HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay

I’m not being arrogant, I’m pointing a fact here. You said it yourself.

Then do. You can afford it, then DO IT. But if you cannot, don’t ask for the game to give you 5 millions daily for free. Just play smaller bets.

You just won’t listen to other people’s points of view will you. I’m done discussing this with someone who is so up themselves that they won’t listen to another point of view without trying to ridicule it.

1 Like

I don’t know why you think I’m ridiculing you. You said the same thing I also said. You can risk what you can afford. You cannot risk what you cannot afford.

well in this 8.0 I did some pvp combat and despite having lost a ship, which was actually due to disconnection and not exactly for lost battles, pvp was annoying and frustrating because cvs of class 5 and up and even cvs class 4 could withstand great firepower while on the move basically no one died, this is clear in a properly planned and constructed warship, not the steam workshop ships, which I consider wet paper …
The only real cost was even ammunition that could be obtained in 3 ways:
1-making, harvesting resources on the planets and orbits,
2- in the marketplace
3- in the ncc in ECC, basically to supply a cv for the battle of at least 20 min if it spends on average between 4 and 5 million in ammunition, either buying ready or buying the materials to do the same, of course in case a player does not do pvp massively he with bank 5 could easily produce armament for eventual fights, but the cost in fuel should also be considered.
So I do not think that only pvprs could spend a lot of money in a short time in combat, in fact anyone who went to combat had an absurd expense of resources …
the main problem was that the rewards did not make up for the expenses, at least this season … Let’s see the next with the changes and the new mechanics of the A9.

I think in A9, we should have smaller ships, maybe class 4 or 5 and weapons with even greater damage, some weapons did low damage, mainly those that the players fired on the Cvs …

1 Like

As far as volume and weight I think vote came up cause it will negatively impact so many aspects of the game on a MP server. Not sure if you have played with it or not but certain aspects are crazy.
For example you can only hold 28 gold ore before being full. Can’t hold devices and such in you inventory either. So that would make certain systems such as EBL impossibly hard and burdensome.

And even for OCD the whole thing would have the be reworked since it pulls from and to inventory. Not to mention marketplace and NPC traders.

While I’m sure it could be done it affects so many systems I don’t see the value or gameplay enhancemen’s in that system in its current state.

I like how if you notice, you moved gold up to level 7 in ocd, and then hid it in the lineup. Please add it back to the 1-10 listing that you can store gold to make it more visible. Also, moving gold to 7 right before the end of the season is incredibly sneaky and short sighted. Please rethink this decision as it would be damaging to all major players of HWS @RexXxuS

What if the guild bank was tied to the faction leader? Using the website? Sorry I know nothing of coding and I am just grasping at straws.

You would be suprised at how much simply gets used up in PVP, only reason this season hasn’t been that intensive for me is because i’ve been busy in the real world unfortunately.

It is the correct conclusion, as I know a great many of the 1%ers, and not many of them play anymore, they tend to burn out with such intensive playing. It’s hard staying ‘on top.’ It reminds me of all the survival multiplayer minecraft servers, folks play on them, get to the number 1 bank balance and are never seen again.

Trust me, i used to CSW, sometimes it’d work, sometimes it’d explode. I think of it like Kerbal Space Program, somehow,. somewhere between the server voids there’s a giant invisible space KRAKEN that’ll happily destroy everything we love.

BANG, you hit the nail on the head, it FORCES people to stay active when it may not be physically possible due to real life limitations.

Oh dear, you’re missing the point by missing it further! I’m not even going to try and explain this point for the sake of my sanity!

This is an arrogant response, assuming that I have the time to play, and by even feeling that you’re experienced enough to tell a long-term player what to do.

This is insulting. I don’t know if you intended it as insulting, but this is something the likes of Paxxo would say "Oh all you ‘PVPers’ should go to creative.’ That’s vitriolic nonsense.

Best regards, you are being arrogant and frankly rude in your replies, destructive instead of constructive.
Wise.

PS: Telling one of the most experienced and capable players on HWS HOW to play is not going to earn you any friends, or any respect from the experienced players.

If you can’t see how your own attitude is not condusive to this debate then that’s your problem and not ours.

1 Like

I’m done with lengthy replies or we’ll be here forever until the end of time. It’s clear you have some sort of block when it comes to what i’m typing or the message i’m conveying. So instead i’ll just say this:

The interest from the bank is not free, it never was free.
A: The bank has to be grinded.
B: Enough money to earn interest has to be owned.
C. Unless you are a patreon you must log in daily to do eb:interest. Someone with an ole’ pc like me has to wait quite a while to get in game, especially with Eleon’s buggered up structure ‘loading’ screen.

It’s naive to think that it’s some form of ‘passive’ income that players don’t do anything for, they sure as hell do! Moreover this ‘oh have bank on both servers’ reply is not realistic for those with little time to divide it further amongst two servers, especially when the transition from one to the other has been known for its buggyness. (Though i’ll compliment Rex here and say it’s one million times less buggy than it used to be :slight_smile: ).

