HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

Will SV/HV block limits change? Will they still be the 1.59 or go to 1.49?

1 Like

I think supergates required to warp out of PvP sectors would be okay if there were more than one supergate in those playfields. Possibly one at north and south pole of planets or something, mostly so that it doesn’t take a really long time to leave the playfield while nothing is going on. I understand the desire to prevent a target from quickly escaping without having to do anything other than point in the correct direction.

Also as a new player I don’t really understand why the metric you are aiming for in pvp is for ships to be destroyed quickly in battle. One observation that I have is that a lot of the ships have more thrusters and RCS than they would have if they actually had to put fuel into them. I have a ship design from the workshop that was made by a Sirknumbskull(I hope I got the spelling correct). It takes a whole lot of fuel to move at the speeds that it does and it’s only a class 4 ship with the modifications that I’ve made. The fuel costs would prevent me from making a big class 7 CV that moved fast if I didn’t have the option to use an alien core. Simply because it would take me forever to get enough fuel to keep the thing moving. I say this because I think possibly the Alien Core is contributing to some of the issues that you are working to rectify. Like I said though, I’m still new so I might be overlooking something.

Also, where can we see information about the upcoming 8.2 patch @RexXxuS, or do you have access to information that you are not allowed to share?

Not sure if it would be possible, but allowing warp if you were a certain distance from the planet might also be a good thing? So if you have a base that’s 100k out you don’t have to fly all the way back to the supergate to leave the system.

2 Likes

I would like to point out that if planets are redone, the 3 planets in Strathom sector have a LOT of useless POI’s that are taking up Core slots such as Shack, Hongo, Old farm, Opportunity and a few others. They count towards the core count and the only thing that can be done to them is you can make private, faction or public, they can not be modified in anyway. all you can do is stand inside them. (useless) This may also be the case on other planets.

1 Like

Most of what you want to do RexXxuS looks good. Super Gates in PvP is a good plan but leave PvE planets have regular warp so as not to have players using SG as parking lots in space.Also I like SKULKLIFE’s idea of a CV spawn pad in space above each starter planet and smaller planet SV/HV on each starter planet start points.I agree most players just leave behind player core spawn pads behind when they leave.Also like the seven day structure wipe on Headquarter Planets,unless you are away on vacation everyone should be logging in and using their cores at least once a week. We have to many “Oh I have not played Emperion in several weeks maybe I will login for half an hour.” If you want to play Minecraft go play on another server were you can spam multiple useless core items. I look at HWS as a semi-pro server with all the good features it has. So yes this server takes a little dedication to play on compared to other servers like Inflicted.Org/ unknownskies.net/inflicted.org and many other less popular servers.
Now for the one item I question RP planets Mars X and Earth X. With all the changes coming up I see a lot of players moving to them and Mars already has 164 cores.When 200 is finally reached every daily trip I and my Faction mate take to ECC will make our ships look like new cores and set us up for taxes.So yes we could park in space but it is PvP and our little mining CV’s will be found and destroyed sooner or later. I am wondering if space could be changed to PvE so anyone coming to Mars X/ Earth X could also live/park in orbit above the planets? Keep up the good work HWS and thanks for an awesome server! :space_invader::earth_americas::rocket:

1 Like

No class 1

Then why bother you are destroying what was special about titan.

2 Likes

Very disappointed we didn’t go with the original proposed changes. This small change will not impact the lag at all. The problems happen well before these numbers are reached. Clearly the overwhelming majority wanted the first edit of changes to go through, 66%! It is sad to see. Our players that left the game due to the issues caused by performance were about to come back but again are staying away.
The thrill of cv combat is no thrill at all. Massive structure bashing their brains in for 30+ minutes only to realize there’s really no major damage occurring. Smaller cvs would’ve made it more strategic with actual damage occurring that would immediately effect ship performance. Its not fun as is now. The changes should have been made and then if there were issues slowly roll them back. Now we need to wait 2 months to see if they will work, then we are back to square 1 with improving from there. RIP THE BAND-AID OFF, don’t let it fester. Many of us play with the hopes that it will be more “playable” soon. How many months…or years does it take to start making more progress to COMPETITIVE game play that is smooth for everyone. I want to be able to win or die trying. As it currently stands its crash, lag, or warp out because its 1 frame every 5 seconds.
Truly sad that the vote was ignored and the players that left got their way. Now setting a precedent that if you want something changed on you favor or opinion then you should boycott the server. What about the dozens if not hundreds of players coming through that stop playing because all of this.
I don’t know what is in store for us, but its clear where the favor is towards right now. AND for the record, many many players already starting preparing for these changes as it was clear what the majority felt, they are now at a loss of ships, time and effort. Shameful that the changes were made for the LOUDEST but not the majority. REX you run a great server, your time and effort is truly appreciated from all of us enjoying it. But you made a mistake here.

