HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay

What many are not taking into account is that the dynamics of the game will change in 9.0 due to the addition of weight and load limit in the game, Eleon already implemented this, and from what I could see is just the trade and brings a drastic change in the game, especially pvp / pve because it will be necessary to transport large volumes in suitable compartments, it will not be possible to carry 40 kk of gold bars in the player’s inventory, and even the ships and hovers will have a capacity limited by weight and quantity and volume of each item, add to this changes in a new hws that would require us to move through the planets in order to do business, season 9 will be very dangerous for all, hopefully this will come to stay, and in view of the addition of 4 factions aliens, I hope the new hws universe is more dangerous than ever …

Walla, walla, walla. Walla is a friggin PVP playfield. It was the 95% of the income from trading. Why do you guys keep saying this was a friggin PVE season. I netted 600m in 2 weeks selling in Walla with RED being the only opponent trying to block people from using it.

This is literally people shotting themselves on the foot instead of using all the options available to them. Sure, don’t use it if you don’t need it. But if people keep coming with the “I want to save 700m credits in the OCD so I can buy level 7”, then you guys are gonna get this one: Buy both OCDs. Save all the gold you need for the upgrade. And finally upgrade it when you have saved enough. Else, people are just making excuses.

If our veterans would have “experienced” the trading system that HWS 8.0 had, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. You can get OCD7 in the current season in 3 weeks, just spending 30 minutes daily doing the trading system. Literally this:

Visit the NPC sellers
Buy items from the HWS market
^ Repeat until you have 30-40 of each item
Visit Walla
Sell if price>800k, else save it
^ Repeat until you have sold everything

Every 4-5 days, I would visit Walla and sell my entire stock, getting a profit over 100m each time. I only needed to deal with RED ships (everyday they would have a ship or HV or something to ring the alarm if someone got close), and sell when the POI was safe.

It’s not about having a choice, is the fact that the current OCD literally superseeds the EB to the point that you only need the OCD. Not even the support packages compete against it. OCD6 by itself allows you to save up to 2b credits with gold ingots. Why would anyone pay for a “Keep Xm credits” package? Why would anyone buy the EB when the passive income is nerfed now?

HWS 9 EB was supposed to be a credits keeper through the seasons, while inactive players would be able to keep a lower amounts of credits (but still huge, 400m with OCD6 using only gold ore). To be fair, even with the nerf, I don’t know why would anyone want to save more then 400m credits when “not playing actively”.

Yes this new volume mechanic will be super interesting, especially as more resources shall have to be carried in ships, and hovers, making them far more valuable than they currently are when it comes to looting.

Don’t worry, there is already in discord a vote asking to disable the new feature completely in HWS 9:

Wondering what’s the point of releasing new features when no one wants them.

seriously, you really want a disney park in hws, with its magnificent cinderella castles and its chest full of gold, what is the purpose of all, why and why, currently a solo player who has ocd 5 or 6 and wants to go pvp can with lvl 5 bank and daily interests make pvp and still accumulate resources, what is the purpose of accumulating rich alpha game that is close to becoming beta and that, as already mentioned, everything will be deleted in this transition, remembering that the The ocd’s basic function was and has always been just keeps things from the total cleansing from one session to another and has been steadily dissuaded by the kings of gold …

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: OCD should not be able to store gold whatsoever.

Missed the point, trading primarily was a PVE activity with huge resource-gain playfields such as Phoenix entirely PVE, me and Rex discussed the playfields privately and both discussed the conditions of PVE PVP, it was an interesting discussion at the beginning of the season as neither of us were sure as-to what extent the resources should be ‘balanced’ but overall PVErs got a MUCH greater deal than before.

This is the problem of you being a new player here Fasgot; you got a one track mind, you think i simply mean trading without looking at the wider picture. I’m talking about resources, not NPC traders.

