HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay

Police is just a fictional title.
You would fall under the same Reputation Standing matrix as other players.
By doing some special PDA missions you could be honored by all NPC Factions over time though…

1 Like

If i will be honored by all factions i will enter in a poi and rob them without being shooted?

Yes, nobody would shoot at you.
But of course you can’t translate the POIs we have to the 3 Factions :wink:
There is still a neutral evil “Aln - Alien” faction around, which shoot at you no matter your standing.

For now I will only focus on the trading possibilities with honored / hostile stuff.
Later maybe more is possible

1 Like

I like the ALN faction, because i imagine if nobody shoots me game will became boring fast.

1 Like

Well, I was right OCD got the treatment as well, and not for the better. I was reasonably close to OCD 7, but now it’s not worth the effort. I see no point in striving for the next level when it is going to be taken away just before or just after I get it. Both this change and the EB change are a very big dis-incentive for me. I no longer feel it’s worth the grind to get these levels, so I will not be bothering any longer, because I shall only have it ripped from my grasp at the last moment. I am not going to grind for levels anymore. I will just play with what I have at present and concentrate on PvP. I find no incentive in grinding away for levels that become non-existent in the future. Is it my imagination but are these changes where we will have to grind a lot more and play a lot less going to suck any of the fun out of the game?

Hey @everyone,

after some thoughts I also considered your feedback and changed the OCD level 7 gold ingot proposal back to OCD level 6.

It’s hard for me as a game designer to lay down a game decision, based on important notes, but if the community don’t like it.

I will think about other ways to change the redundancy that OCD works basically like the EB regarding keep credits. That was the main motivation to my Gold Ingot lvl 7 change.

Nobody needs to tell me how much he liked the old system because well, it was easier to get.
And the difference about grinding and playing is always thin.
It’s a very complicated topic not many want to spend time on, I tried and must resign for now, because Alpha 9 forces from me to invest so much time in updating the universe, so it is playable *at all. And the official Eleon server etc.

Nevertheless the other OCD changes are important as a foundation, we can work / change later on.

Thanks for your feedback overall.

5 Likes

I would say to all players that think making the next level of ocd will be imposable are wrong. We had this conversation back in 5.0 when ocd 6 and 7 where implemented “you make it a faction target and work as a team” you play, fight, mine and trade together as a faction and boost one player who holds the gold for the next guy and so on.

Looking at what Rex is proposing it gives something for new players, veterans and factions to aim for and stops the felling of having nothing left to do.

1 Like

The only reson this was a big issue, is the huge amount it takes to get from 6 to 7 :slight_smile: On this i think the whole community agreed. If the price was half, i belive players would accept it… but the way from 6 to 7 is so hugh! That is the only reason :slight_smile:

The rest looks good from what i can read at this tread… We all want to achive top goal, but it has to be possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

@BigRed I don’t remember saying it was impossible - just a boring grind that I am not prepared to take part in.

@RexXxuS,

Looking at this proposed change to OCD, the biggest problem I see is making gold ingots a level 7 feature, instead of level 6. Basically, you are saying that unless you have some a huge EB level to carry over a big pile of credits, the average player is going to have to stuff their OCD with Ore… and it still won’t be big enough.

1k gold ore = 50k credits
700,000,000/50000 =14000k gold ore
60k items per OCD6 slot
14000/60 = 234 slots

OCD6 only has 130 slots. It’s impossible to store enough gold to pay for OCD7. By my calculations, if you stuffed EVERY slot with only gold ore, you can only carry over 390M worth of gold ore. As a matter of fact, I’m not sure how you could even save up enough credits to buy some of those top tier EB levels.

This makes it so ONLY the tryhards can get eb7 and above! Let’s take this example:

For the average player with OCD6, let’s say he uses 30 slots for things like 1 slot of each ore, fusion cells, emergency rations, etc. They only carry 30 slots of the most important stuff. and then fills the remaining 100 slots with gold ore. That is 100x60x50000 = 300M worth of gold ore. That means that on top of all that ore, he has to earn 400M in one season to get to OCD7! Add to this the fact that they are now not getting 2.5 mil for EB5… honestly, I don’t think most players can or will do it. Certainly not casual players.

I think the biggest thing is that gold ingots should be a OCD 6 feature, so that casual players can still slowly accumulate gold to reach higher levels of EB and OCD. and then perhaps drop down enhanced weapons and AM cores a level each.

Dhalgren

1 Like

Woops… I guess RexXxus changed it back while I was writing this post… I am too slow to type!

What rexxuxxs and jascha could do, would be to increase the value of the credit card to the same value of the bars or at least 90% of the value, something like a bar costs 250 Cr, the card could contain up to 200 Cr and when placed in ocd it counts as a card an item of 200 cr and not 200 items as it currently does. thus not harming the ocd lvl 6, which is unable to place gold; would still allow evolution to level 7, this card change might even be present for the lowest ocd lvls to make it easier for players to store credits to raise the OCD, AM and Eb levels from one session to another.