5 Likes

You should remove GG and have your software spawn a bunch of gold and/or rare meteorites on a random pvp planet after a broadcasted warning, it would prevent big factions camping and give a chance to small groups.

3 Likes

@RexXxuS

1. painful request; would it be possible to implement all changes to the HWS guide before hand?

2. not really a big fan of getting camped at a Supergates.
    (not sure how you would be able to implement anti-camping satellites, that wont also attack the innocent nearby)

everything else looks good.

GG is a good size as it is, smaller is just going lend the planet back to full faction control.

1 Like

The whole point GG even exists was to provide a fixed point of PVP for the big factions; it was never intended for the little guy; go there at your peril.

Best regards
Wise.

5 Likes

Agree on this, If you add a public spawn area where you can just build your sv to get off planet that would be enough, now its just a burdon to build a slap and after your sv is done delete it again. Please add these

1 Like

Class 5 bases are too big and impactful for hotspot planets. Class 2/3 will be perfect. See Eu as it is now and compare to Na. It is a dream PVP playfield :slight_smile:
Who build big BA on planets is only to cause lag and defend better the base using the lag.

1 Like

Good Morning,

I don’t fully understand your request. Do you want 10 faction HVs?

Already available @SkulkLife, @gaspra & @Aaron_Cain. Starter planets around 0 0 0 and Orbit between Moon and Planet.

Right, I can’t share but I think EXP coming today.
About CV PvP best to ask the others.

Already working on it for the next season. Time was running out for HWS 8 to make it good.

You mean the “no limit” philosophy? Eh right… I forgot about that. I rather thought “Hardcore PvP” mode.
But no limit + hardcore PvP bight each other a lot if you start to look in the details…
Oh well, I will skip that Class 1 thing then.

That is still my goal. It was just not the right time to force this mid-season.
I “answered” your post above already

And about statistics and polls I have learned that everything which is below 75% is neither the majority nor representative for a big decision under current circumstances.
Sorry you have to wait 1-2 month for the big change but I had to respect too many aspects, especially the Alpha 8.2 patch and how it will impact everything.
Let’s talk about it after few weeks again with some good PvP fights (and my implemented HWS Config next week).
But overall, yes, I made a mistake. I do mistakes every day because no matter how hard I try, what some like, some do hate.

I try @Jeeves … godlike would be of course, if you apply for the “Wikianer” forum group and help me with it :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

You will see.

I think you are here in the minority. Not sure about Class 3 PvP anymore.
But GG will change next season for sure.

2 Likes

player list with B key should be disabled, same thing with faction list online/offline status, that is used for attack purposes if opponent faction members is offline or how many there is online, you should not know that

1 Like

My remarks towards that :

• you are like the german government : A good idea is brought in, then eternal discussions making the good idea weaker and weaker to make everyone happy. In the end you achieved : nothing
    Especially dissapointing is that you stay with size5 for bases on GG, happy lagging for everyone garantueed

• please no change to the 15 days structure wipe. Beeing quite active i was nevertheless warned by the structure commander to revisit of my „babies“ as some of them were coming close to the 15day limit

• supergates are nice as i hate all these warp away cowards, but you have to find a way to deal with gatecampers who just wait in Grand TIE at the supergate for victims. Just to write into the HWS rules „this is not allowed“ wont solve the issue

1 Like

Interesting comparison :smiley:

Too many variables guys.
Wait for 8.2. Wait for my new HWS Config.
Then we talk again.

Hotspot planets will have less days, other planets 15. Just watch out yourself where you park your babies.

P.S. @CaptainJack: you can’t spawn bases on GG anymore.

1 Like

If you haven’t been bothered to check on your structures in 15 day, you don’t need them.

I’d be comfortable with just a 7 day global timer. Really, if you can’t be bothered to check your babies in a week max, your not using them and need to give them up for adoption.

8 Likes

True but i would prefer them to go to public so anyone can recycle them

2 Likes

Things are going to be smoother soon:
“The “Dynamic Structure Loading” (DSL) will achieve something that may sound as a no-brainer, but actually has a lot of side effects and implications: It will completely unload structures when they are out of render distance.” Tried it on alpha eperimental 8.2 Works VERY nice.

1 Like

Haha ok, was already wondering about the purpose of the three platforms on GG, but makes sense now :wink:
Well ok, so i look for a nice parking place outside the Hotspot zones.

I take back my critics concerning GG bases then, if players cant use the factory i can even agree with size 64534 :stuck_out_tongue:. … if you manage to build up and defend such a monster you deserve owning it.

To honor you my brand new Uber CV with 150 blocks was named „Blame Rex“:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes