after the furious first HWS 9 Teaser we are coming to the second big one!
New HWS Gameplay
As it got already teasered there will be a new way to play on HWS with Alpha 9.
It will affect both PvP and PvE to a certain degree. It pushes slowly the mentioned direction Empyrion is going towards “MMO”.
I want to utilize our Story and make more out of it. Giving you more depth and hopefully fun in your given Origin to create a dynamic gameplay.
The only little issue: our Reputation word got grabbed and it might confuse some players along the way. Please “re-learn” the differentiation of “HWS Reputation Points” and the “Faction/NPC Reputation Points”!
As you can see in the teaser Screenshot: each Origin has it’s default standing with one of the NPC factions at the beginning. But be careful, depending on your actions you can lose this standing.
This will not only mean the NPC Trader won’t talk to you anymore but also that Turrets on the Trading Stations will shoot at you!
Re-learn here as well to pro-actively check your map and what Faction owns that POI — before you get shot to pieces!
NPC Faction Standing in HWS & Origin Decision
If you press TAB and go to the Factions tab at the top, you see your
Reputation Points for the 3 NPC Factions.
Each Origin on HWS has a base line Reputation towards them.
Choose your Origin wisely and think about your actions along the way!
At the beginning…
- Lawless are ally with Zirax
- Freelancer are ally with Talon
- Alliance are ally with Polaris
- Zirax Trader and POIs have especially rare resources and weapons to offer.
- Talon Trader and POIs are specialized for Alien Containers and hidden Treasures.
- Polaris Trader and POIs focus on Commodity items and cheap prices
The HWS universe is waiting for you and what decision you will take!
Example how it might looks like in the HUD
How the detailed Rivalry works etc. will be coming into the Guide as well.
Just a quick example: if you kill a Faction member, you get automatically Unfriendly and lose 1000 RP.
HWS PDA Story Mission
What if you don’t want to bother with some rivalry matrix and just want to “play your game”?
I got you! Look out for the dedicated NPC Faction Mission Dealer shown above in the screenshot.
Some Missions are only shown if you got the needed NPC Reputation Points. Some will help you to get a better standing. Some will force a decision from you, to whom “you belong”, etc.
Always remember though: each HWS Origin has it’s “favor” towards their base NPC Faction. And you earn in the end the profit out of this favor / “ally”.
Final Note: This gameplay / idea is way bigger than my head is ready yet and even bigger regarding the time I could spent on that! With your feedback I want to fulfill my known plan to have “Singleplayer” inside of “Multiplayer”. Awesome stuff is possible here!
Same as the Elemental Bank, I want to have a baseline of level 10 features in HWS (even though it is not HWS 10… at least something for EGS Recycle as reserve)
So here is my idea of the future of OCD.
Note: OCD in its own is a permanent feature. Not like the EB where the levels reset after each full wipe. Maybe that will change in the future but for now and from the past, OCD is your very personal end-game content to dream about / achieve. Especially not in one season possible, but motivating you to get it after couple of season.
Store: 1000 items in one slot
Slots: 7 slot
Upgrade Cost: Free
Store: 2000 items in one slot
Slots: 15 slot
Upgrade Cost: 200 000 credits & 25 RP
Store: 3000 items in one slot
Slots: 30 slot
Upgrade Cost: 300 000 credits & 75 RP
Benefits: Store Food items
Store: 25 000 items in one slot
Slots: 70 slot
Upgrade Cost: 2 500 000 credits & 150 RP
Benefits: Store Medical items
Store: 50 000 items in one slot
Slots: 100 slot
Upgrade Cost: 7 000 000 credits & 300 RP
Store: 60 000 items in one slot
Slots: 130 slot
Upgrade Cost: 70m credits & 600 RP
Store: 70 000 items in one slot
Slots: 170 slot
Upgrade Cost: 700m credits & 1250 RP
Store: 80 000 items in one slot
Slots: 200 slot
Upgrade Cost: 800m credits & 2500 RP
Benefits: Store Auto Miner Cores
Store: 90 000 items in one slot
Slots: 250 slot
Upgrade Cost: 900m credits & 5000 RP
Benefits: Store Epic Weapons
Store: 100 000 items in one slot
Slots: 300 slot
Upgrade Cost: 1B credits & 10000 RP
Benefits: No cooldowns in PvP anymore
I highlight just the key notes / thoughts:
- Overall it’s maybe not a rework… rather a “OCD Boost/Upgrade”
- In HWS 9 I want to get rid of “999” stacks as good as possible. The new baseline will be “1000” slots in your inventory.
- Existent credit upgrade prices got slightly adjusted.
- OCD level 1-4 got big buffed to have a more linear upgrade curve
- Money Cards can be stored with OCD level 5 already! (before with OCD lvl 6).
- In exchange you need OCD level 7 now to store Gold Ingots. That was not only a HWS Survey feedback but a reasonable high goal to achieve OCD level 7 (it wasn’t justified before really)
- More benefits got added for more incentive to upgrade
- Auto Miner Cores are at the moment highly in inflation. While they are not that important overall, the OCD level 8 requirement should help for Marketplace prices for them
- OCD level 10 is aligned with the Elemental Bank and an ultimate end goal to achieve. While the OCD PvP cooldowns got introduced with OCD level 7 already, with OCD lvl 10 it should motivate to completely live free in PvP
- RP cost for upgrades got implemented to make it consistent to our other features
Additional OCD change notes:
- You can’t store Epic Weapons in HWS 9 anymore (level 9 required)
- This time they won’t be removed from your OCD! You just won’t be able to put them there anymore
Another requested feature might get into HWS 9 as well.
Similar to EB only Faction Admins and Owner can get stuff out of the OCD but members can only put stuff inside.
Make sure who you trust in your faction (I told Eleon to implement more faction permission levels!)
Same as EB again, the Faction OCD wipes with a full wipe.
Both new features should help temporary to organize a “Project” together.
Please let me know your feedback!
That’s it for the second HWS 9 Teaser combined with the release of EXP.
As you know this means the release of Alpha 9 is almost there — probably next week, which brings back our Ritual
Prepare for the full wipe everyone!
Once Alpha 9 is out we are forced to full wipe as well.
Don’t ask me how I should finish everything I have planned for HWS and the official Eleon servers
I plan to release a third and final teaser about the Universe, HWS Survey results and Origin rebalancement changes — affected by the new gameplay I mentioned above.