HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay

Think your math is a little off there btw. Unless things have changed:
Gold ore and coins = 50 credits
Gold ingots = 250 credits

1 Like

And what will happen to the ocd 6 players with gold ingots inside ?? i hope not to get it removed take long work to farm it. :frowning:

yeah i already caught that, just trying to work it out, and not be upset.

Hi mate, as far as i can tell OCD is staying the same (at 7) at least. Errm iā€™ll have to check, what i lose is AM cores as far as i can tellā€¦

Iā€™m happy that more levels are being added to OCD/EB as itā€™s been in the works for a while to have a greater degree of progression, as before people would hit EB 5/EGS 5/OCD 7 and just log off forever, they ran out of ā€˜bragging rightsā€™ whereas this extends it significantly.

My Red Line is at too heavy nerfing of the current levels where players such as you and me are at or where others are working towards, as thereā€™s nothing worse than working towards a feature thatā€™s going to get nerfed heavily.

@SwissSteel1 Whatā€™s your feelings on the bank changes now? I like proposal no.2 myself but that could just be me. For this OCD change i donā€™t mind, but naturally iā€™m less ā€˜investedā€™ in the game these days as iā€™m working hard so my thoughts should be taken by all (including Rexxus) with a pinch of salt as iā€™m not that active of a player anymore.

My one issue may be the lack of ability to store gold ingots, it would lead to people working towards OCD in a linear manner (level up bank and then grind for OCD whereas before you could have this kind of ā€˜transferableā€™ wealth. Maybe make everything kept 1 level lower. AM cores at 7 (Iā€™d be smiling! :slight_smile: ) Gold ingots at 6 to help people to cross the 630mil gap! :slight_smile:

Best regards and I hope it clears up my views on this,
Wise :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback so far.
I know it was a lot of text to read but no-where did I write things like this

Every Gold Ingot you have in your OCD will stay in the OCD. In fact you can push now the last week with OCD lvl 6 and pump in all Gold ingots to the OCD.
Also the Auto Miner Cores, Epic Weapons etc.
All stay in the OCD. Itā€™s just level locked after HWS 9. You get it, but canā€™t put it.

Good question. Always enlighten for me to see that I spend hours, weeks, months of time into creating this new NPC Standing systemā€¦ special Trading POIsā€¦ PDA Missions and nobody even mention it in a breath. The other, in relation short changes like EB and OCD rework are discussed to ground with a personal touch from everybody.
Really interesting.

Anyways, yes, I want to encourage players. But each player is different and I can mention straight away 3 players who would feel encouraged by my change. I canā€™t make everyone happy.

What some guys really should think about though is: by no means are you forced or entitled to achieve OCD / EB level 10 in one season.
Stay where you are and be happy. But just in case you get bored, be sure there is a bigger task for you waiting.
Itā€™s a common concept in games (aka easter eggs, side quests, secret rooms, etc.)

Last but not least: whatever change is coming in HWS 9 you donā€™t know yet: the incentive for such upgrades are automatically coming if I announce events where the prize could be OCD level 7.

Even with OCD level 5 you can enjoy Empyrion in its core throughout season perfectly.

If some have nevertheless already some ideas for cool ā€œFacion Warā€ scenarios with the new NPC Reputation, please let me know.
About 60% of the HWS population donā€™t even have a clue what OCD or EB means - so I would appreciate to give these guys good content on top of our features.

2 Likes

Jeeves: it is not finalā€¦ remember that =) Rexx reads EVERY COMMENT you good people write here :slight_smile:

I mean AFTER 9.0. 10.0, say i havenā€™t removed my AM cores, and iā€™m OCD7, what happens then mate? :slight_smile:

Good question :open_mouth:

Hopefully we will still keep whats thereā€¦ just wont be able to fill it up! Like we had with the first nerf (from 700K to 70K)

1 Like

As far as the other features that havenā€™t been mentioned I would imagine cause most are overall happy with minus the new npc standings. And for that feature we really need to get our hands only it to give any meaningful thoughts or feedback.

The changes we have been discussing have personal attachment for most of us because of the work we have put into our achievements with them.

1 Like

This would be acceptable for me i think, but i think ingots also should remain OCD6 for those working for 7 personally, even though they can keep coins/ore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

was my suggestion as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

That people who made ocd 7 in 1 session buyed npc trader and used only banks ā€¦ so

Thatā€™s completly incorrect ;D

The people who bought OCD 7, have been really active and using commodity traders, and stuff like that. I know fasgort did it in 1 season, without interested from EB.

1 Like

no fasgort buyed a npc trader and eb lvl 5 ā€¦ interest only ā€¦ ask himself he explained how he get it so fast.
only with that 2 options and patron for no login auto collect eb interest

nvm. I just searched around the forum and found out you were partly right lol. I didnā€™t think it was possible to earn 700mil without try harding. He didnā€™t just use EB and NPC trader though. He used the new trading system.

for me is the pvp feature a must have but that u can make with npc trader and that (Atm) bank fast ocd 7 with nothing (no pvp entering etc) its crazy ā€¦ so bank fixing is perfect ! but ocd the RP prices are high so maybe remove it cause the bank interrest is lower as before (good so !)

by the way ā€¦ all ppl with 700k stuff in ocd will easy to buy ocd 8 & 9 maybe ā€¦ without doing anything (maybe) cause of exchange for credits and rp.

I again ask the question ā€” for the current lvl 6 player to return to parity requires lvl 9.

How much time is expected it will take the average player to obtain 2.4b credits and 8,750 rp to regain parity with what is lost?

For a long term player ā€” the work that it took to reach the current lvl 6 ā€” having achieved it is a reward unto itself.

Now ā€” that reward is being taken away. Please reconsider what this will do to some of your long term player base. This comes across as a cruel punishment for loyalty to hws.

Better would be to grandfather current player level and not take anything away. A lvl 6 ocd player should be automatically converted to a lvl 9 to avoid taking away that which one has worked and played hard to obtain.

(Edit: Ok ā€“ I just picked up on the response to jeeves. Nothing currently in ocd 6 will be pulled out. Just canā€™t put more of am cores, g-ingots, epics in. That partially grandfathers it in and softens the blow substantially. However, I expect to likely never be able to return to full parity. 2.4b and 8,750 rp to lvl 9 will prevent me from doing so)

2 Likes

to get this right @RexXxuSā€¦

As a police i start as alliance, but will i be able to interact with other traders over time? or did i miss something?
I like the way you are going with more focus on roleplay and the fact that what you choose to be will matter more and more :slight_smile:

Most players, like me, have bought OCD6 and do not plan on buying OCD7. By taking away the ability to store gold bars and epic weapons, you rob such players and want them to work in the game instead of just playing for fun.
Convert OCD6 to OCD9 or revise your ā€œOCD Reworkā€.

6 Likes

I like the part where i as a OCD 6 player canā€™t even store enough gold ore in my OCD to pay for my OCD7.
This went to far, OCD 6 should be able to store gold ingots or thereā€™s little to no way to get OCD7 unless you grind like a madman in a season.

Thatā€™s not fun.

4 Likes