HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

th
this server is dying a slow and painful death, you’re gonna start losing your donator base.
tweek it some more

1 Like

HWS is in best shape since ever PVP is best since ever (Well 5.0 was best) And preformance is best since ever.
I do not mind donating.

5 Likes

i don’t think so

1 Like

If this goes through, as it looks like it will, I just ask if I could personally destroy that stupid Banana Boat ship thats been sitting in the Flying City for two weeks(or more) that I keep having to go around / look at.

It’s stuff like that that has lead to this, people just leave their garbage everywhere and don’t care how it effects others or the performance of the server.

5 Likes

3 days? Do you have a life outside of hws?

But agree, there is sooo much crap out there…
My gues is that a lot will disapair the next few days do to people going on vacation.

1 Like

I seems you didnt do CV fight last patch? DPS of CV is massiv higher and a fight with big class 7 CV has a duration of 5-10 mins max (Solong you dont fight against a only back flight noob, but this is not a problem of a Class). Every sucky SV fight has a much bigger duration :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I’m married with kids and have a full time job. I still only build vehicles and bases that I use and not stuff that just sits around collecting dust.

1 Like

Yeah… i know what you mean…
Maybe reduce the none used structure to 7 days, but lower the holliday donation price allot.

1 Like

5 minutes? you haven’t been in any major CV battles if you think that. We had a couple fights a few days ago that lasted at least an hour long probably more. If you don’t know how to build a pvp ship then yes, it’ll last 5 minutes, but pvp ships are designed to take a beating and will last a long time.
It seems as though the majority of people talking about pvp here hasn’t actually had meaningful pvp. :confused:

3 Likes

I’m used to CV fights lasting for hours. Always started off as a chance engagement and progressed until the majority of both opposing alliances are dueling it out for half the night.

Back when colin2coldd was still a player on HWS we would spend weeks testing our CVs and making modifications over the outcomes to have some of the best designs that HWS ever seen. It wasn’t about winning or losing. It was about a damn good time. Now, most everybody just warps away, no attempt to fight. That’s why I have not spawned a CV for PvP.

This was my outcome, before CVs were nerfed, and it never was lost in battle.

Until Empyrion is able to allow CVs of this caliber again, there is really no reason to spawn a CV other than transport.

2 Likes

Great Idea , The Files can be adapted to fly faster and farther . Increasing their Hit points and damage output would help also . In doing so it would create PVE content

1 Like

I do not know it is possible but here is a strange idea.

Can we put limit to total class of ships belongs to a faction/alliance. Lets say class limit is 7, in a certain playfield a faction can own a single class 7 or a number of ships with lower classes while in total still makes to 7. So we can have fights of 1 class 7 ship vs 7 class 1 ships. It can equalize fights a little bit but of course not completely. Someone will still have advantage.

I am always in favor of better designers for the win.

1 Like

This would be amazing if amount of guns was dependent on size class.
7x class 1 ships would currently have 7 times more guns in total ^^

Maybe in later patches when we have different ship types with different limits we’ll see this in use.

1 Like

Perhaps i come back as Rex seems to leave the way of „Uber alliance auto-ownage“. Gave him hundred of warnings but these were ignored.

Smaller structures, less structures and stuff will end the „war of the blocks“ on HWS that made me leave. Skill will now own over blocks. Clever builders will win over the biggest block brick SV troll builders. All skills, building skills, tactical battle skill, pilot skill will get a meaning again.

Towards your concerns Rex : Yes, you will lose some „Hello i am new player. Who has the strongest alliance ? Can i join ?“ trolls. But in exchance you will pull players interested into skill based PVP to HWS. Some of us are on the official EU server, sometimes „less is more“… our persuation.

1 Like

I fully agree. At the moment size 7 CV battles are pointless as the few mounted guns are gone after a few minutes, the CV will warp for repairs while the 500-layer- core-armor is not even scratched.

The idea to set the number of turret hardpoints in relation to the vessel size is perfect…and realistic. At the moment the battleship Yamato has the same firepower as a rubber boat …ridiculous !

2 Likes

everything lvl 7 is kinda pointless, i can easely build a base lvl over 7 in a fraction of time if i want it to be fully functioning and defended. Now im forced to build it in a pvp spot because of the layout i want and with current lvl i just cant build the defences to cover that base in pvp and stay under lvl8. But i am in general against limitations although i can understand performance will be bad for some without limitations

1 Like

Hotspot Planets: Base Class limit of max. 2 (instead of 1) —

CV Block limit to 150 (instead of 100) —

Hotspot Orbits: CV Class of 3(instead of 1) —

Hotspot Planets + rest: 5 Faction HVs allowed (instead of 3) —

Hotspot Orbits: max. 5 Faction and 10 Alliance CVs

1 Like

Heres an idea Rexx.

Not sure its doable but in case it is.
My proposal is to limit structures per server rather then per playfield and if you need something extra you can transport your hv, sv to planet via your cv which would make the immersion more realistic to begin with.

This is another subject but its just an idea i had floating in my head and its better then building bases solely by hand all the time, or having it too easy just spawning ships on a whim.

Creating blueprint spawner devices like sv construction tools, hv construction tools, base construction tools, cv construction tools, hand held construction tools or npc shipyard construction tools, AI drones could be used to imitate the constuction work in progress in NPC shipyards. A base repair device similar to the ones used for ships.

1 Like

In regards to mini-guns and space drones; you can reduce the mini gun and canon count to 2, and that would go a long way to help with lag; while still allowing ships to defend against drones.

1 Like

There are people who just spawn vehicles on every planet instead of hauling their stuff with them? My gosh, the animals on this server! No wonder its so overcrowded! If I’m going exploring I load my HV miner and my SV exploration ship into my CV and go explore. Who in the world just makes new ships at every planet??

1 Like