It’s called people having real life to contend with. That’s not me accusing you of not having a real life, i’m sure you have a busy and prosperous real life, but many of us have families and jobs and studies to hold down like i previously mentioned. I specified in a previous post on the other 9.0 thread that the HWS community is a unique one. It is more mature than most others, this is reflected by a high average age of its players. The HWS features have always reflected this. With OAM allowing people a passive resource income, OCD enabling the less active to ‘bank’ their resources across seasons, and with EB bank enabling a steady credit gain (which is not free as they have had to either grind or donate for this feature, as well as have enough in the bank to earn good interest on it.).

This is the problem, you’re thinking about this entirely from your own perspective ,you’re lacking the ability to take a more objective and total look at this, and that is primarily due to a lack of past experience. I’ll take everything you have to say a hell of a lot more seriously when you’ve got two or three more seasons under your belt and if you choose to stick around. I’ve seen too many intense players come and go to have another back-and forth on the forums night and day.

Once again entirely about you, you’re not thinking about the bigger picture.

Naive view, people primarily have resources and not gold ingots in their ocds, including OCD 7. I have only two or three stacks of gold ingots, the rest is pure resources, this is reflected within my faction and alliance. Only those working for OCD 7 had considerable amounts of gold ingots, moreover this is about choice, they can choose when to transmute their gold, in a season that suits them when they can be more active.

Probably because all the features are becoming more and more expensive lol!

• It’s clear that you have much to learn and much to experience about HWS** and i’m wary of spending my evening on a back-and-forth on the forum with someone that may or may not be around for the next few seasons (Personally I hope you do stick around, we need active (and experiences) players and forum commentators.).

Just be more considerate in your answers and your thoughts, think of others, not just yourself. This change is massive, and i’ve seen most of them to compare, this is one of the most significant, we MUST get it right! Or we risk losing some very good players

I think you have forgotten that people grind for those features, they’re not free. Sure as hell not free.

What do you mean?

I for one think that this’ll be a cool feature. Hopefully Rex does implement it, we’ve always kept up with the updates so i don’t see Rexxus stopping that tradition, even with that voting gradient hehe.

Best regards,
Wise.

1 Like

Once again LIMITING THE OPTIONS OF PLAYERS For GODS sake how hard is this to understand?!?! All games, especially MMOs, provide MULTIPLE ways of achieving the same thing to PREVENT the game from feeling grindy.

You would essentialy be turning the OCD progression into a neo-linear structure which would require EB upgrades (or saving in a single season) to achieve, this is unrealistic for most people. It took me two whole seasons to get OCD7, without gold ingots being stored over the seasons this would NEVER have been possible, it is a same old story for a great many others that I know.

You’re damned right it’s an unpopular opinion.

WHAT?!

What are you even talking about? We are talking about money as economy. The OCD being able to store so much money in the shape of gold ingots. How easily one would be able to make so much money with the new trading system that largely every veteran completely ignored it.

The high risk high reward trading that allowed me to get OCD7 in a season was Walla, walla, WALLA. A pvp playfield that was dominated completely by RED with zero opposition from other factions. Atlantis, Binomi and Cebo had a very low income range that they weren’t worth the time.

Considering the amount of resources everyone with a season of gameplay has in the OCD, RexXxus could release HWS 9 with no resource incomes and no one would bat an eye. But that’s not the point being discussed here. We are discussing about CREDITS.

Since you are saying this while quoting me about the use of double OCD, I keep not understanding why simply connecting to a second server that takes 30-60 seconds, is such a huge timesink that only no-lifers can only do.

Last weeks I only connected to do my EB interests in both servers, having to CSW EU->NA, then NA->EU. It only took me 3 minutes everyday. The OCD is pretty much the same.

This. This is the problem. EB, is NOT supposed to be a main source income. Yet, we have people who literally gets all their credits from the EB. Myself, I was getting 5 millions DAILY. How the hell does one spend 5 millions daily? It was just simply lazy income that would stack until I got everything. And then one just buy gold, throw it into the OCD, and you were simply earning a huge income while not playing at all.

Stopping this behavior was one of the reasons of the changes in HWS 9.

And you got GG to get all that gold to fill the OCD. Also HWS market, buying from other players who prefer to convert the gold into actual money.

Because it only takes a month to max the OCD7 for an active player. With HWS 9 faction trading, it could take even less time. And we don’t know what the new alpha is going to bring to us. RexXxus does and proposed all those changes.