Finally, you have that ‘well i can do it, why can’t anyone else?’ arrogance in your responses, I for one am spending well over 30-40 hours a week studying, others have jobs and families. The HWS community as a whole has a higher average age than most games, the features have always reflected this.

I would like to reiterate Aeonbug’s point. It’s very important you listen to experienced PVPers when your own experience of PVP is limited.

@Fasgort I will say that regardless of your limited experience in PVP i’m glad your on the forums as your provide experience on the other half of the game, the bit that we PVPers don’t spend that much time in, this kind of pluralism is important! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise…

Since the ridiculous price of ocd6 i think that gold cannot be stored there or increase the cost of upgrading it.
So the “veterans” are happy because they got an discounted ocd and newbie need to actively work for gain the possibility to store gold. (and they will switch to Eb system because is more profitable)
Anyway the ocd6 break the current proposal of new eb system.
This game is in evolution, hws is evolving with new commodity traders.
You should adapt and evolve to new mechanics too or well do like dinos.
You cannot compare new seasons to old ones,
If you are an old time player you should have already an ocd7 if not, well there is a problem.
People can do ocd7 in one season now. “Veterans” have already an advantage over new players with their fatty ocds.

3 Likes

I agree with the paxxo, I think gold should only be in ocd 7 but I should point out that as I said above I think that the money card should be modified a bit and offer an amount in CR near the gold bar, something around 200k to 240k Cr, and also appear as a unit every 240 Cr and not as 240 units, a money card of 240 cr, in the ocd should only be shown as a stackable item … currently a money card accumulates only 50k CR that makes it little useable even in cross-player transactions, I think this feature can be much better used to maximize and improve the economy in HWS and I think it would solve the issue of gold bar and ocd 7.

I’m going to think that gold should be totally out of any ocd, since it is a precious metal and is generally used in negotiations and as the ballast of economies around the world. the same way I think it should be directly linked to the EB and not the Ocd, even because the ocd would be a deposit of junk and while the EB is a bank and could offer some kind of income to the gold deposited there …

An overly simplistic view. Why can’t we use our experience of previous seasons to help the transition and evolution of features? Should we just go in blind? :slight_smile:

Please explain in layman’s terms why Gold should be exclusive to OCD7 and not 6?

so that there is logic in the banking system that rexx has been trying to develop on the server for several seasons and now it becomes real with the logistics system, with the comodites and with the territories of the factions npc …

e na minha opinião o ouro nem deveria mis esta vinculado ao ocd e sim ao banco EB, ate porque ele e uma comodite de metal valioso e deveria ter rendimentos sobro o valor depositado em um banco e sofrer variação no preço atravez do marketplace, tal como ocorre as economias mundo a fora…

I do not know if it would be possible, but imagine a system where you could deposit directly in the bank gold bars, but with a conversion system, where if you wanted, you could buy or sell gold through a quotation system taking into account the prices of marketplace, where the purchase price would be withdrawn directly from the offers in the market with a variation of 5% for less in the sale and 5% more in the purchase, to avoid any kind of manipulation in the market …

but you ask me what this system serves me, because well with the new logistics features it would be much more practical to sell and buy gold and you would still have a peueno weekly interest of maybe 1% on this gold deposited in the bank …

Thanks for the reply, it was and is a genuine question. As surely shouldn’t people be allowed to store their money in gold similarly to people do in real life? The whole concept of cold hard cash/gold hidden under the bed? :smiley:

This is interesting, @Paxxo1985 bought up an idea that’d make the transmuting of gold ingots into credits easier.

I think we have to be very careful as for the newer players or those still working towards old OCD levels this could be clearly classified as ‘power creep’ or ‘feature creep’ where something someone was striving for is suddenly much farther away, which isn’t necessarily fair, is it? :slight_smile:

Best regards, and i agree that the Logistics system will be very interesting.
Wise

but wise you read my post about the money card, you saw the way I put the mechanics of it, it replaces facile gold bar, but with a little lower value so that it still makes the search for ocd 7 and guarad possible gold bar but not essential since the value difference between it and the bar would be minimal …

1 Like

well I never mentioned it, but as I know that rexx should be following this topic, I will take advantage, I never felt happy with the Eb interest system it, it does not act in a real way, as it would a bank, Banks custom oblige your customers to spend every day there to have a coffee with the manager of your account, I mean is that as much as rexx says that they do not like a passive gain and I understand this, but I think the simple fact of someone to be putting money in Eb already should yield something, even if it was a minimum interest, nothing that will leave no rich, but somehow eliminates the feeling of loss, I think, I just think that above a minimum value deposited in the bank acc any user should receive a 0.5% passive interest daily, this in case he does not view the bank or do not use or forget to use the interest command.

Or cb:gohome with inventory

I am hoping that this is not the same sort of RP that we are used to? otherwise it kind of throws a whole new light on the recent ocd changes where 90% of my stored good will be deleted in exchange for money I wont be able to use because I cannot log on, and RP that would be lost in a single mis-click…

I knew this would come up…

I try to make this more clear in the future.
HWS RP
NPC RP

So, nope.

2 Likes

@Rexxus
from which level would we be able to use the command eb:interest ?