HWS 9 Teaser I | Big rework of Elemental Bank | Supergates

I think he did right in presenting the tables as day 1 numbers. Makes it easier to compare apples to apples. And with not knowing what the RP gains are going to look like next season it’s probably more difficult to do a decay style table.

Ohh I know, but both the charts are wrong. For example you put the total expense of Rexxus eb 10 at 350mil. In reality the total expense is 482.2 mill. The chart is only adding in the cost of that level and the previous level, Noth the other 8 levels behind them.

I agree that it needs to stack. Can we look at that @RexXxuS ?

I agree. Looking at the second purposal, i’ll probabaly get keep 100mil fast enough, and then my donation will be useless. I don’t regrrt my donation though.

that’s why god invented algebra and graphs

Algebra and graphs is why pharmaceutical companies invented headache medicine :smile:

1 Like

Yeah overall i’m happy with Rexxus’ 2nd proposal, my only question: will there be a donation option to keep EB 10?

1 Like

There is already, is Keep EB level after full wipe.

1 Like

Keep EB Level, EB upgrades ingame and Keep 100m credit packages for example are three different things.

Each of them has its own purpose and combining all together is a great addition to your personal economy.
But as I said, the ingame EB levels with the high “Keep X credit” value, will de-valuate some Keep XXm credit packages.
This was a big feedback / request from the HWS Survey btw.

However your Keep 100m credits is not “wasted” because it is permanent. So whenever you are tired of grinding the EB levels or don’t want to buy the “Keep EB level” package with € or HWS Ingots, that Keep 100m credit package will boost you straight away to EB level 7. (+ some extra money left as a “bonus” for buying that package)

I hope all of that makes sense.
Overall I don’t like stacking that much due too many factors coming into play to abuse it, e.g. family share boosters.

Yes and I’m sure there will be some tryharders to set this as their HWS goal.

(I still got no feedback about our new “Faction Bank” feature, but that will help as well)

So I like @TheState idea to maybe have a regular RP cost per day for getting this high privileged interest boost.
For example EB level 8-10 pays 8,9,10 RP per day for these interest.
In the end it won’t stop their gain, because they can just buy Alien Containers whereever to get the RP in again, but it adds another level of HWS interaction.
Hmm

ONLY if it is done on day 1 and ONLY if the season is a full 90 days which it isn’t always 90 days long.

Did I see you say there would be more features coming for it? Right now I just don’t see the use yet besides having a little fund going for incidentals. For larger groups like us it may make it a little difficult due to admin being able to take money out but, unless another role gets added (we’ve been wanting another level of permissions for a year now) that’s the best way to do it.

It might be more used by an opt-in style system where a player can say what percentage they want to come out of their interest that goes into the fa bank. Kind of like fa:tax:5 where 5% would then be automatically pulled from their interest and sent to the fa bank daily until they cancel or change the command

1 Like

I agree. If we get faction bank, we should also have a tax system for it. And maybe with options, only to tax when member is at special area/planet whatever, if that’s possible.

Can someone make an easier to understand quick summary for me lmao. This is hard to understand.

I guess what I want from any system is what Friedrich Nietzsche, defined as Happiness. " Happiness is the feeling that power increases - that resistance is being overcome."

I feel like Bank levels 7+ do the opposite. In any game, you typically want to level up and become stronger. This feels like I level up past 6 and become weaker. So without throwing in too many numbers, just a thought.

Bank level 1 Free

Bank level 2 Takes 5 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 3 Takes 10 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 4 Takes 15 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 5 Takes 20 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 6 Takes 25 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 7 Takes 35 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 8 Takes 45 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 9 Takes 60 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Bank level 10 Takes 75 days to earn back what you paid for it in interest

Just thoughts, without adding any values to the figures. Just a nice curve that still has a diminishing returns value. But* still a value. OR* just a sudden thought, maybe you only lose 3? bank levels between seasons? or 4 or whatever, to make it less of a kick in the head every season?

You are not taking in consideration how much money you can keep trought wipes.
Anyway gold ingots are the best to save money because if you quit 2 seasons they are still there (if ocd will be not touched). The bank and your money will reset every season if not purchased the keep eb level.
I dont know if will be implemented a system to convert those money in gold ingots back.
Btw this system encourages actively playing in the server so i am ok with it.
I think the best solution could be to set the keep eb level to an amount of HWS ingots that a player could earn in a season. I am playing nearly everyday and i have nearly 4k of reputation.(btw i used a lot to reduce bptime, going guilty etc)
Actually you need 10k of reputation to have keep eb level for free

People who play every day are in my considerations as well. Perhaps if the two systems are divorced from each other I wouldn’t see as much of a problem. The fact they are married distorts the interest of credits. I wouldn’t mind if “Carry Over bank levels” was it’s own upgrade like it is on the donation page. Either as a permanent thing like OCD or a temporary thing like current Recycle levels. Again only losing say 3-5 bank levels per season would also be a nice incentive for people who play, but may not be the 2% that control GG/HW.

It is easy to forget that many people play everyday but cannot access 100+ million in gold per season but might like a chance* at EB 10.

Ive just read some Discord drama about supergates. Interesting. Well I think that something needs to be done but not this enemy presence thing.

TL;DR: Supergates. Attacking side shouldn’t be able to completely block someone whos trying to escape through gate from doing so. Escapist should be able to escape if he has enough time, skills and luck. Might be some penalty like ship must stand still, CV for longer than SV, HV :slight_smile: .

In game where we all fly at same speed freneticly pressing left+forward+up trying to fly faster its quite hard to shake someone off, not talking about more enemies.
When someone is trying to jump through gate hes probably not eager to continue fighting, hes trying to escape and there should be mechanics to do that if doing stuff all right and having a bit of luck and time. This doesn’t look good this enemy in vicinity thing. Outmaneuver enemies is not going to work.

Put there charge timer for lets say 30s, ship must be standing still as it needs all energy to jump. In PvP that means you can risk to be sitting duck for 30s or so…Problem with warp drive is same, its instant.
Make it dynamic, give something to attacker and defender too. Number of enemies in vicinity makes charge time longer, so if faction puts effort in surrounding someone he needs quite a lot of time to charge gate and escape but he can do it, eventually. [Insert some story about thrilling escape with last few %of core health].

Or simply more ships in area longer charge time, that might be fun. On Eleon side something like less speed faster charge time of warp. Switched off weapons required etc.

Worst thing to do is allowing someone from blocking your escape without you being able to do something reasonable about it. It feels quite like tackling, but that’s at least fun.

1 Like

Good enough @RexXxuS thanks for the answer. I do like the idea of making it possible for those who cant afford to pay for carry overs to have an option to do as others do, that takes away the argument of “Pay to Play” theories. I cant wait to get to utilizing the new system.

@Chaplain, RexXxus has already said that earning back what you paid is not his motivation for setting the EB levels…

Interest alone is not a valid “get the money in again” argument anymore.

You can’t break even only with interest and this is fully intentional! You will want to buy EB levels by getting the full spectrum of other benefits. Interest is just a gentle push.

(Those were quotes from two different posts by RexXxus.)

In any case, even 1% interest earned will payback the initial amount invested, eventually.