You can have OCD 6 in both NA and EU, allowing you to store 780m credits. And OCD1-6 is pretty cheap, so there you go.

Lol. OCD6 is absurdly easy, and you want to skip 3 hard upgrades?

Same as Jeeves. In fact, you guys aren’t realizing that even with a single OCD6, you guys are able to upgrade almost 300m credits in gold, skipping EB completely. Even the Keep 100m credits support package loses its value because of this fact.

There is hardly any worth in being able to store so much money anyway. Dunno why everyone has the extreme necessity of storing so much credits, gold, resources, etc, and throwing a tantrum the moment Rexxxus decide to make it a hard and long objective to acquire.

It was clear to me with the previous teaser that Rexxxus wanted to make EB the actual credits keeper and not the OCD. This season we had a superb easy way to make tons of credits, and literally a few players tried doing so (so sad considering it was one of the main features Rexxxus worked for this season).

If trading remains unchanged for the next reason (or even boosted, considering the new faction trading system that expands the feature), going from OCD1 to OCD10 takes 1 month of actively playing.

All those changes Rexxxus is being forced to make after all this feedback is just going to reduce the value of all trading features he has been working for HWS 8 and HWS 9.

2 OCD 6 (EU&NA) with 130 slots and 60000 items per slot, storing gold ingots means this:

2 x 130 x 60000 x 250 = 3.900.000.000 credits in the OCD

Even with a single OCD like most people use, it’s almost 2 billions. There are zero reasons to buy EB now.

1 Like

Not everyone is you fasgort

Whats easy for you, may not be for others. Huge mistake in assumptions you’re making.

Events? yes they may be great for those keyboard warriors who can compete. For others with no hope of ever claiming the prize — may as well not exist.

Here is wisdom ---- try to understand what others are saying and why before you respond with your condecending judgement.

3 Likes

Why are you mentioning events? Trading is a main feature RexXxus added in HWS 8 and that requires barely any attention. Buy from npc or HWS market, visit POI, sell, done.

Maybe you should have read my post before replying.

Wow, Season 9 is back to all about farming. Not interested.

Honestly i liked the idea of new ocd levels.
Who needs to store Autominers core? In this season in exactly 6 minutes you can get 60 autominers core doing specifical pois (all in the same planet)
Epic weapons? Yes finally we can have a market for those since you cannot store them anymore until level 9
I see only objections by people that barely plays and dont even know how the commodity traders works. I had hard time founding items at ECC traders and i have buyed them most of time from market by pve players.
The “PVP” players could destroy our bases near commodity and put their to control the trader. And what they did? Absolutely nothing. And they had stored in their ocd tons of materials to put one thousand of bases around it. If you play you can get to better ocd levels, if not stick to the level you already have.

2 Likes

The extra OCD levels provide another thing for endgamers to aim for. Something to keep them interested. Thats a good thing. Its a change that has been discussed over a few seasons now. I would suggest its the adjustments to the current 5,6,7 levels that may not be proving so popular. Although like MightyMouth above me I dont particularly care. So I cant keep AM cores anymore - big deal - i’ll manage… struggle on by y’know :slight_smile:

Disclaimer - these are the opinions of someone who has done their grinding/hoarding in the way distant past (Alpha5) and as such may not reflect the views of shiny young newbies… like Flicky and Fasgort :slight_smile:

Resetting everyones gold/creds to zero would be an interesting change Rex :wink:

… and as we’re unlikely to take all our crap with us into Empy Beta / full game why not just reset the OCDs while you’re at it?

this is entirely speculation, i would counter and say that its not likely as the devs are actively developing on a public branch.

If I’ve overlooked something in the thread, my apologies in advance.

My main concern (and I know RexXxus reverted back to allowing OCD6 to hold gold) but, consider this reason for needing OCD6 to have gold capacity:
Carry over for EB5 (current state) is 100M
Anything over that amount, you lose it. PERIOD.
Having the ability to store gold (and ingots is the best storing ability) players have the ability to achieve the OCD level upgrade and efforts put forth for that will not be lost. I work more now than before, but even then, it was a daily grind to achieve have lots of gold to upgrade EB5 and OCD6.
I am in favor of changes, but, I have also stated that big changes hurt. I don’t want to try and achieve end game content as a grind compared to playing as a PVP player instead.

These are just my opinions.
And, I know it is a very difficult thing for RexXxus to balance. I’m not going anywhere, but gradual is much better than drastic in my opinion. Gaging things at that rate is much easier than reading a ton of angry and disappointment posts.