This community would be more awesome if they would be considerate of the changes and features RexXxus has been working for the last months. Even considering he knows details of the new alpha and have prepare some of those changes beforehand, considering what new ways of gameplay the new alpha can bring to HWS 9.

Woaw, that looks like you need to upgrade your EB to store all those credits from now on. :sweat_smile:

Again, trading allows you to get it in a single month. New season, maybe in less time. Even so, having OCD7 or more is absurd anyway, no player should think of OCD7-10 as MANDATORY, and this is how people are behaving right now.

You didn’t have trading in the previous seasons, you had from this season onwards. The game changes, Eleon keeps releasing features (that may or may not be good), RexXxus keep working in augmenting the base gameplay, and all those changes he is trying to push for are considering that.

wise what I meant is that the ocd since the most remote seasons and I’m talking about the 3rd season I came here, had in its essence, the fact that we had to grind everything again every time the server cleans, but today it makes a massive bau of accumulation of wealth, until a short time ago until this was justified but with the new mechanics this is no longer necessary, we have the bank that the way it was modified for A9, we have the commodity sellers, we have AM, among other things, I think it should only be used in the first 15 days of the session and in the final 15 days of the session, or have a cooldow of 15 days regressive for each player in which after 15 days he can no longer be accessed and only comes back at the end of the season, but this is my opinion, I think that from the geit that the ocd it breaks any pvp and pve mechanics, because there is no planning factor or logistics that should be fulfilled. It’s always missing something, I want something, just pick up on the ocd …

this is too easy too much …

1 Like

You’re clearly suffering from some sort of block when it comes to what i’m trying to say.

OCD is far more about credits, especially for PVPers in which PVP is far more resource intensive than PVP.

It is something that most players do not do, which leads to the natural conclusion that only those tryind the hardest are really doing this.

I’ve already mentioned the CSW issues many players have, but once again you’ve chosen to ignore them.

Once again you’re focusing not on my whole point. But that’s fine, i’m done debating this tonight.

Lazy for you perhaps, essential for folks like myself with very little time.

Once again a generalisation, oh dear this isn’t looking very good…

The community is considerate but it also knows how to modify things, this isn’t the first suggestion that has been changed to better suit the material circumstances of the community.

Trading was UNIQUE to this season, hence why it provided such incredible resource gains,it needs some major balancing as frankly i don’t think it was expected to produce as much money as it did for a great many players.

‘The game changes’. Of course it bloody changes, what an obvious statement! it’s about ensuring that HWS changes in a manner that is condusive to the wider community! Arghhhh i feel like i’m up against a brick wall, you’re just cherry-picking quotes to reply to, and for that reason i’m out!

What about those who have work in the first 15 days, or late starters into the season? Or those who begin but then may have to deal with families?

Both of your suggestions are great for ACTIVE daily players, but there’s a great many that are NOT as active due to real life conditions, we have to be considerate of them too.

@Fasgort @Freemam_br It has been fun discussing this but it appears we’re at an impasse so i’m going to not waste another hour and instead go to bed, which I should have done an hour ago. Goodnight!

Best regards,
Wise.

As they say in the UK ‘sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite’ :slight_smile:

I agree to this…

and contrary to what you might think I only play the night after arriving from work, usually after 18 hours on my schedule in my country - 3 GW

Seriously all, we really need to access the ocd every 5 or 10 mins during every session, I think a little logistical and preparation will make all difference in pvp in the next session only who has lvl 10 will put or take something in ocd and how many it even has this lvl … nobody … so really only used in pve and, for pve enough a big base full of boxes and you will have the perfect store for all season …

OCD 6 allows you 60000 item per slot, 130 slots. For anything that is not gold, is more than enough. Or you buy 2 OCD 6, and you have 260 slots. It’s more than enough unless you are a crazy bloody hoarder.

Then you are at the wrong conclusion. Most players don’t use the CSW because they don’t feel the need for it (“Why would I go to the NA server when I’m an EU player?” and viceversa). Once you try the CSW for any reason, you may find you cannot access your OCD or EB, and discover there is a second OCD and EB for the second server.

