only watched it few days ago completely but 1-2 years ago I already wanted like that … if you check out my general pattern of PvE, PvP and “Alien” sectors in the universes at least :wink:

Really cool stuff possible guys… just need a bit more time, less dramas and a lot of cookies! Stay tuned

5 Likes

I know… but next friday is still next friday :joy:

Give us all the news tonight or earlie tomorrow :blush::blush:

Lets go for the faster server

1 Like

I propose to ban warp engines, at least on CV, and put in each system portals.

2 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen! there is such a proposal for your consideration: to return the old system with small additions.

1. On GG remove the gold surface and return meteorites in about 5-10 stacks from 1 meteorite.
    2 on Armagidoni also less saturated and more frequent fallout of meteorites as on GG
  2. Also on the GG about 5 deposits of gold with the possibility of installing auto miners on them will enable players to fight for these places of radiance and keep them under their control
    I ask to put it to the vote !!!
2 Likes

Some news would be nice, so we can start creative fest tonight

1 Like

What is the essential problem with HWS PVP ?

To get an answer you have to consider which PVP actions a player can execute and how much fun they are.

a) you can patrol the PVP astroid fields hunting for miners in your… size 5 CV ? Damn, why did i buy the Grand Tie from the garage. As it is size 7 i have thrown my money away. If my asteroid patrol is successfull and i assault a miner… he simply warps out at once. Not fun !

b) you can patrol for miners on Golden Globe in your SV. As soon as you charge a miner you can be sure that after 30 seconds you have a bunch of players after you as Golden Globe is considered as personal property by all these 7million+ member PVP alliances.

c) you can attack all these base towers on Golden Globe. No, this was a joke, you cant. Even if you tear down one of these towers you get no loot. The mega alliances just place these towers… hmmm… because they can ?

4 Likes

Where else am I supposed to place my 10 mega towers?

1 Like

Based on “some” recommendations – only allowed to use flint tools and dress in a loin cloth. Towers, no way.

Sometimes wonder if some players are discussing a game other than egs.

Only so much a builder can do with extremely low block limits. Effectively removing much of the attraction of building in egs.

It then becomes a different game.

1 Like

The objective here is less on the amount of materials necessary to make your structures and proper designing and placement of offensive / defensive objects on your SV/HV/CV/BA. It will reduce the triangles used throughout the playfield hence increasing performance, but to what degree? Small skirmishes it may help, but all out war between two mega alliances and I’m afraid we will be back in the same boat, swimming in a sea of lag. This is RexXxus and Jascha trying to fix an Eleon problem.

1 Like

“fix an eleon problem” nails it.

If, and until development priority is placed on things directly related to improving aspects related to pvp play — deck chairs, titanic.

Improve performance — aggregious limits not needed.

Improve code ---- reduce opportunities to grief/exploit.

Revamp and replace current cv/sv meta — completely new approach to pvp’ing in space. New weapons, counter measures, beyond visual range scanners — large cv’s melt when hit by high end nuke torp fired from 60k away and not successfully evaded.

Oh… the possibilities.

1 Like