HWS 9 Teaser I | Big rework of Elemental Bank | Supergates

edit: after re-reading your post I am not sure if you are endorsing having only one account for both servers to maximize interest returns, or suggesting to prohibit the users from having more than one account… \

eh, anyone going through all that trouble of opening and closing steam accounts and loading and reloading hws, that is prohibitive in it self.
Don’t forget the RP cost is expensive, alt accounts will still need their own RP, which you cant send.
Pretty sure that you can make more money just with one active account than relying on secondary and tertiary accounts. dealing with all the logging and loading is very time costly, and as the old saying goes:
Time is HWS credits.

with RexXxus new proposal, it will be much more difficult to reach EB 10 on both NA and EU, so if you have separate accounts for EU and NA isn’t a big deal, in fact if you combined them, that would provide a bigger advantage. Because then you would not have to grind out or pay for eb levels on both servers.

(side note, please tell me fasgort doesn’t have family share accounts with EB 5 on both NA and EU :hear_no_evil: )

[side bar]
just remembered that it IS in the rules that you cannot use family share accounts to gain a massive advantage over other players, so im assuming EB 5 on family share accounts would be an offense…

I am suggesting to allow a family account, but not allow said family account to have another bank account.
One player per EB.
So if you got EB 10, you’d have just as much passive income as two accounts would.
What we don’t want is someone getting 8 million a day because they have two family accounts.

like i said above, in that scenario, the RP cost would be prohibitive to make that realistic.

But not entirely impossible.
I suggest to everyone -
Let’s make it balanced now so it no longer has to change in future.

oooh… I was ready to make some suggestions, but looks like you were already on it, @RexXxuS. This Proposal 2 is very interesting… you even INCREASED the max payout, while decreasing the rate, therefore requiring a much higher working balance. It’s very… as you said, subtle. Hmm.

The only thing you have to make sure is, that once people do start reaching EB10 on one, then both servers, you are ok with them making 5M and 10M interest, respectively for reaching those milestones on both servers.

But I really do like that now, it FEELS more like an incentive for more playing, and not a penalty. I much more like my initial reaction to this proposal than your first. But I’ll still think about it more! Thanks again for putting all your thoughts and effort into this, RexXus.

1 Like

This season I liked to play as a single player mostly in PVE, with the odd travel into PVE as I wanted to try trading and POI raiding. Last season I mined to get OCD 6. I have no idea how players got OCD 7 in one season but regardless I have been slowly mining and buying gold to get OCD 7 as that is a goal for me. I think a lot of players want to get OCD 7 as an achievement so the commodity of best value is the gold ingot because you save them to make the 700 million over time. I like that it makes the game stretch on and gives you drive. there are lots of ways to get gold (raid or trade). maybe the higher bank levels you can buy gold from the bank?

so the higher level the cheaper the gold and larger the amount you can buy?

currently the gold ingot this season has gone from 350 to over 450 per ingot so gold is of great value if it can be tied to bank level i think people will invest in higher levels just to buy gold.

and banks will always buy low and sell high when it comes to gold so they would charge you more than gold converts to credits of course.

I think to buy gold from banks would help players get OCD 7 easier

Im good with the changes made by Rexxxus after all the bank is really a temporary storage of credits to buy gold or other commodities. Banks are a safer method than carrying credits on you.

the price of gold has a few factors determining market pricing.

• gg has less available gold
  • more players are looking to save their credits in gold

Gentlemen, we’ve crunched the numbers. Credit to @Upgrayedd for the numbers.
This is for Rexxxus’s current proposal. You’ll get more returns but the ratio will be non-liner.

This is my proposal, with my numbers below. You can see that it has a more liner curve to it, with upper levels giving less of a return.

And for those of us concerned, vets will be pleased to know that with my proposal, you will gain additional ratio from eb5 upwards.

I think both are promising. Both have their cons and their pros.

Please discuss!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like it. It makes sense and players who use the interest as their primary income aren’t completely crippled.

This seems very high… Most players do not make more than 100 mil a season.

Regarding the Curve of the levels. It seems odd. I spend 2mil to increase interest 100,000 from level 1 to 2? So it takes 20 days to recoup? Then another 5mil for another 150? So 33 days to recoup that. Then 10mil for a 500k increase, so again 20 days to recoup that. But then 15mil for 500k so 30 days to recoup that. Then 25 mil to to get another 500k so that is 50 days to recoup. Level 7 is a kick in the head 45mil for 500k increase that is 90 days to recoup or the entire season! Meaning you will not make a profit and once you faction in the cost of RP are at a net loss even if you had the RP to do it on day 1. That is a flaw from my point of view, I view the bank as investing my money. I am not doing that if I am Losing money.

@RexXxuS Can you help me understand why after EB 6 I will be losing money on investing? Is there something I am missing? Is it the Keep Credits part that is being valued so expensively?

I do not suggest any player who isn’t specifically looking to have passive income go past eb 6.

Regarding your curve comment, take a look at my adjusted numbers. I believe it may be more smooth. Remember, it’s supposed to take quite a while for people to get these perks, with most players only being able to get to eb5-6.

You can use HWS Ingots here. You can buy Keep EB, and then get to upgrade EB 1 season at a time.

My point with the curve is, you won’t have passive ‘income’ with EB level 7 and higher. You will have passive net loss.

I read through all these and maybe I missed the answer or maybe it wasn’t answered. How is the keep 100m donation compensated? This was a cost that now seems like it was not worth doing. I’m not asking for any refund nor am I threatening to leave the server. I like where you are going here @RexXxuS this will allow people a chance to carry more over using in-game credits, which is a good deal. I just want to understand what my real life money paid for in this new EB system and will/if there be a perk for it in this new EB system.

P.S. I think you are doing a good job with the server and have improved the play of the game compared to the vanilla version.

1 Like

What ever is highest wins currently. If you have EB which can carry 150mil you can carry 150mil. If you have EB which can carry 50mil, you can carry 100 with donation. It doesn’t add up on EB keep credits

I’m sure RexXxuS has a much deeper vision of where he wants to take HWS, maybe this announcement is part of that…
As we have seen in the past, some changes that were announced may have seemed unfair, but hes always managed to find other ways to balance those changes and compensate in other areas that have more than balanced them.

I like the charts you guys did, but the numbers are wrong for the total expense and profit therefore ruining the return ratio. You have to add in all the previous costs to upgrade not just the level before.

For example eb lvl 10 under the most recent numbers costs 482.2 mill to upgrade resulting in a next loss of 32.2 mill over the course of a season.

Even though I feel it’s worth it in the long run if your going to keep it for multiple seasons using the current eb donor package.

Edit: With that said, your right EB6 is the sweet spot between cost and return. But the total expense is 47.2 mill with a profit of 132.8

Zackey,

this table is interesting, but you are forgetting to disclose that the “return ratio” is based on obtaining
those EB levels Day one of the season.

For a more accurate table, there should be an exponential decay for the time it takes achieve EB levels.

(hypothetical example) EB 10 takes you 30 days , then that 30 days of profit on your chart would need to be subtracted from the “profit” which dynamically effects the output to the “return ratio”

This is true,
The chart is focusing in the individual levels here.

We should also all note that this system as rexxxus has said multiple times over should not be your sole income.
This is supposed to be difficult to get, it’s something you grind out at the zenith of your “game”

Only then will it provide a meaningful return - and that’s even across seasons, which by this point you should be able to achieve

There are two different charts you are looking at, one is my proposal (2nd one down) and the other is the current system (1st one at top)