Wait, I can actually have 2 OCDs?

This is not a tryhard strat or anything crazy. Literally go to the other server and buy your OCD today!

CSW client-wise only requires you being able to connect to the second server. It doesn’t do anything crazy to your game, computer, etc. If you can connect to a different server, the CSW works for you. It’s not trying to launch a rocket to the moon, you are just connecting to another server.

The ONLY issue you could possibly have is a latency issue. And it has to be severe enough that you are unable to connect to the server at all (having high ping is irrelevant, you are just gonna use commands in an empty playfield, that’s all).

You are ignoring the motive RexXxus pushed for those changes:

• Increase ways to generate income, with a huge buff at the amount of money you can make this season (trading)
  • Nerf EB passive income
  • Increase EB credit keep after each wipe
  • Nerf OCD gold storage
  • Happily announce the new changes, considering the new alpha features that you are not allowed to talk about yet
  • The community explodes in your face

Doesn’t take a science course to realize that he was trying to slowly push out the gold OCD storage method out of the way and bring EB as the replacement. In fact, you guys should be pushing for cheaper EB upgrades, maybe.

This is a survival persistent game. It continues where you left it. Dedicate some time eventually to play the actual game and generate the resource and credits you need to pew-pew stuff.

If this was my exact case, I would say 2 weeks. A month is more than enough unless you are playing 5 minutes daily.

The community doesn’t know all the details the new alpha has. RexXxus actually knows and pushed for those changes. Maybe the idea he has about HWS gameplay, and what you people have, are radically different.

This was the balance. Getting huge amounts of money in a short time is now possible. So reducing the possibility of saving money and resources forever is the nerf. It force players to be active to stay up, instead of grinding once and have everything forever.

Yeah, you have to grind again. But the grind is much easier and fast. And this “grind” is what RexXxus implemented this season. And this “grind” is what is being worked and expanded in the next season (faction reputation with traders).

Maybe the game is not all about getting some resources from the OCD, throw it against some random enemy in the PVP playfields and disconnect. There are POIs, missions, trading, exploration, and they all require people to play, regardless of if you have time to play it or not. This is not an idle game.

The game changes and evolve. The community should do so aswell instead of being stuck with the gameplay of so many previous seasons.

Play and catch up. This game is a survival. The end is not the purpose of the game, the way to get to it is what is enjoyable about survival games. Else, I would play creative servers.

Maybe you people would enjoy playing creative, skipping all those resource/money issues.

2 Likes

That vote about the weight and volume has no validity in any of this discussion. It is not an official vote created by RexXxus, and due to the fact that it is not official a lot of players will not vote on it (I for one won’t). Also it seems to me that the people that want to disable the feature are those that have most to lose as a result of their tiny money grubbing style of play where they carry huge amounts in inappropriate transport. You just don’t want to lose all your stuff to PvPers, or make multiple trips when you used to do one. Also we have a case of the same people saying ‘change is good’ if they see an advantage to themselves, and ‘change is bad’ when they don’t like it.

It’s a different world in PvP. It has been worked out that one CV fight costs about 5 million. If you did some serious PvP then you would understand the costs involved in that style of play. You may have mastered the financial play in HWS, but please spare a thought for those that prefer to play in a different manner to yours. Just because the changes suit your money driven play does not give you the right to be arrogant about other people’s different choice of play mode.

2 Likes

Maybe not have CV fights everyday and stick to smaller battles? Factions in EVE Online don’t take titans everyday to play. Yeah, maybe not a valid comparation since they are different games, but this is the thing: CVs are more expensive. If you are taking one to a fight, you are aiming to produce a huge cost to other CVs you destroy, at risk of your own resources.

Basically, don’t spend more than you earn. Risk what you can afford.

CVs are not that expensive tho… ammo is.

Yet again you are being arrogant about other people’s game play. I never said we could not afford such things I was pointing out that maybe you cannot spend 5 million per day, but we PvPers can. I also did not say how that money was spent. You just became the arrogant ‘I am’ assuming that I did not know how it was spend. Don’t pontificate on stuff you have no real experience of.

1 Like